• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Milotic's sweet revenge (OU RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction
Hello Serebii, this is my first RMT here. I have been a Smogoneer and I have a lot of experience and knowledge about UU, OU and Ubers. I will rate a lot of teams here, as long as there are good descriptions. I don't rate teams by PM. This is not bragging, but it is true and I can help you with your teams. I made a RMT on Smogon once. The team has a 52-8 win-loss ratio. I did 60 batles with it. Feel free to copy the team if you want to. It is not a ‘6 OUs thrown together’ team, I put effort in this team. One UU+5 OUs. Definitely not a 'bog standard' run-of-the-mill team.

52:60*100=86,67%
This means I won 86,67% of the battles with this team.

Team at a glance:
482_azelf_1_m.png
251_celebi_1_m.png
130_gyarados_1_m.png
212_scizor_1_m.png
373_salamence_1_m.png
350_milotic_1_m.png

Strategy
The strategy is: Azelf sets up SR, Gyarados, Scizor, Salamence and Milotic wreak as much havoc as possible and Celebi kills what is left. Annoying walls get Tricked by Celebi.

Without further ado, let's look at the team.

The team
The lead
482_azelf_1_m.png

Azelf@Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SAtk, 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Psychic

A generic Azelf lead with a changed EV spread. I use the Attack EVs to power up Explosion, I won't use Psychic too often. Stealth Rock is of course handy to ensure some KOs for the team. Taunt is to prevent opponents from setting up Stealth Rock. I also thought about Aerodactyl, but I wanted Explosion, so I choose Azelf over Aerodactyl. Not much more to explain.

Azelf vs. other popular leads.

Aerodactyl: Gamble. If it uses Taunt, I use Psychic. If it uses Stealth Rock, I use Stealth Rock. If it uses Stone Edge, I use Stealth Rock. Very hard desicion.

Metagross: Taunt, whatever it does.

Azelf: Stealth Rock. Always a gamble because of the speed tie. I never push my luck using Taunt, I just try to set up Stealth Rock as fast as possible.

Jirachi: It will either Trick or Iron Head. Just Stealth Rock hoping for Jirachi to have bad luck if it uses Iron Head.

Mamoswine: It will use Ice Shard or Stealth Rock. I just use Stealth Rock, I prefer Stealth Rock(+Explosion if possible) over Azelfs life.

Bronzong: Taunt, then Stealth Rock.

The revenge killer
251_celebi_1_m.png

Celebi@Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
- Trick
- Energy Ball
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Celebi has three main moments to be used: If a Pokemon dies, if all sweepers are dead and if unsuspecting walls come in. Trick is for walls like Blissey, Energy Ball is for a strong STAB, but unfortunately resisted by a lot of Pokemon. Earth Power and Hidden Power Ice have very nice coverage and hit quite some Grass resistors. I use a Modest nature to have power needed to kill as much as possible. Hidden Power Ice deals with Dragons and Earth Power with Heatran, for example. With the Choice Scarf, Celebi outspeeds just about everything. Celebi is without a doubt one of the best revenge killers in the game, I know it trough a lot of testing on a lot of teams, with different movesets.

The physical core
130_gyarados_1_m.png

Gyarados@Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SDef, 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Gyarados is the single most powerful Pokemon of my team. The EVs and nature give max Speed, Life Orb compensates for the use of a Jolly nature. Waterfall for STAB, Earthquake and Stone Edge have nice type coverage. Even with no defensive EVs, it is still reasonably bulky and can switch in on quite some attacks, also thanks to Intimidate. It also deals reasonably well againt Salamence and opposing Gyarados. It switches in on them, lowering their Attack, it is able to survive most attacks and OHKO them with Stone Edge assuming Stealth Rock is in play. It can set up on Scizor and can come in on most attacks of Heatran. It checks the top 4 most used Pokemon reasonably well.

212_scizor_1_m.png

Scizor@Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- X-Scissor

Scizor is one of my bulkier sweepers. It uses Swords Dance and Bullet Punch as main source of damage. X-Scissor is a consistent STAB, it is also its best weapon against bulky waters. Brick Break deals with opposing Steels. Zapdos and Rotom-A are 2HKOed by Bullet Punch after one Swords Dance, and Bullet Punch has a slight chance to OHKO Zapdos after Stealth Rock with one Swords Dance. I am more careful against Rotom-A, because it uses Will-o-wisp, and I don't have a cleric.

