• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mimikyu's Disguise (981)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not really sure what to think of this episode. It shows Ash training his Z-moves, which clarifies that he does indeed train them even if usually off-screen. A training scene once in a while is necessary to remind us that he isn't getting everything for free. I also like what they did with Mimikyu and Jessie. I never expected some "True form" to be revealed, I believe that the rumours of a "revealed" or "true" form of Mimikyu are just bogus, I think the idea of Mimikyu works best if you never know what it really looks like. The "Catch Pikachu in the electric-proof container" plan has been done to death by now. I hope they're not going to keep doing this, one thing I liked about SM was how Team Rocket seemed to have moved past those old repetitive things.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Aww, no new form. Hopefully we get something tomorrow at VGC

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Meh this episode was pretty forgettable. I mean, it was cool to see Dusk Lycanroc and Ash practicing and then being able to use Continental Crush at the end, but that's all I'll probably remember about this. The fact that Mimikyu didn't fully listen to Jessie at the end (when it attacked Pikachu, instead of Lycanroc), seems kind of like a waste. I mean, the speculation was that Mimikyu would fully listen to her by the end of this episode, since they were bonding, and it didn't 100% turn out that way. However, like dman_dustin said, Mimikyu may always be like this. In a way, that does give Mimikyu character/personality, so it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it feels like it kind of defeated the purpose of this episode (aside from Ash mastering another Z-Move).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Meh this episode was pretty forgettable. I mean, it was cool to see Dusk Lycanroc and Ash practicing and then being able to use Continental Crush at the end, but that's all I'll probably remember about this. The fact that Mimikyu didn't fully listen to Jessie at the end (when it attacked Pikachu, instead of Lycanroc), seems kind of like a waste. I mean, the speculation was that Mimikyu would fully listen to her by the end of this episode, since they were bonding, and it didn't 100% turn out that way. However, like dman_dustin said, Mimikyu may always be like this. In a way, that does give Mimikyu character/personality, so it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it feels like it kind of defeated the purpose of this episode (aside from Ash mastering another Z-Move).

Sure, but Mimikyu will probably actually obey her when Pikachu isn't around at least.

Opal Pikachu13

This was a good episode despite it showing Ash and Lycanroc Dusk form training to use Continental Crush, with it supposed to be focused more on Jessie and Mimikyu, considering the title (not to mention that we seen Continental Crush dozens of times due to Gladion and Olivia using it with their Lycanrocs). They did get some bonding in though, and nope, no "True form" for Mimikyu. When Pikachu isn't involved, it seems to want to obey Jessie and trust her more now, especially after she fixed it's cloth and her realizing that its cloth is important to it. They probably could have beat Ash and Lycanroc if Mimikyu didn't focus on Pikachu.

DatsRight

Finally watched this episode and was pretty fond of it. Definitely gave some development to Mimikyu, loved it showing some expression for a change (even the nightmarish Mimikyu fears Jessie's fashion sense XD). Also love seeing Jessie's softer side reemerge again, reminding us that she still cares about her Pokemon, even a particularly difficult one like Mimikyu.

Love some of the banter with Meowth and James too, especially when they put together 'Jessie' + 'shopping mall' = 'bye bye, funds'. XD

One minor detail that seems to be foreshadowing, just as Mimikyu is about to trash the bouncy Pikachu, it sees the kids playing and adoring it, leaving it wistfully glancing at it's Pikachu costume. Maybe this one does just want to be loved after all.

The little mini plot with Lycanroc mastering Continental Crush was small but fun enough, loved seeing Ash having some hurdles with the Z Moves as well as Lycanroc showing a bit of expressiveness. Still miss Rockruff, but Lycanroc may grow on me as a character.

If there's one complaint it's that this episode makes it even more obvious how idiocy-reliant the TR battles tend to be, with it taking till Ash is out of action for Kaiwe to decide to step in and easily take out the TRio. Granted by the second face-off it's played more like a playful spar off, suggesting they just don't take TR all that seriously.

For their lack of focus this series, TR are getting some great limelight episodes this series.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Guys, I'm sorry. I tried. I really did. But I just cannot get my stupid brain to remember that Mimikyu's rag is NOT part of it's actual body. >_< No matter how many times I look at the broken rag in this episode, I can't get the feeling out of me that I'm seeing ripped flesh. :(

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Obligatory TR/Jessie episode

Pros:

* Lol wtf they blasted off into a mall?

* Brown bag Mimikyu

Cons:

* Is there really a need to use a frickin Z-move to blast off TR?

* Rather underwhelming follow-up episode to Orangeroc's evolution

* Continental Crush got mastered fairly quickly

Thoughts:

* So, will they explain that Mimikyu body and why it causes psychedelic comas for Meowth?

* Um, did I just hear Ash say "END OF WAR" during the Continental Crush???

Meh episode, though good to see Mimikyu get some focus.

3/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 7.5/3/5.5/3/5/4/5.5/6/7.5/8
Average of episodes 21-30: 4.65/10
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
James Carter Cathcart and Michele Knotz must have been so thankful to finally get a TR focus episode after such a long siesta. I think it was nice, too. It's most ideal to keep TR out of places and episodes they don't belong, and only have them show up when they matter. This is one case I was wishing Ash and friends would have less screentime than they did. Their scenes seemed like the interruption this time.

It's weird hearing the XY version of the Fashion Theme in this saga (it has an accordion section in it, but its SM form has a steel drum where the accordion was), but I suppose it was used because Jessie was shopping for an outfit for Mimikyu to wear. That's a logic I can agree with. Plus, after last week's tease, it's good to have all dub music without any unwelcome interruption from the JP music.

