• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mindy is a deceitful, trolloping strumpet!

Shiny Magcargo

I went to Snowpoint City and I talked to all the people to see what stuff they would give me. I talked to Mindy and she offered to trade me her Haunter for a Medicham. I didn't have one yet but I assumed it would be easy enough to find because I had fought many Meditites early in the game so I knew that that evolution line was in the Sinnoh Dex. It turned out Medicham was even easier to find than I thought because it was the first pokemon I fought after leaving the city. I caught and came back to her house.

I was super excited to trade Medicham for Haunter because I thought I would be getting two pokedex entries for one pokemon. But no, that lying harlot had other plans. After the trade, Haunter didn't evolve into Gengar and I was perplexed. Then she said, "Oh did Haunter not evolve into a new pokemon? Haha I put an everstone on it to stop it from evolving." Then I screamed at her and put plagues upon her house.

Then I realized that at least I got an everstone which I didn't previously have out of the deal, which will come in handy later when breeding natures so I wasn't completely angry with her.

Catastrophe

Rocketman!!
Why? Even without exposure to any Wi-Fi to exploit the GTS evolving trick, Gengars can be caught in game with any GBA game in the slot. I'm sure that most people here would have at least one GBA game to use.

Nipissing

Cascade Trainer
Why? Even without exposure to any Wi-Fi to exploit the GTS evolving trick, Gengars can be caught in game with any GBA game in the slot. I'm sure that most people here would have at least one GBA game to use.

That's not really the point we're getting here. The point is the initial disappointment that you feel the moment you see your haunter not evolving.
[insert Shakespeare here].

You know. That kind of feeling.

ray2020

peace out!
she said a mediham for a haunter...
give a medicham, get a HAUNTER... not gengar
it was still worth it... gaspar rox at contests!

NES

Flip me to the side!
Hahahaha fun story, Haunter with Everstone hahaha.

Still the deal was for Haunter xD, she is just trying to show you how these pokemon can be traded without evolve (Haunter, Machoke, Graveler, Kadabra).

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Everstone huh? I already knew what to expect, as I have the Japanese and English versions of both, but it left me mad the first time.

light_trainer921

Vatonage Ranger
Now that you said it, I never gonna trade but I'll try anyway.

well hey sh kept her end of the deal and gave u haunter (she did say she would trade you Haunter not gengar) so she was tellin the truth

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I found the trade hilarious. It wasn't too hard to find a Medicham, and I got a Haunter with a cool name out of the deal. I later evolved it via a trade with my brother, and it currently sits in a box, helping me win the lottery. For that sole purpose, all in-game trades are worthwhile. Free ID numbers for the lottery.

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
I wasn't surprised, I bought the guide. :D

Cipher Admin Xaos

Dust to Dust
Heheh. The guide warned me about that.

aquasuicune

Just wondering, does she have the same ID in every game? I don't think she does, but can someone tell me for sure?