The special core
373_salamence_1_m.png

Salamence@Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk, 4 SDef, 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

You will all call me noob for using SpecsMence because there are more treathening movesets, like DDMence and MixMence, but it has a huge surprise factor. The normal Salamence checks (physical walls) get OHKOed/2HKOed by its special attacks. It has perfect type coverage. SpecsMence OHKOs/2HKOs almost anything not resisting it.The Pokemon that aren't are that are not Uber are: Special defensive Empoleon, Blissey and special defensive Milotic. It is just as powerful, if not more poweful (surprise factor) as in early DP, it is just less used.

350_milotic_1_m.png

Milotic@Choice Specs
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Electric

Milotic is often seen as an annoying wall annoying the hell out of you with Light Screen, Hypnosis, Toxic and even Mirror Coat, recovering often and using Surf and a coverage move to have a very good wall, being very hard to kill, this is great, but because of this, people overlook Milotics very good offensive capabilities. It has a very nice 100 SAtk and an above average 81 base Speed. Hydro Pump gets a lot of OHKOs. Milotic covers every Pokemon barring Shedinja, who is very uncommon. It hits some counters of its usual defensive sets for a lot of damage, like Zapdos, who can be OHKOed with Hydro Pump and the help of Stealth Rock. This sweeper is ready for revenge on every person who doesn't use it. That explains the title of the RMT.

Team building process
350_milotic_1_m.png

I wanted to use SpecsTic in my team and some Pokemon who get around its counters as a team, starting with Milotic is obvious.

130_gyarados_1_m.png

I needed a good Physical sweeper, to complement Milotics great Special sweeping capabilities. Gyarados is one of the most treathening Pokemon in the game and I wanted to use it, so Gyarados was my second choice.

482_azelf_1_m.png

I wanted a fast lead, able to set up Stealth Rock and use Taunt while also packing a punch. Azelf and Aerodactyl were options, Azelfs Explosion was the sole reason to choose it over Aerodactyl.

212_scizor_1_m.png

I wanted a bulkier sweeper with some defensive capabilities, not Choiced. Scizor is bulky and powerful. It is slow, but has great priority (Technician+Life Orb+STAB+130 base Atk+maybe Swords Dance) to make up for its poor Speed. Scizor adds both bulk and power to my team.

373_salamence_1_m.png

I needed a second Special sweeper, I didn’t want to leave everything to Milotic. SpecsMence and SpecsLatias were the two Pokemon I considered. I choose Salamence merely because of the surprise factor.

251_celebi_1_m.png

I needed a revenge killer with good Special attack. Celebi was my first idea, with nice natural bulk, good Special Attack and Speed. It also has a surprise factor. Celebi has a decent offensive movepool.

Things I might change myself
- Azelf>Moving the Atk to SAtk.
- Celebi>Using a Timid nature and using a moveset of Psychic+Energy Ball+Hidden Power Fire, this also has nice coverage, but loses to Heatran. It is an option. Leaf Storm is also an option.
- Gyarados>Using a BulkyGyara set to add some more bulk to my team.
- Scizor>Using Roost on the set and moving Atk EVs to Def or SDef to add bulk.
- Salamence>Using a Timid nature or using a Choice Scarf or even both. Maybe Flamethrower over Fire Blast. I am also thinking about making it a MixMence.
- Milotic>Using a (Special) defensive set. However, I won’t, because the reason I made this team is SpecsTic. Also using a Life Orb and the current set might be an option, but I don’t want to lose too much power, so I won’t. Surf over Hydro Pump is also viable, but Hydro Pump is the main attraction. I won’t use both, I normally prefer Surf on Milotic, but on offensive sets, Hydro Pump is preferred.