Yeah, yeah, Meowth's death got slightly censored again, it's the end of the world, let's just all Jonestown Koolaid ourselves now over this BLIGHT TO MANKIND. Oh, did I mention this is sarcasm? But anyway, I'm more surprised the thing that would've been a justifiable censoring didn't get censored: the bouncy Pikachu house's memetastically vaginal entrance.

(Oh, and before anyone asks how I know the censorship happened even though I don't watch the JP episodes anymore, a friend of mine filled me in.)

This episode was very nice. I didn't think it would be better than last week's, but it was.

DatsRight

James Carter Cathcart and Michele Knotz must have been so thankful to finally get a TR focus episode after such a long siesta. I think it was nice, too. It's most ideal to keep TR out of places and episodes they don't belong, and only have them show up when they matter. This is one case I was wishing Ash and friends would have less screentime than they did. Their scenes seemed like the interruption this time.

The irony, the twerps are butting into the Team Rocket's beeswax. Still it was good to see Ash having to train and work out the bugs in a Z Move for a change.

The trick is that TR limelight episodes have nearly always been good, SM is just diluting things mostly to the best and taking out a lot of the excess (though they do hijack Mallow's episode next week).

Plus, after last week's tease, it's good to have all dub music without any unwelcome interruption from the JP music.

It was nice knowing you, man...

Wait, so not even the TR motto theme kept?

Yeah, yeah, Meowth's death got slightly censored again, it's the end of the world, let's just all Jonestown Koolaid ourselves now over this BLIGHT TO MANKIND. Oh, did I mention this is sarcasm? But anyway, I'm more surprised the thing that would've been a justifiable censoring didn't get censored: the bouncy Pikachu house's memetastically vaginal entrance.

I still don't get why they're so finicky about this though. Most Western shows have tons of black comedy these days.

And hey they dubbed a whole episode Ash's ghost left his 'corpse'.

Ah I heard Dawn's voice! Episode made!

Dawn's English VA still sticks around to voice Giovanni's secretary (aka. Jessie's nemesis).

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Wait where? I know they typically reuse VA like for example Iris' voice was also' Aria's and Lyra's from XY and DP

She only had 1 line. She was one of the shop assistants when Jessie was shopping for the dress.

In all seriousness, a decent episode, not matter how annoying TRio are sometimes, their focus episodes are always great.

Also its nice they've edited the ending theme like in Japan, they've removed Rockruff and added Lycanroc.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode for Team Rocket. There isn't much that really happened here, only that the bonding between Mimikyu and Jessie improved and Dusk Lycanroc mastering Continental Crush. Besides these two major points, the episode overall felt forgettable.

Also its nice they've edited the ending theme like in Japan, they've removed Rockruff and added Lycanroc.
The change was started from last Saturday.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Team Rocket are back after a long unnecessary terrible absence, never again please. I'd take them over certain classmates any day, can never go more than one episode without certain ones....
Kiawe, the best classmate is the only one that actually does anything useful here.

Overall a great episode, Team Rocket need more focus episodes. We haven't gotten a James one since very early and a Meowth since BW. And they really need to use Mareanie more in episodes.
10/10 like every other TRio episode, apart from the one the Stu hijacked

Still disappointed they didn't reveal Mimikyu's true form though.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
That completely contradicts the concept of training a Pokemon.

What is Ash supposed to just shrug his shoulders and say "Well better luck next time?" OR as a trainer does he keep trying to get it work until it works?

Argument is not legitimate, its complaining for the sake of complaining. (It however would be more legitimate IF it was successful every single time, but it wasn't, was it?)

I think what people are saying is that the reused footage for the 10-15 seconds of the dance is what gets annoying

This episode was very nice. I didn't think it would be better than last week's, but it was.

Excuse me? Some random scrub episode is better than an episode that included Gladion, Type: Null, all 3 formes of Lycanroc howling together, the debut of a new forme, and one of Ash's Pokémon evolving? What are you on??

Wait, so not even the TR motto theme kept?

TR didn't say their motto in this ep

Team Rocket are back after a long unnecessary terrible absence, never again please. I'd take them over certain classmates any day, can never go more than one episode without certain ones....
Kiawe, the best classmate is the only one that actually does anything useful here.

Overall a great episode, Team Rocket need more focus episodes. We haven't gotten a James one since very early and a Meowth since BW. And they really need to use Mareanie more in episodes.
10/10 like every other TRio episode, apart from the one the Stu hijacked

Still disappointed they didn't reveal Mimikyu's true form though.

XY71

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved the Jessie and Mimikkyu scenes here, even if not much progress happened for them. Satoshi's scenes at the school with his Lugarugan felt kind of pointless however, so I wish that they had been skipped. Nyasu "dying" again made me chuckle, and I'm glad that he had a small boss fantasy moment.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
A decent episode, I guess, except for the fact Lycanroc's training progress relied on off-screen progress and ultimately felt pointless.

Those stitch marks were absorbed into the clothing.

At least Mimikyu listens to Jessie, except when Pikachu is around, which doesn't change the development much since this is literally the Ash & Pikachu show. (It's still pretty conflicting how this Mimikyu feels toward Pikachu in general. It pretty much wants to kill the species to get the love.)

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode solidified Mimikkyu as my favorite Gen VII Pokemon since we got to see a different side of it than usual, and even Musashi seemed different since we got to see her acting like a decent person again which is rare these days. If SM had more episodes like this that focused on trainer and Pokemon interactions, it would've been a much better saga.