• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Millennium Pokémon

Ladyumbra

... ..no comment
Millennium Pokémon

Pokemon / Yu-Gi-Oh crossover
Disclaimer: I do not own either show or their characters or places.
Warning: contains spoilers for the Noa arc of Yu-Gi-Oh
Note: I use the Japanese spelling of Noa's name and his american age for those of you who'd actually notice that.
Summary: Noa Kaiba has been transported to Kanto but why?
Prologue

Noa Kaiba knew he was dead; he had died to protect his new friends from his father. The explosion and destruction of the Virtual World he had created had killed him, and he knew this. So now, what he couldn't understand was why he was floating upright in what appeared to be space? The deep reds, vibrant blues, and purple reminded him of the nebulas he had seen pictures of when studying astrology. Yes, his death and where he was, was confusing for Noa... but more confusing for him were the strange shaped, black, one-eyed creatures that kept floating by. Their shapes both intrigued and confounded him, as though they vaguely resembled hieroglyphs, he'd never seen anything quite like them before. He also found it a little off that their single eye had a pupil on both sides of their body. As far as Noa was concerned, theses creatures fit right in with the world. As a ‘q’ shaped one lazily floated to eye level with him, he sighed.

"What are you things and wher- Ahh...!" he cut himself off with a yell, his words had been a trigger bringing all of the creatures to him.

"Unown. Unown..." they chanted, swirling with unblinking eyes about him.

"What in the world?"

Noa was in shock; how were these creatures talking with no mouths? What had he done to deserve being sent to such a crazy afterworld? The Unown formed a sphere around him and chanted louder, seemingly oblivious to his words... all but the ‘q’ shaped creature that was still eye level with him. Despite his mind being barraged by the endless chanting, his curiosity got the better of him and Noa reached out to it. He wrapped his hand around part of its handle.

It was as though contact was a catalyst; the entire formation of the creatures began to glow. They spun faster around him, making everything a black and fuchsia blur. The sphere became small; it began closing in on him. Still they chanted, still their voices echoed across the vast empty plain. With a feeling of nausea from the blur, and shock from recent events, Noa felt his fingers loosen as he lost his grip on the creature. Suddenly everything around him faded to black...

~
Noa awoke to the feel of warm sunlight on his face and grass tickling his legs... Sun... Grass... He opened his eyes to see himself lying in a grassy clearing. Well he assumed it was a clearing because lying on his back, all he could really see was sky and grass. There were no trees in view. Noa sat up slowly and began to take in his surroundings, the clearing was about 20 feet around and rectangular in shape; the grass in it was fairly short, but there were an uncountable number of flowers growing in small clumps everywhere. They dotted the area with their bright pink, red, and yellow blooms. Paths led into the deciduous woods to the left and right of him, and the sky had only a few fluffy white clouds drifting across its baby blue expanse.

'Those things must have sent me back to earth...' he thought, 'and they must have brought me back to life, too... But how? And more importantly... why?’ Noa was puzzled, he hadn't felt any compassion during his connection with the creatures, and they didn’t look capable of such a feat... yet here he was. Noa looked at his left hand, but it showed no mark from having held the mysterious being. This was strange, yet it felt far too real to be a dream the different smells from the flowers, the way the wings ruffle his teal hair, this was far too real to be a dream or even the creation of the best programmer.

Bewildered; but knowing that staying where he was would get him no answers he stood and headed towards the dirt path to the left. The shadow on the ground showed that the time was around two in the afternoon, and Noa hoped he had chosen the way that would lead him to a city by nightfall. while roughing it was a possibility he wasn't used to being really alive and no food or water would materialise for him just because he thought about it.

As Noa walked, his mind ran rampant with other thoughts. Where would Mokuba and the others be now? Had they really forgiven him? How was he supposed to find them? Now that he’d been given this second chance. Noa wanted to reunite with his family of sorts and make up for all he'd done to them in such a short amount of time. The problem was going to be finding them, for all he knew; those weird one-eyed creatures had dropped him off on a deserted island.