Things I want
- A spinner to help Gyarados and Salamence.
- A WishPassing Vaporeon without replacing Milotic. I don’t know what to replace then. This is of course for Gyarados and Salamence
- Bulk, a bulky sweeper.
- A Mixed sweeper/wallbreaker.
- A safer Zapdos counter, my main way to deal with it is Celebi, maybe Salamence if it switches is safely and outspeeds.

What to keep in mind when rating this team
- Do not pretend I am a newbie, I am a serious knowledged competitive battler.
- Serious suggestions only. No gimmicky/novelty sets.
- I won’t replace Milotic, I might change the set if it is good for the team and I like the set for my team. Do not suggest I should replace Milotic, I won’t.

Threat list
How my team deals with the top 5 most overused Pokemon (Smogon Shoddy statistics July 2009).

Scizor
Gyarados sets up on it and walls it, Milotic can come in and OHKO with Hydro Pump, unless Scizor carries a lot of HP and SDef EVs, which isn’t likely, this is OU, not Ubers. Salamence can’t come in on it, but Scizor won’t come in on Salamence safely.

Salamence
There is really no good counter to this beast. My main check is Gyarados, who can beat most Physical variants. Celebi can revenge kill Specsed and Mixed ones (and the odd BandMence) with Hidden Power Ice. Mixed variants can be dealt with with Gyarados after Intimidate when Salamence lost power because of using Draco Meteor. My own Salamence can come in on a predicted Earthquake. Scizor can come in on Outrage and Bullet Punch, but it should stay clear of Fire moves.

Gyarados
My Milotic with Hidden Power Electric and my Gyarados with Stone Edge, thanks to Intimidate. Again, there is no good counter to this beast.

Heatran
Not a big problem. Celebi revenge kills with Earth Power, Gyarados and Milotic come in and OHKO with STAB+item boost Waterfall/Hydro Pump. It can’t come in on Salamence with Hydro Pump.

Metagross
Most of them are leads, getting Taunted by Azelf. Gyarados and Milotic can come in on Meteor Mash (and Earthquake in Gyarados’ case), hitting it with powerful moves. Celebi can use Earth Power. Salamence hits it with Fire Blast. Earth Power from Celebi hits it hard.

Please rate my team and only rate if you have knowledge about competitive DPP OU. I did my best making this team (testing, thinking it up and so on), so the raters should do their best too. I put a lot of effort in this team

Last edited:

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Since I'm not on long, it'll have to be a quickie:

Azelf is Azelf.

Celebi is good however it won't function as a final Pokemon if it has to use Leaf Storm.

Milotic might wanna swap Specs for Scarf, as base 81 isn't that respectable, considering the size of the base 100.

A lot of choice items here, be wary of switching into a trap.

Since I'm not on long, it'll have to be a quickie:

Azelf is Azelf.

Celebi is good however it won't function as a final Pokemon if it has to use Leaf Storm.

Milotic might wanna swap Specs for Scarf, as base 81 isn't that respectable, considering the size of the base 100.

A lot of choice items here, be wary of switching into a trap.

CELEBI
I will replace Leaf Storm for Energy Ball, but now it is better in midgame if I need it.

MILOTIC
I used ScarfTic a lot (Timid to outspeed base 130s with max speed, lacks power) in my life and this team will use SpecsTic.

CHOICE
Celebi usually Tricks its Scarf away. I could use Life Orb for Milotic but that lacks the power of STAB Specs Hydro Pump.

Last edited:

TAB THE ALTARIA

ALTARIA **** YEAH
What a terrible team. I'm going to have to assume that either you're an incredibly good battler or you've been against incredibly bad opponents to have gone 52-8 with this.

What exactly does Scarf Celebi have going for it? Modest means that it is too slow to revenge most of the pokemon that you'd expect a base 100 Scarfer to revenge kill, its mediocre offensive movepool, combined with your terrible move choices (Energy Ball? Really?), and its pretty shitty typing means that it's a sub-par choice at best.

LO Gyara is horribly out of place here. You're pretty much incapable of dealing with most of the common Gyara counters, hell, defensive Celebi and CB Scizor alone can beat 5/6 of your team, you're pretty much screwed if they happen to be carrying a bulky water like Cune/Vaporeon too. All LO Gyara is doing for you is ensuring that your only check to probably the most popular sweeper in DPP is going to be too weak to counter a well played Lucario, and that your best chance of sweeping a decent team is gone.

