• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Minior and Poipole: A Promise that Got Lost in the Starry Skies! (1022)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1022.jpg

Minior and Poipole: A Promise that Got Lost in the Starry Skies!

Heading to Hokulani Observatory, Ash & Co. are on assignment to observe the Pokémon Minior. While there, they befriend one of the Pokémon and learn Sophocles once befriended one but can't really remember it. However, it seems this Minior has a secret...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
How in Arceus name did they dead

According to their Pokedex entry, they die if removed from their shells for too long

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The Moon Pokedex entry say this: "If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It's possible that it may survive if it's put into a Poké Ball quickly enough."
Anyway, the ending was quite sad given how cheerful the whole atmosphere was throughout the episode. I guess people can also stop whining about Ash sucking at baseball too. :p

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Although it wasn't the most impressive episode, at least Poipole got to learn to deal with losing a good friend eventually, like what Sophocles had experienced in his childhood. It was nice to see Rayquaza appear in the end even though Lana spotted the outlandish 'Rayquaza constellation'. RIP all of the Minior.

This explains why the Minior all died soon after they broke out of their shells.
Minior's Moon Pokédex Entry said:
If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It's possible that it may survive if it's put into a Poké Ball quickly enough.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
According to their Pokedex entry, they die if removed from their shells for too long

The Moon Pokedex entry say this: "If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It's possible that it may survive if it's put into a Poké Ball quickly enough."
Anyway, the ending was quite sad given how cheerful the whole atmosphere was throughout the episode. I guess people can also stop whining about Ash sucking at baseball too. :p

I honestly thought that they'll use that as a reason Ash or one of the other classmates would catch one.

p96822

Evolve me please
Man Pokemon has balls to kill Pokemon on Screen.

Also in Alpha Sapphire dex entie of Rayquaza

It flies forever through the ozone layer, consuming meteoroids for sustenance. The many meteoroids in its body provide the energy it needs to Mega Evolve.

and Minor dex entire states

t lives in the ozone layer, where it becomes food for stronger Pokémon. When it tries to run away, it falls to the ground.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Wait, so they all just died in the end? I honestly question how the Minior species survives at all if they die that easily/quickly and seem to do nothing to try to save themselves. Or had this group just reached the end of their lifespan?

Was never a fan of how counter-intuitive that dex entry was to be honest, given Minior's whole battle style involves it being faster and stronger without its shell. Not to mention the implications of trying to enjoy its cute form while knowing its rapidly dying in front of you.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So, while this was boring episode.. I guess this is one of those rare episodes where everything that happens actually stays true to the pokédex and lore of the games. Wow. It deserves some credit for that alone.

Kukui and Molayne's conversation, anybody have a translation of that?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh wow, a mayfly episode. Never expected one of those here.

Wait, so they all just died in the end? I honestly question how the Minior species survives at all if they die that easily/quickly and seem to do nothing to try to save themselves. Or had this group just reached the end of their lifespan?

Well, as long as the particles that make its body up exist in the stratosphere still exist, more can just be born later.

It's not breeding is the only way they can be born.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Minor: Poipole senpai I don't feel so good.
The Miniors were happy when they disappeared though. Like they were saying "Don't cry Poipole, it's our destiny. You will still see us in the future".

Other than the ending, there isn't much going on in the episode. The crew were looking at the sky constellations and the usual slaptick comedies.

DatsRight

I'm....not sure what to make of this episode. It does touch a rather somber depth, but it felt a bit...lacking otherwise. Stoutland's death was more poignant because we spent a fair amount of time with it and knew it's character. We don't actually see a lot of Minior for being the focus, we don't even see it's abilities or personality all that much, a lot of the episode is just more unfocused antics (this is common in SM but it usually blends well with what they're doing), so we don't really get that attached to it before it leaves. Even Poipole's reaction felt a bit underwhelming and too quick.

So yeah, it wasn't BAD, it was different and has a touch of emotion, but it felt lacking.

I hope the observatory and Molayne do get some more screen time, they didn't really get enough focus here.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I thought this was a cute episode. Poipole built a bond with an orange Minior and when it was time for it to die/disappear, all of them was hoping that it wouldn't forget them. I'll need to rewatch this episode with subs to get the full meaning. It was cool meeting Sophocles' cousin and seeing a few flashbacks Sophocles had to experience the same thing happening to him as a younger kid.

I got my fix of seeing the characters playing together after quite a while. It was cute seeing them take turns with the telescope, stargazing, watching Ash chase the girls around, Ash swinging and hitting the ball (thank goodness he hit it this time. It wouldn't have been funny like it was the last 2 times. I just laugh the sheer defeat in Kiawe's reaction! :p), as well as Poipole enjoying it's time with the Minior.

Poipole really is a baby Pokemon. It really needed that hug from Ash and had to understand why Minior slowly disappeared.

I think this is the most terrified we've seen of Ash and Pikachu! :p

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Has to be one of the most pointless episodes I have ever seen in the anime this. Literally what happened out of this episode? Poipole literally got nothing out of this episode, except for a little development about how to deal/cope with the loss of a close/dear one or something of that ilk. Heck, it didn't even use/reveal a single move?!?!?! All it happened was Poipole's funny antics and interactions through the episodes (which BTW I found a bit cute and funny) and the sombre/melancholic mode the episode took at the end, with all the Minor dying and vanishing into glitters in the end(which BTW didn't surprise me that much as I was well aware before of the moon Pokedex entry of Minior).

Anyway, I found this episode to be pretty much a snorefest and pointless, at the very least Poipole should have gotten to do some meaningful here/showed off one of its moves or so. 3/10.

Last edited: