• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Minior and Poipole: A Promise that Got Lost in the Starry Skies! (1022)

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Yep, and people are still gonna insist that Ash keep it as a member of his team and throw tantrums when the time comes for it to go home

It's gonna be hilarious

It honestly would not surprise me if that happens. Right from the minute Ash caught Poipole, we all knew it would not be a permanent addition to his team since it’s gonna have to go back home at some point so if anyone throws a tantrum over Ash releasing Poipole, I’ll just laugh at them.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Not the first time Ash released a pokemon. (Butterfree, Lapras, Pidgeot, Goodra and Greninja)

As long as Poipole evolves to Naganadel and kick ass, it would make the parting all the more emotional for me!

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
It honestly would not surprise me if that happens. Right from the minute Ash caught Poipole, we all knew it would not be a permanent addition to his team since it’s gonna have to go back home at some point so if anyone throws a tantrum over Ash releasing Poipole, I’ll just laugh at them.
Yeah they might as well have not even let him obtain Poipole, especially considering I am self convinced its just Nebby 2.0

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Yeah they might as well have not even let him obtain Poipole, especially considering I am self convinced its just Nebby 2.0

I wouldn’t say Poipol is Nebby 2.0. Ash never offically caught Nebby, he has caught Poipole though. But I’m certain it’s a situation like Nebby where Ash is going to look after Poipole till the AF locate the wormhole Poipole came out of.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
About the whole Bebenom being released thing: I mean, on one hand that seems the most likely endpoint, but on the other hand... we currently have an opening that's all about Bebenom, heavily pushing the narrative that it was all alone and left its home to find someplace better and that Satoshi and Pikachu were literally the very thing it had been looking for, so in that way I could also see them having it not leave.

...Then again, it clearly reacted to Acerola's story about Necrozma, and it's clearly drawn to light in general, so I guess the most logical way for the story to go here is that Necrozma had consumed all the light in Bebenom's world, and at the end of this arc when Necrozma is inevitably defeated that world goes back to normal and Bebenom can now go home and live happily ever after.

...I mean mostly I just feel that given how clear a narrative the opening puts forth, its probably inevitable departure needs to have a good reason behind it. It shouldn't just be "Oh we found the Ultra Hole it came from, time to send it home."

xEryChan

Demon Child
Oh great, another episode that will pull at your heartstrings. Why do you do this to me, Pokemon? Not cool.

That being said, the episode started out interesting. I was glad to see Molayne here, I really liked him in the games and I hope we see him again. Poipole befriended Minior and they seemed to be really enjoying the time they spent together, they were so cute. Heck, Poipole is seriously adorable. It is going to make me sad at the end of the series when Poipole goes back home.

Boy, was everyone wrong when they thought Minior was going to back to space. That is a very sad life for the Minior. They lose their shell and die off a couple of days later? I felt bad for Poipole, to see its friend die right in front of it. Now that was heartbreaking to watch. My heart broke even more when Poipole started crying and floated down to Ash to tell him what’s going on and Ash just hugs it return. Just goes to show while SM is more laid back and comedy based, they do have these episode that just make you want to cry.

I honestly was not expecting to see Rayquaza this episode and it went from bad to worse when you realized why it was there. I kept wondering what was the point of its appearance then I heard about its PokeDex entry. It was there to feed on the ashes of the Minior. That was harsh but it is a part of life.

Overall, this episode was good and the visuals in this episode were so pretty. It was just so heartbreaking to watch. Decent episode, very emotional.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Of course this is the one episode where the Pokedex isn't exaggerating and you desperately want it to be.

Oh great, another episode that will pull at your heartstrings. Why do you do this to me, Pokemon? Not cool.

That being said, the episode started out interesting. I was glad to see Molayne here, I really liked him in the games and I hope we see him again. Poipole befriended Minior and they seemed to be really enjoying the time they spent together, they were so cute. Heck, Poipole is seriously adorable. It is going to make me sad at the end of the series when Poipole goes back home.

Boy, was everyone wrong when they thought Minior was going to back to space. That is a very sad life for the Minior. They lose their shell and die off a couple of days later? I felt bad for Poipole, to see its friend die right in front of it. Now that was heartbreaking to watch. My heart broke even more when Poipole started crying and floated down to Ash to tell him what’s going on and Ash just hugs it return. Just goes to show while SM is more laid back and comedy based, they do have these episode that just make you want to cry.