Scizor is your only steel. And you're giving it a Life Orb. Do you honestly think that's wise, especially when Latias single handedly destroys your entire team already? Outside of Tricking and hoping your opponent falls for it, how do you deal with Latias? It comes in quite happily against several members of your team, and you can do absolutely nothing to stop it. Atleast use a CB Scizor with Pursuit so you can actually deal with it.

SpecsMence, is there really any reason to be using it here? You're hurt enough by Stealth Rocks already, you already have a Specs user, and despite the fact that you lose to any half decent stall team easily, you decide to use SpecsMence over MixMence for the "suprise factor". What suprise factor? MixMence is the most popular and dangerous Mence set, and its checked by the same pokemon that check SpecsMence. Use a MixMence so you atleast stand a chance against stall.

I'm not even going to bother getting started on Milotic, as I know it's a lost cause.

All that aside, you're horrible weak to so many common pokemon. As people have already said, Zapdos is going to beat you pretty easily. DDTar is going to tear through your team easily (atleast with Leaf Storm you'd have a chance, but you're using Pursuit bait Celebi anyway), etc etc.

Serebii might be a bit easier to get into than Smogon, but really? This is your "perfect OU team"? What a joke.

Last edited:

MajorGambit

Since you're running modest on Celebi, you don't have a good answer to New MixMence after he DDs.

The way you're playing Milotic she is so outclassed by Porygon Z, who is faster and packs a much stronger Satk, which can also be increased by Download.

You might want to consider U-turn over Xscissors so that Magnezone does not trap you.

What's the point on Psychic on Leadzelf? Its stab and so, but it does not have good coverage against common leads. You should run Fire Blast and a mixed nature or Fire Punch and a Jolly nature, so you can take care of Zong, Gross, Mamo.

Note that you Mence has 2 moves with not very trustable accurancy. Your sweep possibility will be hindered by that. Might you consider flamethrower?

I see a SpecsTeon giving you a lot of trouble. Signal Beam takes Celebi. Tbolt for Milotic and Gyra. Hp: Ice for Mence. Tbolt you dent Scizor a LOT, if it does not KO.

Edit: You said Celebi can revenge kill Mence. It cannot. New MixMence runs a Naive nature with Max speed EVS.

Last edited:

Sebonzakura

moved to smogon
Since you run 252 Atk EVs on Azelf replace psychic with zen headbutt.Zen Headbutt will do more damage and OHKO Infernape always.

On Scizor change the set to CB and take 4 EVs from Special Defence and put them to speed so you tie with 4 Spe Vaporeon.Besides you dont outspeed the common 8 spe Scizor.

On Celebi replace energy ball with Grass knot.Grass Knot has more power in OU because the pokes are heavier.Also change nature to timid so you outspeed more.Anyway I dont think Celebi is the best revenge killer.

I believe that timid SpecsMence is better.You lose power but you get more speed which is important, to outspeed more pokemons.100 Base speed isnt but bad but it is not good especially in a very fast tier.I think Latias pretty much outclasses this set.Although Salamence posseses the element of surprise I dont think it will work very well.Consider Mixmence as it help you break stall easier.

Specs Milotic is not a good idea since Alakazam and other pokes outclass her but if you really want to keep her no problem.I suggest though changing the set to rest-sleep talk-surf-ice beam.Rest activates marvel scale and provides a good recovery move with speep talk.

Hope I helped.Good luck.

EDIT:beaten by Altaria and Major Gambit.

Last edited:

Lucario_Guy

Diety of Technology
What a terrible team. I'm going to have to assume that either you're an incredibly good battler or you've been against incredibly bad opponents to have gone 52-8 with this.

What exactly does Scarf Celebi have going for it? Modest means that it is too slow to revenge most of the pokemon that you'd expect a base 100 Scarfer to revenge kill, its mediocre offensive movepool, combined with your terrible move choices (Energy Ball? Really?), and its pretty shitty typing means that it's a sub-par choice at best.

