• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Millionaire: Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twentington

Outta here!
This is what I was talking about in the last thread; straight out of Australia, it's Millionaire: Hot Seat.

RULES:

Here's the money tree for this game:

$1 MILLION
$250,000
$100,000
$50,000
$20,000
$10,000
"$6,000"
"$4,000"
"$2,500"
"$1,500"
$1,000
"$500"
"$300"
"$200"
"$100"

Notice the changes; everything after $1,000, and before the million, is reduced from the original game.

The amounts in quotation marks are basically unwinnable due to the quirks of the format.

There's still fifteen questions, there's still a million dollars, but practically everything else is different.

Six contestants start each game. They are placed into a random order, for reasons that will soon make sense.

There aren't three lifelines, there's only one, which each contestant gets at the start:

PASS: Gives the current question to the next person in line (who cannot pass the question further).

The contestant that is first in line will begin the game at the $100 question, and continues in the seat until either they get a question wrong (explained below) or pass to the next person in line.

The next contestant begins where the previous contestant left off, either with a new question at the same level (if the last contestant was wrong) or on the same question (if the last contestant passed). This applies to later contestants as well, and once the last contestant in line has gone, the line wraps around back to the first contestant still in the game.

At this point, I should stress that you CANNOT WALK AWAY at any point in the game; you're in the game until you either miss a question, or answer the last question. This is why some of the amounts above are unwinnable.

Time limits are placed on the questions: 24 hours for the first five questions, 48 hours for the next five, 72 hours for questions 11-14, and for the million dollar question (if played), 96 hours (although these can be relaxed to add 24 hours each if necessary). If a player runs out of time, they automatically use their pass. If they have already used their pass (or have been passed the question), this is counted as a wrong answer.

In the case that the first contestant answers the first five questions correctly (without passing) they are awarded with a bonus of $1,000.

GETTING A QUESTION WRONG:

If a contestant gets a question wrong, they are eliminated from the game. They leave with nothing (unless they won the $1,000 bonus mentioned above). In addition, the top value in the current money tree is removed, as there are only 15 questions total in a game (so with 4 contestants left, the top prize would be $100,000).

The game ends either when all contestants are eliminated or when the question for the highest value in the money tree is answered. If this last question is answered correctly, the answering player receives the amount of money. If it is answered incorrectly or not answered in time, the last player to be eliminated receives either nothing (which means that nobody receives any prize money for the episode), or $1,000 if the 5th question milestone is reached.

And it probably won't happen often, but if a player goes the whole game without getting to answer a question, they'll get to play in the next show.

Now, normally, I'd need six contestants, but I promised the leftover contestants from Fastest Finger a spot in this game. Therefore, I need ansem the wise, destroyer39, and BlazikenBlitz to check in, and also 3 more players.

FYI: My rule on return appearances in this game is that you can return if you played but did not win any money. Otherwise, please wait two episodes before playing again.

ADDENDUM:

1. If you are not in the current game, unless you would like to add yourself to the waiting list, please refrain from posting. Continued violation of this rule will result in not being allowed to participate in any of my games.
2. PLEASE DON'T CHEAT. It compromises the integrity of the game and gives an unfair advantage.

Last edited:

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
checking in. How ya doing world?

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright, I still need Blitz to sign in, and two more people to fill the other open spots. Anyone?

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
Checking in. Right here, hopefully the spots will be filled soon.

Twentington

Outta here!
Anyone want to fill that last spot? If anyone does, I can start the game sometime tonight.

Twentington

Outta here!
Let's go!

-------------

[HOT SEAT INTRO]

(Regis walks out to applause)

Thank you! And welcome to the first night in a brand new series of Millionaire! It's the same game, and yet, it's completely different. We'll go through all the changes as the game progresses, but for now, let's jump right into it, here are tonight's contestants!

(contestant cue)

First in the hot seat tonight is Destroyer39.

In seat 2, we have Ansem the wise.

Our third seat tonight is held by BlazikenBlitz.

In spot 4 is Dragontail.

He's followed by Crimson Penguin in seat 5.

Finally, we have Celestial Moth!

(applause, cue ends)

They're all going to get a chance to play tonight, but Destroyer39 is first in line, Destroyer, let's go!

(CUE)

Alright, Destroyer, tell us a bit about who you are and what you do.

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
Well i am a pokemon master, 5-time Unova Champion, 5-time Sinnoh Champion, Hoenn Champion, Johto Champion, and Kanto Champion. Not to mention...
The very best, like noone ever was...

Twentington

Outta here!
Well, you certainly seem to have a good reputation in that - do you think you can match that reputation in the hot seat tonight?

Twentington

Outta here!
Well, I'm still going to wish you good luck tonight.

[RULES CUE]

DESTROYER39
15 QUESTIONS LEFT
6 CONTESTANTS LEFT
[PASS]
$1 MILLION
$250,000
$100,000
$50,000
$20,000
$10,000
"$6,000"
"$4,000"
"$2,500"
"$1,500"
$1,000
"$500"
"$300"
"$200"
"$100"

There's still 15 questions to the million, but there's a few changes you'll notice - some of the questions are worth considerably less, and the tenth question is no longer a safe haven. Also notice that you have only one lifeline - you can pass to the next player in line, Ansem, at any point you like. Well, that's everything you need to know, are you ready to play?

Twentington

Outta here!
Then let's play!

[CUE]

Alright, you've got 15 seconds (24 hours) for each of these first 5 questions, you run out of time, it's an automatic pass.

[QUESTION MUSIC]

In the cable TV network abbreviation CNN, the first "N" stands for what?
A. News B. Nashville
C. Nature D. Nothing-Else-On​

[CLOCK]

Twentington

Outta here!
Yes it is!

Moving on:

Which of these people are informally referred to as 'the feds'?
A. Professional athletes B. Government agents
C. Newspaper reporters D. College students​

[CLOCK]

Twentington

Outta here!
Yes, that's right!

Here's your $300 question.

In 2003, what company held an online poll asking whether it should retire the color "burnt sienna"?
A. Hostess B. Mattel
C. Hershey's D. Crayola​

Status
Not open for further replies.