After a while, Noa stopped thinking about that and decided to simply enjoy his surroundings. The dirt path in front of him was surrounded by tall grass, and bordered by tall trees with a myriad of coloured leaves, but nothing gave him a clue of where he was headed. When the sun filtered though the canopy, it shone like little spotlights on the ground and bushes below the trees. As Noa rounded a bend one of these beams illuminated a sunbathing bird, its tan and brown feathers blending in with the dirt . Upon hearing him approach, it turned its head and stared at him with sparkling black eyes.

Noa approached slowly, not wanting to frighten the bird or interrupt its rest, but he needing to pass it nonetheless. He was about a foot away from it when he was taken by surprise. The small bird squawked and kicked dirt from the road at him as it flew off in a flurry of wings.” What was that about?” Noa asked himself aloud as he brushed the dirt from his face, shirt, and out of his hair before carrying on.

He was a bit shaken up by the encounter, small birds like that didn't normally attack people, maybe it knew something was different about him, maybe he'd come back wrong in some way. A rustling of the grass to his left caught his attention, and he jumped back as a purple, rat-like creature ran past. From what he had glimpsed, the creature seemed to be carrying a piece of bread in its mouth. It looked at him curiously, and swiftly disappeared into the grass on the other side of the path.

Noa shivered as the hair on the back of his neck began to tingle. There was no such thing as a purple rat with a white underbelly and curly tail... except as a duel monster... and this wasn't any virtual world simulation! Where was he?!

“Hey, did you see a Rattata come by with a piece of bread?” Noa turned his head at the voice, and saw a young girl jogging through the grass towards him. She had black hair that hung just past her shoulder, and was wearing jeans with a white T-shirt that had a strange logo on it. Noa resisted the urge to shiver; wondering if the bird would notice something odd about him.

“Rattata?” he asked, puzzled, “what’s that?”

“Are you new to the area?” the girl asked with a curious look. She didn’t wait for him to respond, though, “Rattata are small rodent Pokemon. They’re pretty common around here... Anyway, mine ran off with part of my lunch; I only caught him a few days ago and he's still wild" she didn’t look too pleased and her tone wasn’t happy either.

Noa nodded relived that while she was inspecting him she didn’t seem to be bothered by him “Yes, I’m new here... and I saw your Rattata head that way" he pointed down the path in the direction the purple creature had taken, “It passed by less than a minute ago.”

The girl smiled, “Thanks my name’s Haley.... maybe I’ll see you again, someday!” she ran off in pursuit of her Pokemon, growling something about "See if I ever let him out of the Pokéball again"

Noa walked off the path, weaving through the tall grass, and sat down under a large tree. The rough bark was scratching his back through his shirt, but he didn’t care. He pulled his knees to his chest and put his head down. "I don’t understand... I just don't understand,” he repeated over and over, his cheerful mood now long gone. He was alive again, but he was not on Earth anymore... at least not his earth! Noa could accept the alternate universe theory, seeing as he'd sort of created one. This thought began to calm him a bit, and after a few deep breathes and dealing with a bit of inner turmoil, Noa raised his head once again with a smile on his face. Who was he to question a second chance at life? He may not understand this world yet, but he would soon, and he'd make the most of it.

This place had seemed similar to his world but there were definitely some unknown factors. He’d have to be careful for what he said and to who until he figured them out. already his mind was calculating things added in various possibilities while he worked up story for himself should he run into anyone. He needed to find a town and library , there would be old newspapers and records there history was important to him now he needed to know everything about where he was ." A little help would be nice. "He murmured before closing his eyes and sinking into the depths of his mind.

Ladyumbra

... ..no comment
Chapter 1
Into The Unknown

"Licki?" Came an inquisitive sounding voice from behind Noa. The boy jumped up in surprise and turned to see a fair sized odd looking pink creature of sorts standing before him.

"You must be another one of those Pokemon things that girl was talking about," Noa mused, looking at the creature and trying to make sense of its features. The shade from the canopy in that spot made its skin look dark pink, but Noa was sure that in sunlight it would be a light, soft pastel pink. It had a large, white, bib-like mark under its neck, and there were also a few wide white stripes on its stomach. Strange white circle patterns shone on its legs... or knees, if one wanted to be specific. It had an oddly shaped tail and-...! Noa's train of thought was broken as the Pokemon reached out with its tongue and snatched some berries from a bush that was situated at least two feet away!

"Tung. Licki," It responded to his earlier question. Noa could swear that it, no, he - it looked like a he to him, sounded amused. 'Ok, focus,' He thought as he looked at the thing, 'you're supposed to catch these creatures for some reason. Now think of a plan.'

Noa kept his eyes on the Pokemon and watched while it continued to eat, extending its tongue to at least five feet at one time, to grip berries and nuts from various trees, bushes and shrubs around them. Noa was positive that, as harmless as this creature looked, it wouldn't be wise to attack it. He suspected that he'd get a lot more than dirt in his face if he made it mad... No, capturing it was out of the question.

As he took a step back to retreat, Noa felt something under his foot and heard an angry hiss. He jumped forward, and was shocked to see what he assumed was another Pokemon raising out of the grass. The snake like creature was purple, and had a yellow underbelly and collar. It also did not look happy to see him...

"Ekansss! Ekanssss!" It hissed angrily as it lunged for him. Noa was paralyzed; such a creature had never attacked him before. The yellow eyes seemed to hold him in a spell.

Thwap!

A long pink tongue suddenly shot out and smacked the Ekans off into the grass again. Noa turned his head towards the pink Pokemon, which had now retracted its tongue. "Tung, licki-licki, tung!" Noa didn't understand what the Pokemon was saying exactly, but by the way it was shaking its arm, stomping a foot, and glaring at him, he had a feeling he was being scolded.

"Look, I'm new here and I don't even understand what you Pokemon are! I don't even know how to defend myself!" he didn't know why, but now he didn't feel so odd about talking to the creature as though it were another human being; it was obviously sentient.

With a sigh the pink Pokemon walked over to him and began heading back through the grass to the dirt path. "Tung licki," it said, and Noa knew it was commanding him to follow. As the pair walked down the road, Noa contemplated his situation again. He was in an unknown world, some strange creatures that he figured were probably Pokemon; gods of some sort had sent him here to be given a second chance at life, people caught these Pokemon for some reason and purpose he had yet to discover, and now he was being lead somewhere by one of these Pokemon after being attacked by that strange purple snake... Noa shivered and felt goose bumps begin to form on his arms. These Pokemon were dangerous, they could attack people! From the four he'd seen, they also came in all different varieties. Noa hoped he was being lead towards a city, because he doubted any of the survival skills of his world would mean anything in a forest populated by Pokemon.

A few hours of walking and two sore feet later, Noa began to see signs that brought him hope. The trees were starting to thin out, and more sunlight was getting through. The path looked far more used; and he could see several sets of shoe prints in the dirt. There had been no more Pokemon sightings, but he believed that there were Pokemon in the woods because every now and then, the pink pokémon would growl or glare in various directions. The duo rounded a bend and saw that there was maybe a hundred or more feet of forest left, and then about fifteen feet of dirt road. Beyond the trees and road was the city.

The city was huge, and buildings rose into the sky to be lost among the clouds. The sun gleamed brightly off the metal, but it was not nearly as bright as Noa's smile. He began jogging towards the city, one small, twelve-year-old boy with blue eyes and blue-green hair bangs s lightly light shade than the rest of it being chased by a Lickitung! To the people who noticed him , this was dismissed as training , nothing out of the ordinary though Noa's clothes resembling something like a private school uniform did garnered a few second glances.

Noa finally slowed to a walk as he entered the city limits, and paused to read the sign. Looking back, Noa saw the pink Pokemon struggling to catch up. "Oh sorry, it’s just... I was excited to see a city, and I wasn't looking forward to trying to camp out here..." he apologized feeling like a jerk , without this creature he'd never have managed to make it to town and at the first site of people he'd nearly abandoned it.
The creature shook it head in amusement. "Tung. Licki, Lickitung. Tung," the Pokemon replied and smiled, Noa was pretty sure he was forgiven.