LO Gyara is horribly out of place here. You're pretty much incapable of dealing with most of the common Gyara counters, hell, defensive Celebi and CB Scizor alone can beat 5/6 of your team, you're pretty much screwed if they happen to be carrying a bulky water like Cune/Vaporeon too. All LO Gyara is doing for you is ensuring that your only check to probably the most popular sweeper in DPP is going to be too weak to counter a well played Lucario, and that your best chance of sweeping a decent team is gone.

Scizor is your only steel. And you're giving it a Life Orb. Do you honestly think that's wise, especially when Latias single handedly destroys your entire team already? Outside of Tricking and hoping your opponent falls for it, how do you deal with Latias? It comes in quite happily against several members of your team, and you can do absolutely nothing to stop it. Atleast use a CB Scizor with Pursuit so you can actually deal with it.

SpecsMence, is there really any reason to be using it here? You're hurt enough by Stealth Rocks already, you already have a Specs user, and despite the fact that you lose to any half decent stall team easily, you decide to use SpecsMence over MixMence for the "suprise factor". What suprise factor? MixMence is the most popular and dangerous Mence set, and its checked by the same pokemon that check SpecsMence. Use a MixMence so you atleast stand a chance against stall.

I'm not even going to bother getting started on Milotic, as I know it's a lost cause.

All that aside, you're horrible weak to so many common pokemon. As people have already said, Zapdos is going to beat you pretty easily. DDTar is going to tear through your team easily (atleast with Leaf Storm you'd have a chance, but you're using Pursuit bait Celebi anyway), etc etc.

Serebii might be a bit easier to get into than Smogon, but really? This is your "perfect OU team"? What a joke.

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

@ALTARIA: Seriously? You're not going to help the OP out? Oh, sure, you posted in his RMT, but did you even once give him a good suggestion or helpful insight? No. You just spewed loads of redundant information at him and trolled the hell out of his team. And he never said the team was perfect. If he thought it was perfect, he wouldn't be posting it in RMT. Now, unlike you, I'm going to at least give some good suggestions to the OP.

@OP: Consider Grass Knot over Energy Ball on Celebi, for greater power vs heavy Pokemon, like Hippowdon and Tyranitar. That's about as much as I can suggest for your team right now. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
If I am good or the opponents suck: I battled some good and some bad opponents. Anyways, I revamped my team. Here is it.

Important changes
- Pure Physical Fire Punch Azelf
- Latias>Salamence
- Timid Celebi
- CB Pursuit/U-Turn Scizor
- Special Defensive ToxicStall Milotic

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Dragon Pulse

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Toxic

Things I consider now.
- MixMence>SpecsLatias.
- Hypnosis>Toxic on Milotic.
- Another Scarfer than Celebi (maybe Flygon).

Last edited:

MajorGambit

You should edit the first post. It would be better for people to understand the topic.

Don't run hypnosis. Its acc drop made it suck =/

I won't change the first post, then I have to rewrite the whole RMT. I'd like it if the revamped version gets rated first.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
- Fire Punch
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
- Trick
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Dragon Pulse

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Toxic

Last edited:

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Whao. This thread has been trolled and spamed to the max.

I don't understand why you didn't update the OP, but I'll rate the second one I guess.

All Physical Azelf seems cool, but I think the Fire Punch is going to be too weak to kill Metagross, especially w/ Occa Berry. U-turn might be more useful here.

Scarf Celebi is cool. Leaf Storm or Grass Knot might be better choices over Energy Ball. Timid gives you the Spe you need, so good change.

Love Specs Latias. So nothing to change there.

Life Orb Gyarados is going to die too fast to be helpful in my opinion. SR damage + LO damage + being attacked? I don't like it. Although that's the same thing Salamence puts up with, so I guess it works.

Gyarados @LO/Leftovers
Jolly
252 Atk/168 Spe/88 HP
Same moveset, or Taunt/Substitute over Stone Edge. This outspeeds Jolteon after a DD, and the other set was wasting EV's. Gets a Lefties recovery number too ;)

On Scizor: Why 8 SpD? I think the 8 EV's are supposed to be in Spe, to beat Vaporeon or something.

