• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Minior and Poipole: A Promise that Got Lost in the Starry Skies! (1022)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't initially think that this episode would end up being emotional, yet it was. Maamane's final scene with Meteno was just so depressing. Satoshi's attempt to cheer up Bebenomu was adorable however, and Rayquaza's cameo was neat, too.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Just watched the Episode with Sub titles.

Started mostly cute, Poipole making friends with Minior.

Then the Dex entry kicks in where Minor dies when it's shell is gone. Poipole made a friend and it is gone in a flash, then Rayquaza showing up to eat the particles the Miniors provided made the sappy music a bit funny to me. (Dragon god got to eat!)
All in all, filler episode that made me feel sappy in the end. 6/10
This series has a death count!

XXD17

Draco rex
I like this episode a lot! To me, this was Bye Bye Butterfree done better (not that Bye Bye Butterfree was bad or anything). The brevity of the time poipole and minior had together was what made it really sad for me. The fact that they actually killed off all those minior ON SCREEN was gutsy for Pokémon! When I saw rayquaza show up, I was praying that it doesn’t somehow bring them back to life or something with some BS on the spot and they didn’t do it! I love the whole “circle of life” thing Alola has going on. I just hope they don’t mess with it in the dub...I have to say that I enjoy Sun and Moon a lot. Sure there are still silly ones like the one last week with xurkitree and blacephalon, but most of it has been really enjoyable, including the fillers.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I liked this episode a lot. I didn't know Minior could glow like that in their core forms, they don't do that in the games. That's really cool.

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
Fact: An episode doesn't need to lead up to anything to be good, what's most important is how it's handled, there's such thing as good filler episodes and bad development episodes. Anyone who complains about Bevenom not getting a new move just tells me they do not even care about the overall plot of an episode, if you actually focused on the episode itself instead of that then you would get connected with it and understand why the Meteno dying is tragic.

That being said, this episode isn't even a filler as we found out something from Mamane's past which adds a new view to the character we already know.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

I guess we got confirmation that Minior is an impossible pokemon to keep. Pretty sad that they just die like that. Nothing like the games. I'm not trying to avoid crying, what are you talking about?!

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Darn you, Pokemon. Why do you have to have these episodes that get me emotional? First SM021 and now this one? Why? My heart can’t handle this anymore.

That aside, this episode overall was alright. I found it to be rather boring, not gonna lie. Last weeks was so much better.

I swear I love Poipole so much. It is seriously adorable. I loved to see that it bonded with Minior and was so brokenhearted when it died off. It was heartbreaking to see all the Minior dying off at the end but Rayquaza showing up was so unexpected. I couldn’t help but wonder what was the point of having it show up but still, it was nice to see it here.

That’s really all I have to say. It wasn’t the best episode I’ve seen but it also wasn’t the worst. I’d take it over the Komala/Jigglypuff episode anyday.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Darn you, Pokemon. Why do you have to have these episodes that get me emotional? First SM021 and now this one? Why? My heart can’t handle this anymore.

That aside, this episode overall was alright. I found it to be rather boring, not gonna lie. Last weeks was so much better.

I swear I love Poipole so much. It is seriously adorable. I loved to see that it bonded with Minior and was so brokenhearted when it died off. It was heartbreaking to see all the Minior dying off at the end but Rayquaza showing up was so unexpected. I couldn’t help but wonder what was the point of having it show up but still, it was nice to see it here.

That’s really all I have to say. It wasn’t the best episode I’ve seen but it also wasn’t the worst. I’d take it over the Komala/Jigglypuff episode anyday.

If you know Rayquaza's diet, him showing up wasn't much but it DOES make sense. He feeds off of meteoroids and particles in the atmosphere. Those Minior turn into those particles, which makes the sad seen a bit concluding with now nature normally works.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Is it just me, or did Molaine look a lot older than he is in the games?
I mean both Molaine and Kukui are supposed to be of around the same age group., but here it looked like Molaine is atleast around 10+ years older than Kukui.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
A very slow episode
Absolutely gorgeous backgrounds and visuals
Poipole makes a friend and there's the usual "spend the day together" montage set to the OP
They bid farewell and watch as thousands of Minior get Thanos'd
And then Rayquaza pops up to feast on the ashes
Poipole is traumatized for life

XXD17

Draco rex
I guess we got confirmation that Minior is an impossible pokemon to keep. Pretty sad that they just die like that. Nothing like the games. I'm not trying to avoid crying, what are you talking about?!

The dex says that if you put it in a pokeball, it won’t die. Why they didn’t do that? I don’t know...kind of glad they didn’t though.

On a side note, one of my favorite scenes was the one where Kukui and Molayne were talking in the morning after the first shower:

Molayne: “Kukui, how much do you want the children to know about minior?”

Kukui: “Everything...they will meet many Pokémon on their future and this is the best way to experience the Pokémon minior,”

I didn’t know why, but it was very powerful for me.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer

I'm not sure if Meteno is supposed to be so unwieldy under normal circumstances in the anime, although part of me was perversely glad that Meteno wasn't captured in this episode since I find their design to be lacking in finesse.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
A cheerful episode with a surprisingly sad ending. Despite SM's overall comedic, cheerful tone, the writers have clearly shown that they are not afraid to deal with serious issues like death and the loss of a friend—first with the Stoutland episode, and now with this one (even though the Stoutland episode had far more emotional impact). I appreciate that the writers actually addressed what happens to Minior when they remain outside of their shells for too long, and on top of that, established a friendship between Poipole and one of the Minior, so the loss was felt even harder.

Otherwise, I have to admit, this episode was not the most interesting. It was cute, but that was pretty much all it had going for it for most of the episode. Probably the highlight for me during the first half of the episode was Molayne's debut.

DatsRight

Is it just me, or did Molaine look a lot older than he is in the games?
I mean both Molaine and Kukui are supposed to be of around the same age group., but here it looked like Molaine is atleast around 10+ years older than Kukui.

I admit I always kinda thought that Molayne was kinda a 20s/30s type due to his computer geek design. It's helped by the fact he seemed more on Sophocles' brainwave in the games, almost like a comical 'big guy little guy' duo, while here he seems noticeably more mature.

I'm still hoping he reappears and gets proper limelight, it would be cool to see their Electrium Z trial get adapted, even if not for the same use.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Maybe poipole having to deal with a friend leaving him is foreshadowing to its eventual departure?

andrewscott48209

Yep, and people are still gonna insist that Ash keep it as a member of his team and throw tantrums when the time comes for it to go home

It's gonna be hilarious

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Ash releasing Poipole. One, it's an ultra beast, so it doesn't have any real business at Professor Oak's lab. It would need to be returned to the place it came from. And two, it's not like Ash to keep any Pokémon against their will, so if it means that Poipole would want to return to where it came from, then Ash will have to let it go. I just wish Ash could use it in the league before he has to release it.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Yep, and people are still gonna insist that Ash keep it as a member of his team and throw tantrums when the time comes for it to go home

It's gonna be hilarious
Which will be kind of ironic, because unlike most of Ash's Pokémon whom he ends up releasing, we were told from the start that Poipole would be a temporary team member. Lusamine's orders to Ash were to keep Poipole in his care only until the Ultra Wormhole through it entered their world was found. No matter how much Poipole loves being with Ash and the others and being in Ash's world, Ash is most likely going to encourage it to return to its own world when the time comes, and it will probably realize its own world is where it belongs. I just hope the writers take advantage of Poipole's bond with Ash and the others to make its departure really emotional.