• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

mine and my friends sitey ^^

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3

DigitalKaede

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO!
Good site, but don't make the text so LARGE. And make the font's color on some pages dark so we can read it.

N

nutter

Hi,

Nice job.

A couple of things I would suggest you do to improve usability, though, would be to give the main content table a white background, and reduce the text size a little bit, so as not to take up quite so much page space.

Kind regards,
James

Dragonfree

Just me
@_@

...PLEASE do not make the text so horrendously big. Or the colors so eye-hurting... keep all the text something simple, the same color on the same type of background. And by the way, I made that Cubone without its skull sprite you've got there, and I'm not seeing any credit. And don't direct link from Mew's Hangout...

Oh, and do not, ever, use random scripts that have nothing to do with anything such as that cursor-trailing clock and balloons on the News page. It just slows it down.

S

smiley.

There are loads of serebiiforums avatars direct linked on your site. Can't you host them?
And I agree with everything Dragonfree just said.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Your Site said:
If you want to use these images for you site then you HAVE to say that you got it from www.freewebs.com/charizardstarr/ or www.charizardstarr.bravehost.com This is a rule here as it is on other sites, if you do this more than three times we may report you and your site will be suspended or deleted.

Isn't that QUITE hypocritical of you? Not only did you steal SPP and PE2K's images without giving credit, you directly linked them! You know how bad that is for their bandwidth? >>

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
I did not steal any images >< my friend drew the cubone! she never vist this place so how could she steal it? We draw our own images, so we dont steal. I'll tell her to take done that halloween pikachu thing on the home page. we did not direct link! We will change the text size.

ArteMagica

Love. Honor. Truth
Well I am sorry to but in into this conversation but I have something to say about your site.

You probably don't know what direct linking is because you've done it several times on your site(even if you say you haven't).
Direct Linking:That's when you right click on an image then copy and paste the url given within the image.Here's an example of how you direct linked:
charizard-red.png

Compared to this image
charizard-red.png

As you can see the urls are excatly the same.The only way you won't direct link is if you right click on the image->click save picture as->give the file a name->and upload it with your own image host like imageshack.
Stealing:Stealing is when you use something(or in your case images)and don't give credit.As I can see the Charizard image I showed earlier in the post is Serebii's avatar used here.

I know you say that your friend hasn't been here but the urls of the image are so identical and the image is the same as well.I don't see how you can make the image with the same pixels,and pose.

I see that you also used Mew's Hangout's images.If you don't want to steal them just link back to the sites you used the images from.

I am only stating the truth which is on your site.If your friend steal and the owners of what your friend stole find out.They could contact freewebs and bravenet saying that your friends site stole then the site's hosters could delete your friends site.

I know that you are planning on taking of the halloween pika pic but that is not the only thing you direct linked.

I thank you for trying to put the text in a recent size.

Last edited:

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
SugarFairy said:
I did not steal any images >< my friend drew the cubone! she never vist this place so how could she steal it? We draw our own images, so we dont steal. I'll tell her to take done that halloween pikachu thing on the home page. we did not direct link! We will change the text size.
I meant the ones on the other pages. >>

Seriously, that is terribly bad for their bandwidth. If you're going to steal and not give credit you could at least host them somewhere else.

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
i thought you were talking about the drawn images >< i'll take the images that was directed/not given credit pictures. ><;;

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
SugarFairy said:
i thought you were talking about the drawn images >< i'll take the images that was directed/not given credit pictures. ><;;
You still have the PE2K 'Zards. Hope you undirect them soon. >>

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
The pokemon sprites, do i take them down too? Their firered or ruby charizard sprites. is that ok to leave up? I took down the directed links. after i take those stuff down and make the home page text smaller, is the site ok?
Here is what my friend wanted me to post for her ^^;;: (my name in the site is kirby)

sorry me and Kirby san are beginners, we diddnt know about direct linking, and we removed all the images that were direct linked off of the site..i promise we will be more careful with that^^ thank you for telling us! Im sorry about the image page rules.. I just dount want to go through the trouble of having to deal with the person , if they ever stole my images, ^^" i did work verry hard on them.. even though the computer drawn pics are a little bad.. And i did not steal the Cubone pose or image.... I just
sat down and drew it, im sorry if you still think i stole it, but i did not. im really am shure its just a couinsidence XD I promise I diddnt steal it! We are redoing the site, to save bandwidth (back then i had no clue what bandwidh was XD) taking off the directed linked images.. saving space and rediong the text....
Ill get this cleaned up! Fyrecat

Last edited:

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
You still don't get it. It's more the problem you're direct linking (First image I saw is still a direct linked Charizard, host it on Photobucket or Imageshack) rather than stealing.

But anyway, at least you're beginning to understand. I'll give you that.

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
I took done all those images, does the Pokemon sprites from ruby/sapphire/fire red/leaf green/gold/silver/crystle/yellow/green/red/blue need to have credit? Because I'm always finding websites that have these sprites on their site and give no credit.

Dragonfree

Just me
-_- You obviously DID steal the Cubone. How do I know? Because it's DIRECT LINKED FROM MY SERVER. Or well, was. It looks like you removed it. But if I catch you using it again...

You know what direct linking is? You're direct linking if you take an image somewhere online, right-click it, copy the URL from Properties, and use that to insert the image to your own site. You should save them and upload them on your site or a Photobucket account, etc. The thing is that direct linking from another site can slow them down, or even, in the worst case, make the site go down. That is not good.

You can go ahead and use the official Pokémon sprites - but not direct linked.

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
Ok, I'm sorry about the Cubone, I thought you ment the one fyre cat drew. I didn't know it was the sprite. Sorry about that.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Not that this is out of the - HANG ON! ANOTHER DIRECT LINKED CHARIZARD SPRITE. Host it yourself. >> PE2K isn't going to like that...
The Walkthrough for RB needs to have breaks in it, btw. Otherwise it makes it quite hard to read.

Otherwise, I think you're getting the hang of it. Just need to get better. I love the banner too.