SpD Milotic is cool. I think Def might be more beneficial, w/ HP: Electric so you can counter Gyarados.

Scarf Flygon can't outspeed +1 Salamence, so I don't recommend it.

There may be more, but I'm tired.

MajorGambit

You should work on your EVs. 252/252 is standard but can be improved. This is not my departament, I actually suck on EVs spread, but someone else might be able to help you on this.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
252's are fine for most things tbh. Jump points/lefties numbers are fairly irrelevant most of the time. Sometimes, you build a specific set with a specific purpose, but for most general sets 252's are fine.

I am able to use other EV spreads than 252/252 spreads, but this team doesn't need them except for Gyarados. I am good at EV spreads, I don't need complicated EVs in this team.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
- Zen Headbutt
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
- Trick
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latias @ Choice Specs
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Dragon Pulse

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/76 Def/168 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Milotic @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Changes I thought about
- Physical Milotic with Hypnosis>Toxic.
- Double Screen on Azelf over Explosion and Zen Headbutt.
- Another revenge killer than Celebi, everybody complains about it, but it works fine to me.

Sebonzakura

moved to smogon
On Milotic try this set:

Milotic@Leftovers
Nature:Calm
EVs:212 HP / 120 Def / 176 SDef
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

I am a Milotic fan too and this is the best set I have tried.At last I remembered the EV spread.212 HP EVs hit max leftovers recovery.176 SpD EVs hit a jump point and the rest are put into Def.Surf for STAB and Ice beam to hit dragons.Although Milotic has a reliable recovery move, rest activates Marvel Scale.Milotic also becomes a reliable status absorber.

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
Milotic deserves a better spread IMO.

Agreeing with this. You don't seem to understand what CRMT at Serebii is, because it isn't what it seems at first glance. PM me if you wish to know more.

While running 4/252/252 spreads is sufficient most of the time against most (bad) opponents, it isn't optimal. You don't always need the extra speed like on Celebi, for example. Celebi needs all the power it can get, and the moves you utilize aren't taking advantage of any attack power to be had. Running Leaf Storm as your main STAB move should improve this situation. In addition, Scizor does better as a revenge killer of DD Mence (who cannot safely switch out either- you have Pursuit if the opponent is a very conservative player, and it will do enough to ensure that Salamence cannot switch in again). Ultimately, this is what you should be looking at for a Scarf Celebi set:

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ev's: 48 HP / 252 SAtk / 208 Spe
-U-Turn
-Leaf Storm
-Earth Power
-Trick / Hidden power of choice

Ideally, this works as your lead as well. Double U-Turn works quite well, especially with Scizor, and U-Turn + Bullet Punch finishes many frail leads. The fast U-Turn ensures that you can get Azelf in to set up SR before its sash is broken, if you find it necessary. Leaf Storm threatens Swampert more than Azelf does while giving you a better attack to deal with DD Gyarados (Leaf Storm does 63% minimum, which will 2HKO with LO damage). Leaf Storm is also more useful when it comes to revenge killing DD Kingdra, who takes over 75%. Other threats, such as Metagross, can be dealt with via Earth Power, which always 2HKO's.

The speed Ev's are just enough to beat +1 Jolly Gyarados. More shouldn't be necessary, seeing as you will always outspeed Electivire (no Electric moves on your team). Even if you choose not to put this in the lead position, it will fare much better than your original set.

On Azelf, Zen Headbutt doesn't help you deal with common leads nearly as much as Fire Blast would. In addition, Fire Blast or a weaker Explosion should cover the threats that you would face sufficiently as a lead. You can't explode through Heatran, regardless of your attack investment, and if you do Zen Headbutt + Explosion, you allow him to set up without setting up Rocks yourself, which is a very deadly move. CB Scizor is extremely deadly, since your only U-Turn resist is weak to Stealth Rock, and you have no way of ensuring that bulky leads stopped by Taunt will not simply set up SR after Azelf is gone.

Pursuit users and Scarf Rotom, can cause havoc. Scarf Rotom comes in on anything Celebi, Gyarados, or Scizor does and hits the switch-in hard with either Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt. It switches into Trick quite easily, and Choice Specs actually benefits it. Nothing gets in for free on CB Tyranitar, not even Scizor, since it is your only reliable answer to his Dark-type STAB.

