• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Milotic's sweet revenge (OU RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I have to ask why you refuse to use RestTalk Milotic? I mean, here are going on about Marvel Scale, and how it makes Milotic different, and I agree, but with REST you can take any status, not die from it (Toxic, stall) and get full HP recovery. With Sleep Talk, you can function while asleep, and sleep activates Marvel Scale, meaning you have a status immune, souped up defense wall.

Instead you're debating Refresh, which nulls Marvel Scale and ruins Milotic as you need Recover as well.
So why not?

Starmie @ Leftovers
Illuminate
Timid nature (+Spe, -Att)
236 Hp/ 56 Def/ 216 Spe
- Sur
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Have a nice day.

Starmie with Illuminate?

I am going to rebuild my team now, I start with Milotic in a way Vaporeon and Suicune don't outclass. I know what competitive means, it is all about winning. I am as competitive as possible with Milotic. If I am done, I will post it in my first post, the reason why I didn't do it before was: 'I had to keep rewriting my whole RMT, if I change something again, I have to rewrite everything. Now I will just do it.' I will try to keep some of the same Pokemon and I will create the team in another way: I pick Milotic, I pick something to counter Milotics counters, I pick something to counter things Milotic and the second Pokemon can't counter and so on, while also looking at roles (Ph Sweeper, Sp Sweeper, Wallbreaker). Maybe I should just use Milotic and Vaporeon, but no Gyarados anymore. I will post it if I am done.

I am also going to make an UU team like this, with Pokemon with the same types and roles like this team.

I know competitive means this: Battling to win, with the best Pokemon and the best strategies. But competitive battling is a hobby. I am trying to win with Milotic.

My Milotic addiction/obsession ruins my competitiveness when playing OU. The UU version of this team will probably be better (also when considering UU is my main tier since Milotic became UU). I just can't replace it in my OU teams.

Last edited:
Dude. I'll try to tell you in a nice way. YOU WON'T IGNORE MY RATE. Btw, the Illuminate thing was joke. Obviously. Now, go take a second look at my rate. Tell me what you think is wrong and isn't Starmie's ability. Test what I wrote. If it doesn't work for you, is ok. Just tell me. Me and the other raters will tell you how to fix what you in testing.

I didn't ignore your rate. I read it, I will take your options in my revamp. By the way, Celebi will run max Speed, to tie with Salamence (and other 100 base Speed Pokemon) with 1 boost (Scarf, DD). I just can't use all rates in one revamp, because people suggest different things for the same Pokemon (like Celebi's STAB). Be patient. For example, I use a Milotic, pick what stops it, pick what stops Milotic and that other Pokemon and so on.

Last edited:
I know how that works :/. You most likely found that on the link I gave you after all. Just try out the team I gave you. If it doesn't work, never hear me again. If it does, however, keep it. Oh and you can edit all your posts, including the Op, without the need of erasing it.

Thanks, Darkfall. I would have posted but this wasn't of enough importance to be a post.

Last edited:
The reason I tried Refresh is curiousity if it would work. Unfortunately it doesn't (what I expected, I just wanted to try).

I love RestTalk, Milotic becomes one of the most reliable status absorber in the game with it. But the EV spreads I got don't fit in my team. There are two sets that worked nicely, I made those sets myself. Moves of both are the same (Rest, Sleep Talk, Surf, Ice Beam).

Set A
Modest, 252 HP, 252 SAtk, 4 Spe
Life Orb

Set B
Bold, 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SAtk
Leftovers

Set A is odd, but is one of the best tanks in the game, at least on other teams I made (Hydro Pump is viable over Surf, but Surf is overall better, Surf is a reliable STAB). Great mix between power and bulk.

Set B is the most defensive option.

The mixed spreads you all suggested are spreads I used on other Milotic, I tried them on this team, but the more focused alternatives (those two sets) perform better. I am thinking about set A.

I didn't want RestTalk before because I wanted to use Recover to show one of Milotics adventages over other bulky waters, that is why I wanted a ToxicStaller. I used Hypnosis for some time, but it didn't work because of unreliability.

I am going to use RestTalk in my revamp, probably the offensive one.

JRCxyz, I am not forced to do everything from your rate. I will use suggestions of you in my revamp, I will rebuild my team in the way you did, it won't be exactly that, but much like that. I will tell you what I did and if it worked when I think the team had enough testing on Shoddy.

I am going to try with both Milotic, this has impact on the whole team.

Last edited:

Sebonzakura

moved to smogon
Recover isnt the only advantage that Milotic has.Of course Recover is nice to have but in my opinion Milotic's main advantage over other bulky waters is Marvel scale.Toxic stall is very annoying and works really well but it doesnt fit on Milotic.I just find the set that both JRC and I gave you more effective and JRC analysed it very well.

Anyway this is your team.You do what you want.We are just trying to help.

Good luck.

And BTW what is Rhysengan?Is it something like Rasengan that Rhys made?I was just wondering.

Edit:Thanks for the link.Rhysengan is great.It made laugh a lot.Now that Rhys made a new RMT he should also make the new Rhysen Shuriken.

Last edited:
and JRC analysed it very well.

Yay!

Anyway this is your team.You do what you want.We are just trying to help.

Exactly.

And BTW what is Rhysengan?Is it something like Rasengan that Rhys made?I was just wondering.

