• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Minior and Poipole: A Promise that Got Lost in the Starry Skies! (1022)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The fact that it was blatantly reused animation from episode 28 didn't help matters either. Like, seriously, did they just go over budget and decide to reuse a scene instead of drawing a new one or something? It was just so random.
That happens in Pokémon sometimes but usually I don’t see that happening often in SM episodes. Either it’s for budget reasons or the producers time-cutted because they felt that they couldn’t get the episode done on schedule.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The fact that it was blatantly reused animation from episode 28 didn't help matters either. Like, seriously, did they just go over budget and decide to reuse a scene instead of drawing a new one or something? It was just so random.

My best guess is that they were simply trying to call back to the baseball episode. Can't say I appreciate the callback, as that was one of my least favorite Pokémon episodes of all time, but I don't blame the writers either. They needed games for the cast to play, and they had already established that they play baseball, so might as well use it, and call back to that episode.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I didn't even realize.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine and a bit saddening episode. This episode's intent was about how Minior lives in their life-cycle. Seeing Molayne, Rayquaza cameo, a bit of baseball, and bits of here and there were fine.

Poipole, you gotta accept that nothing good can last forever.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's finally out in Dutch. I still love this episode. The Minior are beautiful in the way they're glowing as they ascend into the sky. I also love Molayne here and how he's portrayed. It's so subtle, but wonderfully done in how he quickly realises the similarities between what happened here and what happened a long time ago. And he remembers that it upset Sophocles back then, causing him to ask Kukui how much he actually wants the kids to learn about Minior. He never directly answers Sophocles when Sophocles mentions he no longer remembers what happened because he doesn't want to hurt him. Of course he knows that Sophocles will soon find out, but he still doesn't know exactly how to tell him. I also like the friendship between Kukui and Molayne, they're obviously close and on a first-name basis (while I think everybody else except Burnet calls Kukui Professor Kukui). Molayne also only has to ask Kukui how much he wants the kids to learn about Minior and Kukui immediately realises what Molayne is really asking about. Molayne is one of those people that is quiet and thoughtful. He doesn't say much and is often a bit in the background, but he's very considerate and clever, and everything he does say is meaningful. We don't often get characters like this in pokémon.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I like how several episodes have had an "outer space" sort of theme lately. Maybe the next region to be visited could be on a planet besides earth? To boldly go where no pokemon has gone before, even further than Rayquaza.

For a second I was shocked to see Ash wearing what looks like the Uchiha symbol from Naruto but after another glance, I realized it was just a pinball shirt.

I would say that I feel sorry for the meteor pokemon but I am more inclined to consider this to be one of those "circle of life moments".

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Was this a Sophocles episode? Because that Minior was almost completely hogged by Ash, and Sophocles was just there staring from afar, as if wondering "when will I get to grab the Minior, Ash?"

I believe the death count was over a thousand. Whoa-ho, brutal! But again, the anime refuses to outright say "death" and instead uses "disappear."

Hey, look. It's the Rayquaza that Iris is still chasing. I like how everyone got so surprised seeing it and didn't...well...find out the REAL reason they saw Rayquaza flying around the sky. Oh well. Maybe Sophocles doesn't know his Minior friend is muuuuuuuch closer than he thinks. *munches Minior dust*

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Was this a Sophocles episode? Because that Minior was almost completely hogged by Ash, and Sophocles was just there staring from afar, as if wondering "when will I get to grab the Minior, Ash?"

I believe the death count was over a thousand. Whoa-ho, brutal! But again, the anime refuses to outright say "death" and instead uses "disappear."

Hey, look. It's the Rayquaza that Iris is still chasing. I like how everyone got so surprised seeing it and didn't...well...find out the REAL reason they saw Rayquaza flying around the sky. Oh well. Maybe Sophocles doesn't know his Minior friend is muuuuuuuch closer than he thinks. *munches Minior dust*
Ash: Hey Sophocles, take a deep breath
Sophocles: *coughs*
Ash: There, now you have a little bit of a hundred different Minior inside you!
Sophocles: ...That's messed up, man

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Ash: Hey Sophocles, take a deep breath
Sophocles: *coughs*
Ash: There, now you have a little bit of a hundred different Minior inside you!
Sophocles: ...That's messed up, man
He would not take it that calmly he would start running all over the place and freaking out with a high-pitched Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld voice.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I liked seeing Sophocles' cousin in this episode even though it would've been really cool if he had been an E4 member by this point although I get why he wasn't. Sophocles probably should've caught Minior since he really needed a new Pokemon at this point.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Maamane getting Meteno here would've been interesting since he at least had a history with the species, but since it's a Rock/Flying Pokemon and Maamane specializes in Electric-types, I can understand why the writers didn't go down that route.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
There's also the fact that Minior literally dies when out of its shell, and since the anime isn't held down by game mechanics, it's wildly impractical to raise a Minior - if not flat-out impossible

I'm glad that the anime shows that not every pokémon can or should be owned by trainers