• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mild 'n' Wooly! (141)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mild 'n' Wooly!

Heading to Azalea, Ash & co. come across a flock of Mareep. Discovering a girl that wants to participate in a tournement with hers, Ash decides to help her train her Mareep...but will her mother let her leave and train?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode was okay, definitely better than the ledyba and hoppip episodes but nowhere near as good as "Tricks of the Trade" or "The Superhero Secret". I can't help rooting for Mary and her desire to compete in the festival, and how things end up working out for her in the end. She definitely did show some maturity, so at least her mother's change of heart made sense. :) The part at the beginning of the episode was interesting too, with the mareep ganging up on Pikachu. LOL

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Those Mareep looked funny all blown up lol. Mary was a lot better in battle than I thought she would have been based on first impressions. It's not often we see that many Growl attacks.

What sort of name was Fluffy? Couldn't they come up with anything better? It didn't make for proper sentances, I mean when Ash said "Look Fluffly looks all fluffy!", stupidity on the behalf of Ash or 4kids I wonder.

I liked the way Brock was sort of torn apart from two women, one too young and one too old! :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I always found it ridiculous that a new trainer who has no battle experience, and using a Mareep that has no battle experience, managed to almost beat Ash and Pikachu. -_-

Just another part of horrible scripting that went on in Johto. Ash nearly losing to a little girl who has never battled before, with his Pikachu of all pokemon. Pathetic.

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
This episode was good, especially the part with the Mareep attacking Team Rocket.

Not so bad ;), but it was great to see Mareep, and Ash nearly got beat..

Battra

Very good episode, I love Mareep and their evolution line. Pretty neat how the Mareep fleeces grow by absorbing electricity, I guess wild electric Pokemon have to be careful around a Mareep farm so they don't get ganged up on, and the Mareep after the electric storm was very pretty. Loved the scene with Ash mentoring Mary and admitting that he's made plenty of mistakes in his journey it shows he's definitely growing.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Gangraping pokemon who use lightning bolts as sex toys, oh my.

Unintentional comedy in a couple scenes aside, awfully boring stuff. What is it with the Japanese and their fascination for Heidi anyway? It was a piss boring series.

I love how Satoshi got his *** handed to him by a little girl who's never battled before, too. And by "love" I mean "groan at". Come on, writers, make SOME effort when plotting.

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
What sort of name was Fluffy? Couldn't they come up with anything better? It didn't make for proper sentances, I mean when Ash said "Look Fluffly looks all fluffy!", stupidity on the behalf of Ash or 4kids I wonder.

Gee, I wonder? :p

A decent episode overall, though pretty boring I have to say. I didn't enjoy how quickly Ash lost to that girl =\

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
It was a good episode. I liked how the Mareep absorb electricity to make their fleece better. They looked amazing after the thunderstorm. I think that Ash should have beeten Mary in the pokemon battle, even if Pikachu did work all day long. It is much more experienced and powerful, and this was Mary's first battle. I like how Mary used the Mareep to beat Team Rocket. I am glad her mother let her compete in the festival, but I wish we could have seen her battle in it.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was great to see a Mareep, it's electricity was little different from Pikachu's
And i loved how the girl wanted to be a trainer like Ash

JohnLee

It was great to see a Mareep, it's electricity was little different from Pikachu's
And i loved how the girl wanted to be a trainer like Ash

Ash always helps a fellow beginning trainer in need! Mareep is one of my all time favorite Johto pokemon, so obviously this was a good episode for me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Good episode, Mareep is so cute...its voice<3
it was so great...really

Did it keep it's Japanese voice or was that a dub-only voice? Either way it was cute, I wanted one ;_;

I think this episode was decent. The little girl with Mareep tried battling but she wasn't very good. I think this was the first time Growl was used too.

The whole thing with Mareep wool absorbing electricity was something new. I guess they got the idea from real wool and how it gains static charges. 7/10

RickHoenn

Banned
Meh filler episode, it wasn't that interesting to me, but Mareep are cute ^_^ 5/10