• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Millionaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright, computer?

(sound effect)

What is the world's most populated city?
B. Moscow
D. Shanghai​

Twentington

Outta here!
(FINAL ANSWER)

Good thing you had the lifeline, you've got $4,000!

$4,000​

(CUE, MORE APPLAUSE)

[---][PaF][AtA][X2]
$1 MILLION
$500,000
$250,000
$125,000
$64,000
$32,000
$16,000
$8,000 <---
$4,000
$2,000

$1,000

(CUE; LIGHTS DIM ACCORDINGLY)

The tension is building, and the money is building, too. For $8,000...

(CUE)

In science, what does DNA commonly stand for?
A. Do not admit B. Down auxiliary
C. Digital nonlinear accelerator D. Deoxyribonucleic acid​

Twentington

Outta here!
I'm not even going to ask, just lock it in already!

(CUE)

Easy money it is, you have $8,000!

$8,000

(CUE, MORE APPLAUSE AND CHEERS)

[---][AtA][PaF][X2]
$1 MILLION
$500,000
$250,000
$125,000
$64,000
$32,000
$16,000 <---
$8,000
$4,000
$2,000

$1,000

You're doing great, 7 questions and you still have 3 lifelines! I don't need to say more, let's go for $16,000!

(CUE, LIGHTS DIM)

(CUE)

Both New York, New York and Moscow, Russia were nuked by the US Military in what movie?
A. Independence Day B. Fail-Safe
C. When the Wind Blows D. Barefoot Gen​

Twentington

Outta here!
[FINAL ANSWER]

You just risked $7,000. You didn't have to play...

...but you did, and...

those guts of yours just won you $16,000!

$16,000

(CUE, AUDIENCE CHEERS IN RELIEF)

[---][AtA][PaF][X2]
$1 MILLION
$500,000
$250,000
$125,000
$64,000
$32,000 <---
$16,000
$8,000
$4,000
$2,000

$1,000

This is an important question. If you get this right, not only will you have $32,000 guaranteed., you'll also be able to switch any one of the last 5 questions. You're ready, I'm ready, let's play!

(AUDIENCE CHEERS AS THE LIGHTS GO DOWN)

(CUE)

In the TV series Deadliest Catch, the Hillstrand brothers captain a boat that shares its name with what 1981 adventure comedy written by Michael Palin and Terry Gilliam?
A. "Maverick" B. "Time Bandit"
C. "Northwestern" D. "Big Valley"​

Twentington

Outta here!
It's an important decision, and I have to ask. Is that your final answer?

CuriousHeartless

None of the others are novels as far as I know, so yeah. Well something, I've heard of Time Bandit, not sure if it's actually a book, but I've heard of it. And I'm so headstrong and self-confident that I have trouble changing my mind. I lock in that answer, Regis.

Twentington

Outta here!
(CUE)

I can tell you it wasn't a book...

(the audience begins to groan)

Wait a minute, wait a minute, I wasn't done yet! It was a movie. Written by...

Terry Gilliam and Michael Palin, you've just won $32,000!

$32,000
(CUE, LOUD CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

(HORN, LIGHTS GO UP)

Already? Well, that sound means we've run out of time for tonight, but Curious, you shouldn't worry, you'll be back next time, and everyone else will be back, and I'll be back too! Until then, from New York, everybody, goodnight!

(CREDITS MUSIC PLAYS, APPLAUSE)

(as the credits finish, fade to...)

(BUENA VISTA TELEVISION LOGO)

(fade to black)

--------------

Abrupt ending, I know, but I'm following the original show.

Anyhow, we have one spot to fill in the ring of fire for the next episode (someone already signed up for one of the two spots). Who wants in?

CuriousHeartless

That was it! I knew I saw Time Bandit somewhere. I saw the movie. Well can't wait to be back tomorrow, Regis. Wait, would I pick back up in the hot seat?

Twentington

Outta here!
Yeah, just like the old show, we'll walk in at the start, talk quickly, and continue the path to the million.

That being said, one more person is all we need to kick back off again.

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
I want in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twentington

Outta here!
And we're on!

(fade up, cue plays)

(We see scenes of New York at night, intercut with shots of the Times Square studios and actual gameplay, not unlike the average open of an episode in 2001; see here for example. As the main part of the music finishes, the last show is briefly recapped: )

And in the fastest time - dinosaurus!

So with that, I'm going to go ahead and save my lifeline and say D) Synonyms, final answer.

Who needs suspense, you're right for $8,000!

...so I'm gonna run with the money, final answer! :D

...And going next into the hot seat is CuriousHeartless!

None of the others are novels as far as I know, so yeah. Well something, I've heard of Time Bandit, not sure if it's actually a book, but I've heard of it. And I'm so headstrong and self-confident that I have trouble changing my mind. I lock in that answer, Regis.

...you've just won $32,000!

(jump cut, cue, as the logo forms into place.)

(Cut to the studio; Regis and Curious walk out to the famous chairs accompanied by the famous music to applause and cheers)

Good evening, everybody, and welcome to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? It was a heck of an hour last time, we've got our first big winner so far with us tonight in the hot seat, CuriousHeartless! Last night, he made it to $32,000 only using one lifeline in the process. So how have you been since last time? Do you think you can make it to the top?

CuriousHeartless

I've been good. A bit anxious for this to start really. Been preoccupying my time with Youtube Music. I think I can make it to a million, Regis.

Twentington

Outta here!
That's a good thing. We're all rooting for you, so we'll see what happens. Let's recap quickly.

(CUE)

[---][AtA][PaF][X2][S?]
$1 MILLION
$500,000
$250,000
$125,000
$64,000 <---
$32,000

As it stands, you're just 5 questions away from one million dollars in cash. You had three lifelines before, for getting this far you've earned the right to switch out any one of the next 5 questions for a new question. You also can ask our wonderful audience, phone someone for help, or even Double Dip, but remember once you use the last one you must play out the question. We're going for $64,000, you might as well play this next one - are you ready to keep going?

Status
Not open for further replies.