As much as it would ruin the originality of this team, the best way to solve this issue is to run Sub Heatran over Milotic. This would give you a better switch-in to Dark moves and Rotom / Gengar in general.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ev's: 244 Hp / 32 SAtk / 156 SDef / 76 Spe
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse

This could be considered a Pokemon that changes the pace of the game, much like your Milotic. With a special defense bias, it takes hits from above threats sufficiently while making it a good switch-in to Draco Meteors (from Mixmence), albeit its inability to take Mixmence on directly. Substitute allows you to set up on Pursuit and deal with the switch-in properly. Toxic wears down the bulky water switch-ins while Substitute protects Heatran from harm. Fire Blast is a general STAB move that hits Gengar for an OHKO every time and is an immediate threat every time it comes in. Dragon Pulse, along with Substitute, work together to eliminate the Dragons that come in on what percieve as a (choiced) Earth Power. Its coverage is also respectable, being able to hit everything bar Heatran for neutral damage.

As for the Ev's, they are important for fulfilling this purpose. The Hp Ev's gives a leftovers point. Enough SAtk is used to OHKO Salamence with Dragon Pulse after LO and SR damage. The speed investment is to beat no speed Cresselia (who would otherwise be able to Thunder Wave you), and the excess, placed in SDef, gives enough SDef to survive LO Focus Blast from Gengar after SR.

Originality is not always about using UU's. Originality can be found when using standard Pokemon tailored to fit your teams needs. Either way, the supposed factor of surprise that can yield an advantage works in the situation.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
I won't change the first post, then I have to rewrite the whole RMT. I'd like it if the revamped version gets rated first.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
- Fire Punch
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
- Trick
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Dragon Pulse / Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt is there to KO Empoleon and hit Gyarados harder. But if its an Agility SubPetaya Empoleon, you won't have a problem with Trick, especially 1-on-1.

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Ice Fang
- Waterfall

Ground+Ice+Water gets better coverage, although if you want to hit other Gyarados harder, use Stone Edge.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Toxic

You might wanna try a Bold nature on this one.

Comments in BOLD.

@ TAB THE ALTARIA: Troll. If you don't have anything good to suggest, don't bother to post. That +1 post count maybe tempting, but you can put it to better use somewhere else, not to troll. Fail.

Freakshow

Jibaku
@ TAB THE ALTARIA: Troll. If you don't have anything good to suggest, don't bother to post. That +1 post count maybe tempting, but you can put it to better use somewhere else, not to troll. Fail.
Shut it

I'm not here to add anything new, but I'm here to clarify something
Tab's post may seem very flamish, but in reality it contains a lot of valuable information that some people are too ignorant to notice. In there
- He lists the team's weaknesses, which are all true
- Questioned the wiseness of Life Orb Scizor as the only Dragon resist in the team
- He suggested what appears to be and is a superior Salamence set
- Pointed out that the team has terrible move choices.

And perhaps more if you look at it closely. The two people in this thread who called tab a troller is ironically NOT giving any good advice to the OP at all.

Thank you
- Jibaku

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
@Freakshow i agree, but did Tab honestly have to flame so much? Besides he pointed out weaknesses but gave no suggestions on how it could be fixed.

Your team is completely annihilated by Tyranitar +1 Stone Edge OHKO's-2HKO's almost everything on your team, Celebi and Latias are promptly met by a Crunch to the face, all you can hope is to trick onto it, but if it has CB that means either your celebi or your Latias are Crippled. Celebi can revenge kill it with Grass Knot, but when confronted by Celebi Tar should just switch (unless it's DD). so it come in on practically all of your team and be guaranteed a KO. Swampert>Azelf should help with this, since Swampy still gives you SR support as well as a Tar counter. Scarfrachi is also an option as a check to Tar, but any more choice pokemon on this team is just ridiculous.

Celebi is better off using leaf storm, since it's not likely to be able to use two attacks in a row so leaf storms negative effect won't matter.

I'll rate more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.