• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MidnightGaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Hey yall, I created a new website. I used the layout from my old site because I don't know enough coding to do a new one, this one was made by someone for me over 2 years ago. (Please ignore the banner, its like 2 years old...lol)

And if anyone can create a natural layout with two sidebars that looks good and isn't a frame, let me know :D

My main focus is however, the content. Because content counts for 90% of the site or more and is more important then fancy graphics (IE - Gameplay is more important than Graphics)

MidnightGaming
Nintendo News and Reviews

Anyway, I decided to make a Nintendo News site. It's not just gonna be news though, it will also have reviews, maybe previews, game profiles, and ofcourse release dates. It covers DS, Wii, Game Boy Advance, and Gamecube games and news.

So far I have 3 reviews up, one for Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World, and Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Red Rescue Team on their own pages and ofcourse pages for DS Reviews, and GBA Reviews. Yes, I know that random Question Marks appear...but I cant figure out why >_<;

I'm looking for people to review games (people who import games are needed as well) and people with HTML experience who maybe can create a design for the Game Profiles. (Anyone who can solve the problem of random question marks appearing where characters like apostrophes, quotes, etc...help me)

Also - if anyone knows how to install Cute News, and is familiar with the system and how to edit it and whatever, please let me know. I know my old way of updating news was too tiring and much troubling for me to code all of it...so I really need someone who can help me with that!

I'll be looking for news updaters after I get stuff situated so be on the lookout!

Any tips would be helpful!

Thanks,

~Scott;229;

Last edited:

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
No one has any suggestions, tips, or wants to be staff, or can design a new layout or anything? ;_;

I realize that Cute News can't be used, but there's gotta be something out there I can use to make it easier on myself...

~Scott;229;

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Is anyone going to give us any suggestions - I mean geez o_O; - yall reply to everyone elses topic but mine >_>;

~Scott;229;

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
Well separate scrollers for the news etc are a little annoying if you're using a wheel on your mouse. :/

Last edited:

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Yes, I know I need a regular old layout, frame layouts don't work in every browser and can be annoying to work with. But I don't know enough coding to make one...so...if anyone can make me one then I'd be a happy camper, lol.

~Scott;229;

Reviewer needed eh? That's a me! I'll review some games for your site. I'm none too good with HTMLs even though I have mah own site as well, but I'll see if I can possibly find you a person who deals with that stuff. Is a new banner needed also? I may be able to help with that.

Anyways, am I hired as a reviewer?

~fuzzy out~

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Well you gotta show me a sample of your writing, lol. Either PM me or email me it: scott_m_reed@sbcglobal.net

Anyways, I'm sure your reviews may be better than mine - everyone is complaining that they are too short - and I've also had complaints that people dont like long reviews so it's like -_-;

~Scott;229;

chester

The Amazing chester
Thats awesome. Could you PM me your friend code in Mario Kart? I PM reply mine

Nah, it's probably just easier for me to PM you as I'll be on SPPf throughout the day. Also, what things should I review in my review? Should I go by the standards that you did when reviewing? What I mean is, should I follow it the way you reviewed them on your site?

~fuzzy out~

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Yeah - that's how I would like it :p - but see, our reviews are too short. So show us what a good review it :p

~Scott;229;

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I would have it with all news for every videogame system, but its a free site - its not like I can have a million different things on there o_O;

~Scott;229;

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Okay - so far I've just added some more news. I'm still looking for more Reviewers. I added about how Lik-Sang is getting shutdown and what not but it's all just news unfortunately. If you wanna be a reviewer please PM me or Instant Message me on AIM or MSN.

~Scott;229;

Rugia

Alright!
I'd love to be a reveiwer for your site. Just give me a little time and I can send a game reveiw for the writing example..

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I added a review for Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! It has a bunch of videos included so check it out. (November 8th)

I'm still looking for reviewers yall! And someone to design a new layout...:D

I added a review for Pokémon Ranger yesterday on my site. Check it out :D

~Scott;229;

Status
Not open for further replies.