"So, I guess you're going back to the forest now." he said, his voice holding a bit of remorse. He'd only known this Pokemon a few hours, but he had become attached to him. In this world Noa needed all the help he could get and despite a language barrier he knew he could count on this Pokemon communicating with and helping him .The Pokemon looked thoughtful as if examining Noa, looking him over and remembering that this strange human didn't know anything about this world. The Lickitung shook its head and smiled again.

Noa was relieved; he wasn't going to be as alone as he thought, the two began to walk down the sidewalk of Celadon city, one with a look of determination, the other hunger. As far as Noa was concerned, there was a lot to see in the city. There were malls filled with clothes and Pokemon items, and houses were interspersed with shops the streets. If he wasn't mistaken, there was also a gaming center where he could hear whistles and bells going off.

He was good at games, but then again... these people probably didn't have Duel Monsters, and he didn't have any money. Noa frowned, his irises deepening a darker shade of blue; having no money was going to be a problem. He'd need to find a job if he was going to be able to feed himself and his new companion, although, he had a feeling that as wild Pokemon, he could feed himself.

Noa knew he needed to find a library first if he was going to understand anything about this world. On his search, he passed more people with Pokemon. There were creatures that looked like many tailed red foxes, tawny coloured cats with coins on their foreheads, and some things that were beyond description. A lot of the people with Pokemon were coming and going from a large, domed building that had a large, red, 'P' on the front, or a big steel building that said 'Pokemon Trainer Registration Complex' in huge, fibreglass letters on the front.

Noa decided to check those places out as soon as he was finished with the library, as it was only six o'clock according to the town clock. The Pokemon however, had other plans. He grabbed Noa's hand with his own and began pulling him towards the complex. "We can go there next, wait a bit okay?" Noa said. He hadn't been expecting such strength from such a short-armed creature. He tried to pull his arm back, but resistance was futile; the Pokemon wasn't letting him go.

"Is your Lickitung giving you problems?" asked a boy who had walked over during the brief struggle. He had light brown hair, green eyes, and was wearing what looked like a blue track suit.” If you're a new trainer, I suggest you teach him some manners fast. Lickitung are bad for just grabbing things you know, and if you're going to walk around with him in the city, he needs to learn." The boy's voice grated on Noa's nerves. It had a 'I am more important that thou' tone that Noa himself had once used, and had come to despise, though he was pleased to discover the species of his companion despite feeling stupid since it seemed sort of obvious, he supposed that make the sake earlier an Ekans.

Still Noa bristled. “You leave Lickitung alone, his manners or lack thereof is none of your business". Lickitung nodded and watched the boy a strange gleam in his eye.

The boy raised his hands backed away with a mocking smile. "Okay no need to bite, but don't say I didn't warn you..." he said as he casually turned around and walked off, muttering about 'beginners'.

Noa just shook his head. “Good riddance," he muttered. he'd barely met him and the guy came off as conceded and a know it all the worst part for Noa was the fact that he knew he'd been that way and worse, now as he saw those traits annoying him in others he wondered just how much people had been annoyed by him.
Breaking out of his thoughts he turned to face Lickitung "Okay, now why are you taking me towards Trainer Registration?" he asked, walking in that direction anyway. He figured that Pokemon trainers were the people that caught Pokemon and obviously as the title implied trained them but why? What was the purpose? Not to mention, how the heck was he supposed to register for anything? He didn't live here; have an address or a phone number.

Lickitung just shook his head and grinned back at him, "Tung, licki." he replied his voice a bit muffled. Noa interpreted that as 'because I said so.' The two walked into the building, and Noa was amazed to see so many Pokemon and children. As far as the eyes could see, there was an endless sea of them. On the walls of the complex were pictures of trainers and their Pokemon, and many had action scenes of them battling. Noa looked over at Lickitung thoughtfully; concluding that Pokemon were living, breathing Duel Monsters. He smiled at Lickitung, no longer half as concerned as he'd been a few minutes ago, with a bit more information and Lickitung to guide him Noa could easily fit into this world.

Along one side of the building there was a large oak desk with several women behind it, who were typing on large computers. A hanging sign overhead stated "Registration Desk." Still pondering about how he was going to pull this off, he walked into one of the lines and Lickitung followed, keeping a close eye on the other trainers and Pokemon. As the line crept forward, Noa spent more time observing the other people in the room.