Basically. I'll try to get the link for you since you seem cool :D. Edit: Here's the link

@Milotic: I'm not forcing you to do anything. I just want you to test my ideas before rejecting them. To be honest, Gren Draco and I were chatting and he told me that someone was getting flamed for using Milotic instead of Vaporeon. I told him I might post there to help the dude out. After talking some crap with Gren, I decided I'd post because people were treating you in the wrong. So, to be honest, I thought I was doing you a favor. I'm sorry if you thought I was forcing you to do anything. And I'm soryy if you tought I did.

Last edited:

Deathfox30

I hope this is a joke. Specs Salamence?! Use mixmence! Milotic........uhhh I dont even know what to say this team is downright terrible and will get swept by latias (Every team has one) o_O I really hope you copied this from somewhere taking all that time to write such a geat RMT for such a terrible team sucks. How it has that record I will never know. Did you battle you self over and over and accidentally win with the wrong account a few times?!

I never battled myself on other accounts, I don't even have more than one account.

Normally I use the Set-up sweeper, counter for counters and so on team building strategy, JRCxyz, I am not a newbie (I played the whole 3th gen and 4th gen competitive, 1th and 2th uncompetitive), I just wanted to try another teambuilding strategy to see if it works (fitting all roles), I will rebuild the team, in a way Milotic isn't outclassed and fits (no Pokemon that force me to use Vaporeon). I didn't copy anything of this, I wrote it myself with a lot of effort (especially when considering I'm Dutch, English is not my main language, I still speak/write it well).

About forcing me to replace Milotic: I didn't reject any of your ideas except for replacing Milotic, I just didn't do it and didn't revamp my team because I am busy with the annual Dutch Pokemon Days, a big Pokemon event with competitive battles. (busy with breeding/EV training, I am working on my 100th EV trained/IV bred Milotic, this one is a Timid SpecsTic, I will revamp my team and test ideas when I have time for it). I test everything except for Milotic replacements. I accept your apology, as long as you won't give a single suggestion about Milotic replacing anymore, and no posts like these anymore.
Dude. I'll try to tell you in a nice way. YOU WON'T IGNORE MY RATE. Btw, the Illuminate thing was joke. Obviously. Now, go take a second look at my rate. Tell me what you think is wrong and isn't Starmie's ability. Test what I wrote. If it doesn't work for you, is ok. Just tell me. Me and the other raters will tell you how to fix what you in testing.
Also, today is my 15th birthday, so big Pokemon party and no time to test.

When I revamp my team, I will do it this way: 'SpecsTic. Couter for SpecsTics counters and so on until I countered all SpecsTics counters and then looking at my team. If I see big weaks, replacing Pokemon (NOT MILOTIC) to fix it and so on until my team is as best as possible, then I go for a high rating.'

Last edited:
Thank you.

I have an idea.

I use SpecsTic (no replacements, not outclassed because it has another STAB type, a very powerful one, surprise factor and some bulk even without defensive EVs), a Blissey counter and counters for Milotics counters, then I change my team to deal with weaks and to fit team roles.

Champion-Cynthia

Sinnoh Champion
SpecsTic has a great surprise factor. Accept a ToxicStall Milotic is outclassed. Special defensive Milotic can't take a lot of hits, Grass Knot is too common. If you really want to use Milotic, use it in UU, use RestTalk. I like the idea behind SpecsTic, use it, but if you do, a lot of people will complain. Use RestTalk. I also saw your ScarfTic on Smogon, it is nice, but it lacks power.

But accept a job as a Specs Sweeper is performed better by a lot of Pokemon.

Latias, Salamence, Alakazam, Porygon-Z, to name four.

But if you use Milotic in a way it is not outclassed, it is fine.

Last edited:
Finally, a more positive reply. Thank you, Champion-Cynthia. At least you tell me in a nice way. I use SpecsTic in this team and nobody can stop me from using it.

I posted the RMT to get critisizm to make my team better, but a positive reply stimulates me to go on with the team. Replies like 'This team sucks.' without pointing out why and how I can make it better don't help my team and don't give me the feeling I should go on with this team.

'Another STAB' means another STAB than Porygon-Z/Alakazam/insert common special Sweeper, meaning its Water STAB.

I am testing a revamped version of the team, I will rewrite my RMT if I have a revamped version winning at least 80% of the battles when I did at least 30 battles. My current version has a 10-2 win-loss ratio, so my new version could be good enough. However, I aren't sure about when I am done, I told I was very busy for the Pokemon Days event. Sorry.

Last edited:

Champion-Cynthia

Sinnoh Champion
Well, this thread isn't really active anymore. I suggest you make a new thread for the revamped version, it will probably be very different. Sorry for bumping it, this is just important to say. And I like the idea of ScarfCelebi, it is very nice. I respect you want to use Milotic. But it lowers your competitiveness. Make a team with Milotic as the star of the team, as a irreplacable star of the team. Special defensive Milotic is easier to replace for another special defensive Toxic user.

Last edited:
I am not revamping this anymore. I stop with this team. JRCxyzs version had a 3-2 win-loss ratio. I built a new team with a new RMT.

I know Milotic lowers my competitiveness. For me (I know what competitive means) it is following the competitive ideals as much as possible with Milotic.

It is hard to make a team with Milotic as the star, because Milotic isn't meant to sweep, but to wall.

I won't stop playing OU.

Last edited:

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura
No.
Please.
Stop.
Playing.
OU.
You.
Suck.
So.
Much.

As weall as milotic does too. Are you ever going to realize that no one likes you here and that Milotic ****ing sucks in OU, and is meant to be in UU, and rightfully so due to its pretty much gay appearance and the ability to do nothing special in particualr next to Suicune and Vaporeon in OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.