• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mimikyu's Disguise (981)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mimikyu's Disguise

After another unsuccessful attempt to defeat Ash, Team Rocket are blasted off again. However, for the first time since they arrived in Alola, Bewear didn't protect them, causing Jessie and Mimikyu to end up in the shopping mall, causing Mimikyu's disguise to tear. With Mimikyu's true nature bringing terrible consequences, Jessie tries to provide alternatives, but Mimikyu is opposed. How will Jessie help Mimikyu?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I swear Mimikyu's true form came out for a second and then it switched to Meowth dying. Perhaps the next time Mimikyu gets really pissed it will come out again.

Also what was the reason Continental Crush finally worked?? I think the Professor mentioned something about using it during Dusk or something??

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I thought this episode was kind of boring tbh. It wasn't bad, but just wasn't really interesting. So it seems Lycanroc struggled to get the hang of mastering Continental Crush and it was Kiawe that sent TRio packing. Kind of funny how they're so used to being carried by Bewear that they were shocked it wasn't there when they were blasting off.

After that, it's just some Jessie and Mimikyu shenanigans in the mall and repitive theft of Malasadas by Murkrow. It was pretty nice to see Jessie fighting the Murkrow off to get Mimikyu's rag back. So towards the end, Lycanroc does seem to master Continental Crush. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be one of those issues that needs a long arc. And speaking of Lycanroc, as what some people 'feared' (though I don't), looks like it's like most evolved Pokémon : it seems quite serious and stoic.

Anyway, I give this episode 4.5/10. It wasn't a bad episode, just quite boring and dull that didn't excite me much.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Rather than the Jessie-Mimikyu focus part, I really liked that Dusk Lycanroc was shown off quite a bit in this episode. It had issues mastering Continental Crush but it managed to do it in the end. I get a feeling that Ash will train more with Dusk Lycanroc in the upcoming episodes.

The Jessie-Mimikyu focus part was also good, Jessie showed a lot of selflessness, maybe this will make Mimikyu more obedient in the future.

7.5/10.

DatsRight

I And speaking of Lycanroc, as what some people 'feared' (though I don't), looks like it's like most evolved Pokémon : it seems quite serious and stoic.

Oh greeeaaaat. And that'll fit in so well in this series too. You were nice while you lasted, Rockruff, enjoy the other three quarters of the series as a buzzkill.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I thought this episode was kind of boring tbh. It wasn't bad, but just wasn't really interesting. So it seems Lycanroc struggled to get the hang of mastering Continental Crush and it was Kiawe that sent TRio packing. Kind of funny how they're so used to being carried by Bewear that they were shocked it wasn't there when they were blasting off.

After that, it's just some Jessie and Mimikyu shenanigans in the mall and repitive theft of Malasadas by Murkrow. It was pretty nice to see Jessie fighting the Murkrow off to get Mimikyu's rag back. So towards the end, Lycanroc does seem to master Continental Crush. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be one of those issues that needs a long arc. And speaking of Lycanroc, as what some people 'feared' (though I don't), looks like it's like most evolved Pokémon : it seems quite serious and stoic.

Anyway, I give this episode 4.5/10. It wasn't a bad episode, just quite boring and dull that didn't excite me much.

Ya, totally serious when it was throwing a tantrum after failing to use Continental Crush lol.

Janovy

Banned
Oh greeeaaaat. And that'll fit in so well in this series too. You were nice while you lasted, Rockruff, enjoy the other three quarters of the series as a buzzkill.
Why did you read one comment from a SM naysayer and believe them?

Watch the episode for yourself.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Why did you read one comment from a SM naysayer and believe them?

Watch the episode for yourself.

Yeah way to call me a SM naysayer eventhough I've praised the series for some things it does well time and again. And besides, I wasn't even criticising Lycanroc, I was just basing it on what I saw. Compared to Rockruff's tendency to be puppy like and childish, Lycanroc seems more reserved. But by no means am I hating on the Pokémon or the series as what you may like to accuse me off.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yeah way to call me a SM naysayer eventhough I've praised the series for some things it does well time and again. And besides, I wasn't even criticising Lycanroc, I was just basing it on what I saw. Compared to Rockruff's tendency to be puppy like and childish, Lycanroc seems more reserved. But by no means am I hating on the Pokémon or the series as what you may like to accuse me off.