Some carried several small balls with red tops and white bottoms. Noa wasn't positive; but he figured that was what they used to capture Pokemon. He was puzzled on how the small spheres could capture such large creatures. He got an answer to his first though, a moment later, when a young boy enlarged a ball and released the snake-like Ekans. Noa shook his head, his expression amazed; he didn't understand how Pokemon became that red energy, or could fit in those balls or, well, any of it Noa turned his head to ask Lickitung a question, but was interrupted.

"Excuse me, young man, but it's your turn," came a sweet sounding voice. Noa looked up, suddenly realising that the line had suddenly disappeared. A young woman was behind the desk, smiling at him. Her dark green hair, sapphire eyes, and gentle smile made Noa feel more relaxed. "Sorry," he said, feeling his face flush in embarrassment, he should have been paying attention. Now this was going to be even harder!

The women smiled reassuringly at him "No need to be! Now I need to ask few questions." Noa nodded and noted the pin on her shirt that said Cheryl,
"Your name?" she asked

"Noa Kaiba," he replied; glad that he could at least be truthful about that.

"Okay, Noa! Your age?"

"Twelve," he said. 'Well sort of, anyway! I don't think telling her I spent six years inside computer program, so I'm really eighteen, is a good idea!' he thought with a smile.
“Your hometown?" Cheryl continued, mistaking Noa’s grinning for a smirk of an older trainer know he has a head start on all the 10 years olds now registering.

Noa stared at her, struggling to avoid panicking. "Um.’ He murmured. This was bad. He wanted to turn to Lickitung for help, but that would look too odd.

Cheryl gave a soft sigh and typed a few things into the computer before printing off a sheet, which she placed on the desk and pointed to the bottom of it." Sign here Mr. Kaiba. It's a wavier stating that due to your inability to sign up as an official registered trainer for " lack of information purposes", you will be given trainer status but you may not sue the league for injuries incurred while trainings on any of our premises, nor are we in any way held responsible for any illegal actions you may perform while competing within the league.

Noa was stunned. They had a waver for that? How many people couldn’t tell her their hometown? Was he perhaps not the first? This had happened too. Mentally shrugging, he picked up a pen and scrawled his signature on the requested spot.
“Thank you” Cheryl replied and placed the paper aside.

"And your starter Pokemon?”She asked returning to the keyboard.

Noa looked down at the Lickitung, who appeared annoyed that he didn't stand quite as far over the desk as Noa.
"Lickitung," answered Noa.

A smile returned to her face "An interesting choice. Just a moment, please."

Noa nodded and watched her type some more information into a computer. She finished and bent down to grab something.
"Here you are! A beginners guide A Pokédex and Pokéballs," she said, handing him a small electronic device and a set of those tiny red and white balls. "You can have your Pokemon weighed and measured, or do some beginner training and battling in the back part of the complex." said the woman, pointing towards the back end of the building.

Noa smiled and thanked her, then lead Lickitung towards the back of the complex. They entered a room for measuring, and sat down on a bench to wait for the crowd to clear a bit. Noa opened his Pokédex and scanned through it, gathering information on Lickitung, Ekans, Pidgey, and Rattata. Lickitung watched him, and added his own comments to what the Pokédex said, not that Noa had a clue what he was saying.

Once finished, Noa enlarged a Pokeball and handed it to Lickitung. "Partners?" he asked. He’d flipped through the first couple of pages of the guide and it stated that the best teams came from friendship between Pokemon and trainer, but that there should be a notable hierarchy so that trainings went smoothly. Noa really didn’t care for the hierarchy part; he knew he was still recovering from his power trips, no matter how many Pokemon he ended up, with he decided that negotiating would be how things would get done.

Lickitung nodded and pressed the button off the front of the Pokeball Noa watched fascinated turned into a crimson outline, and was suddenly sucked into the Pokeball. The sphere hummed and rocked for moment before giving a resounding ding.

