• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mild 'n' Wooly! (141)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I remember disliking the scene where Pikachu electrocuted Satoshi when he was choking on his food as a kid since it seemed like a rather macabre method of helping him out. I don't mind it so much now since Satoshi would've suffocated otherwise, and I suppose that Pikachu's attack was necessary in order to cause Mareep to be drawn to the group's picnic.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mareep was cute of course, but how come we didn't see Flaaffy here? Flaaffy's so much cuter than a bunch of Mareep.

We likely didn't see Mokoko here because these early Jouto episodes tended to showcase just one new Pokemon per episode, probably due to the shortage of Gen II species in general.

Daizy

I call you honey
I was worried this would be another cookie-cutter COTD episode, but Mary and her mom had good characterization. Both are very defined in what they want and both have a bit of growth.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, Mareep seemed much more powerful than I had expected since they were even capable of absorbing natural lightning, which feels like a pretty big deal.

Mareep always seemed like such a weak and harmless Pokemon but this episode changed my view on it since the Mareeps were really strong with all the electrical energy that they had stored in their wool. I like episodes that make a weak Pokemon seem much stronger than normal so I was glad that this episode delivered. The Mareep vs Pikachu battle also had really good animation.

I didn't think of Mareep as being powerful or good for anything other than being a cute kind of Pokemon but this episode made the flock of Mareep seem really strong since they could store so much electrical power. I thought that Pikachu getting mobbed by all the Mareep was the funniest part and it's too bad that we didn't see how the tournament went. I especially relished the setting of this episode since it looked very European and alpine. 8/10

Looks like Mary had a little crush on Ash. Fluffy is cute.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Mareep was a good opportunity for an Ash's Pokémon"

Episode: 3/10