I honestly was not expecting to see Rayquaza this episode and it went from bad to worse when you realized why it was there. I kept wondering what was the point of its appearance then I heard about its PokeDex entry. It was there to feed on the ashes of the Minior. That was harsh but it is a part of life.

Overall, this episode was good and the visuals in this episode were so pretty. It was just so heartbreaking to watch. Decent episode, very emotional.

Well, the Pokedex implies that they only die because their core is exposed. If you could somehow find a way for it to repair its shell, it would certainly live longer.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
This one's got an impressive reputation so far as I've heard.

This one's a landmark for the dub as Kate Bristol has officially retired from TPCi, and this is her final episode. The reason is that she's a mother now and had to move back to Texas. She had a great run, and I'll miss her voicework.

Poipole and Minior made for an adorable friendship. And it was great seeing everyone just having some fun. It's good to have a break sometimes.

See? SEE??!! THIS is how to do music properly (not just Pokemon cartoon music; ANY music, even soundtracks that are better than Pokemon): accurately represent what's going on onscreen and fill it with the emotion it needs!! Why doesn't Miyazaki realize that?! Literally EVERY OTHER MUSICIAN ON EARTH does!!!!!

With that out of my system, yes, the soundtrack was amazing. The highlights were the constellation scene, Minior's theme (which has now taken the Tapu Bulu theme's place as the best all season), and the entire ending scene (featuring a very unexpected reuse of the Zygarde fixing everything theme from XYZ to brilliantly tragic effect). Definitely the most emotionally impressive Pokemon moment since M20 just for the amazing soundtrack. All it needed was really soft sounds and sparse instrumentation to make for a truly memorable moment. Kudos, Mr. Goldfarb! Kudos!!

This was a very nice episode, totally deserving of its reputation as a SM saga highlight.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well... that was dark...

You know what makes things even darker? Rayquaza was probably there to feed on the remains of those Minior, as several of its Pokédex descriptions mention that it feeds on atmospheric particles. So, there you have it. We just saw our first example of Pokémon predation.

keepitsimple

site of lies
ee? SEE??!! THIS is how to do music properly (not just Pokemon cartoon music; ANY music, even soundtracks that are better than Pokemon): accurately represent what's going on onscreen and fill it with the emotion it needs!! Why doesn't Miyazaki realize that?! Literally EVERY OTHER MUSICIAN ON EARTH does!!!!!
why are you such a hateful little thing lol. your intense anger concerns me, i think you're a future criminal

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Molayne and the Hokulani Observatory!

Ash got his eye poked by the Minior!

How did they get the heavy Minior back to the lab?

Nothing really happened in the middle part of this episode.. what was the point of randomly sledding down a grass hill and of baseball??

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Nothing really happened in the middle part of this episode.. what was the point of randomly sledding down a grass hill and of baseball??

It was to show their developing friendship with Minior, to make its "death sequence" more meaningful.

Normally, I'd be the first to complain about random, "pointless" stuff like that, but in this case I thought it worked really well for the episode. Without it, it would have been hard to feel the emotion of the final scene.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It was to show their developing friendship with Minior, to make its "death sequence" more meaningful.

Normally, I'd be the first to complain about random, "pointless" stuff like that, but in this case I thought it worked really well for the episode. Without it, it would have been hard to feel the emotion of the final scene.
The baseball was about Kiawe and Ash and had little to do with Minior.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The baseball was about Kiawe and Ash and had little to do with Minior.

I don't remember the details that well, but Minior was still their playing with them, even if the scene didn't focus on it, right?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't remember the details that well, but Minior was still their playing with them, even if the scene didn't focus on it, right?
I don't remember either I guess but I honestly only remember it showing Ash and Kiawe. It barely seemed even like the other students were playing.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't remember either I guess but I honestly only remember it showing Ash and Kiawe. It barely seemed even like the other students were playing.

Not that surprising. Kiawe tends to act as Ash's default "best friend/rival" character. Regardless, the point was certainly to have them all playing together, even if the focus ended up on Ash and Kiawe for that part.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Not that surprising. Kiawe tends to act as Ash's default "best friend/rival" character. Regardless, the point was certainly to have them all playing together, even if the focus ended up on Ash and Kiawe for that part.
Yeah I think it was horrible focus if it was meant to focus on Poipole and Minior's friendship

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Yeah I think it was horrible focus if it was meant to focus on Poipole and Minior's friendship
The fact that it was blatantly reused animation from episode 28 didn't help matters either. Like, seriously, did they just go over budget and decide to reuse a scene instead of drawing a new one or something? It was just so random.