The crowd in the measuring room had finally thinned out, so there were only a few people in line. Noa picked up the Pokeball that now contained Lickitung, and walked into the line. He saw a Caterpie measured for length in total, in segments, and around each segment. A Charmander's flame and claws were measured, and Noa admired the bright yellow/red flames, sharp looking claws, and the rich orange tone of the creature's skin. A Pokemon like that would be excellent to have, for all that fire types were rumoured to be hard to start with.
Once it was his turn, he released his Lickitung, and the man doing the measuring smiled. "Ah, I haven't seen one of these fellows in a while! Extend your tongue, please. "Lickitung complied, and let his tongue stretch to its full length. A small black pouch lay on the tip of it though it did not look wet. Noa stared at it wondering where it had come from then remembered the boy from earlier and how Lickitung had looked at him.
Laughing the man smiled and moved the pouch off the pink appendage “Hoarders these little guys are, like to keep everything they own in their mouth, and makes it harder for other Pokemon to steal stuff from them." While speaking he measured the tongue and the rest of Lickitung body

Noa nodded ' but why wasn't the pouch wet?" he asked curiously. Currently he was fervently hoping that whoever that boy was didn't find him an accuse him of being a thief. It was the last thing he needed
“They have cheek pockets. That’s where they store things. The insides of them are dry so the stuff stays that way," the man replied before putting away the measuring tape. 'He looks perfectly fine for one caught wild; take good care of him boy and I’m sure he'll do the same for you"

Noa absorbed the new information plus dismissal; he picked up the pouch and motioned for Lickitung to follow him out of the building. "Lets get something to eat, and then we can relax for the night. We've had a long day!" Noa said. Lickitung nodded its agreement and there was suddenly an extra bounce in its step. Noa sincerely hoped that Lickitung’s thieving had been a one time deal, done out of anger. He couldn't afford to have kleptomaniac. Though he had to give the Pokemon credit for getting away with it, it wasn’t like his tongue was invisible

As they walked to the Pokemon center, Noa was feeling a bit better it had been good to find out that he had a place to get food and rest until he could get some money. When they approached the center, the glass doors slid open automatically and a bell chimed. The nurse joy behind the counter smiled over at him, and went back to helping another trainer who was showing the nurse a rash on her Sandshrew’s skin. Noa grinned and followed the signs to the trainer's rest area.

After both he and Lickitung had grabbed a bite to eat, they took a room and settled in. Noa smiled down from his bed at Lickitung, who was seated on the floor with the boy's Pokédex. Noa had told him that he first thing they needed to do was acquaint themselves with their potential opponents; lack of information could be the turning point of a battle. So now Noa watched the screen flash from picture to picture as Lickitung researched. From time to time, Noa would take the Pokédex to look at something, or they would sit together and think of a possible way to beat various moves. Crude sign language, a lot of nodding and head shaking helped them communicate, though Noa was considering spending some of Lickitung's ill gotten money on one of those translator collars he’d seen earlier.

When the alarm clock glowed 10:00 in red numerals, Noa yawned and shut the Pokédex. "We should get some sleep. I want us to get some training in tomorrow, and head to the library." In order to keep this charade going, Noa was going to have to know more than what a Pokédex and beginner’s guidebook could tell him. He lay down and pulled a Pokéball patterned comforter over himself and watched as Lickitung curled up on the floor; instantly falling asleep. It was not long before his own eyes shut and he drifted off to dream of a bright new future.

U

umbreon43085

Not bad so far. Detail is okay except, the people need more discription. This fic has great potential. I can tell what the people and pokemon are like. I just cant picture them in my mind's eye.

L

Latias_tamer_3

*agrees* This is interesting so far and like Umbreon said has great potential. I like how he adjusts to the Pokemon enviroment and make friends with a Lickitung. (awwww)

Evanarios

...yep
Pretty cool, I'm not a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, except I was when it first came out, like 3 or four years ago or whatever. Lol. Anyway,

Good fic, seems like your writing skill has increased (Atleast from the last time I've read your fics. Maybe try tabbing over if you can, you don't have to, but It would look nice. Anyway I liked how you did the fic, all of it in overall was great. Good job, hopinh to see more.

Good ay!

~Evanarios