Was I the only one who saw Lycanroc throw a tantrum today lol??

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Was I the only one who saw Lycanroc throw a tantrum today lol??

Yes it did after using Rock Throw on Turtonator and was showing frustration, but when I mean serious, I'm referring more to the point that it's quite different from Rockruff's affectionate personality.

p96822

Evolve me please
Really if this wasn't a Mimikyu episode then we could have seen Lycanroc personally. But this is not a Lycanroc episode isn't.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yes it did after using Rock Throw on Turtonator and was showing frustration, but when I mean serious, I'm referring more to the point that it's quite different from Rockruff's affectionate personality.

Ash's aces actually have a serious and stoic personality. Just look at the previous series.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

It was still affectionate when it was being pet by the Prof. and it smiled and stuff when Ash was talking to him. It's not like he has permanent grumpy cat face now or something lol.

Sulfurian

I mean in the scenes that did show Lycanroc it was clearly wagging it's tail like rockruff did. Plus it's supposed to be the "adult" form of rockruff, of course it's going to be more serious in some ways. Plus that didn't seem like a full power rock z move at the end, at least on the other z users
levels. So we may eventually get an episode that Lycanroc feels the urge to wonder off at night with it's midnight eyes, bond with Ash, learn the signature moves of both forms, and "true power awakened" or something like that.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I like how Lycanroc still has a strong desire to battle and be strong. Wish I could have understood most of what they said, because I basically just saw Lycanroc practice a few times and then master it, and not sure why.

Poplio and Steenee's jetski... that's amazing lol and so adorable. I love that kind of shinanigans in SM! TOtally what people would do with pokemon :p

The mimikyu parts were my favorite, Jessie is so fabulous. wish I could have understood that part, but I am really starting to like Mimikyu a lot more now. I love how Jessie just picks it up by the stick to carry it around lol. I swear one day we'll get a new form. I think there will still be another form, or special move by Mimikyu. I was completely expecting some sort of massive curse type move on the murkrow, so I m still holding out hope something like that can happen!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Classmates weren't really that needed but gotta hand it to Popplio and Steenee, that scene was adorable.

Also wanted Mimikyu to start listening but still be bloodthirsty for Pikachu and that's exactly what happened so I'm happy with this.

Lycanroc...it's not as playful as it was before. Having a tantrum was kinda cool. I do hope we see some more playfulness from it. Shaking its tail kinda suggests it's not completely serious which is good to see.

Also that cometh the eleventh hour trope in full force (as has been for quite a lot for every saga).

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm not sure why but Lycanroc wagging its tail in the beginning reminded me of when it was a Rockruff. ;~; It's hilarious seeing the TRio just waiting to get hit by Continental Crush but it's even funnier watching Ash and Kiawe waste their Z moves on them! :p

This was a nice bonding episode for Jessie and Mimikyu... in a way, it paralleled Ash and Pikachu's first meeting. I don't know, the Murkrow reminded me of the Spearow and how they each tried to save the other. It's more comical and mysterious than emotional though. ^^; The jokes were really great in this especially the scene where James and Meowth were panicking since they knew Jessie was going to spend all their money! :p I loved seeing Wobbuffet get emotional and worried over Jessie and Mimikyu's disappearance and him just being there too late. At least he's doing something than just saying his name or standing there motionlessly in the background.

I thought this episode were really nice, I loved the Jessie+Mimikyu scenes as well as the others like the rest of the TRio finding Jessie and Mimikyu and Ash learning more about Lycanroc but I thought it was a Z move overkill. After seeing Continental Crush 3 times already in the same episode, it gets tiring and less impactful. Also, I'm really hoping that Lycanroc is still that little Rockruff we all loved since the beginning on the inside, I don't want it to devolve into a straight battle weapon. I'm relieved that they didn't show Mimikyu's True Form like they spoiled us with Rockruff's evolution in the last episode. I'm really happy to see the TRio again!!!! And Bewear too!! :D