1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Minor things you enjoy

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Auraninja, Dec 28, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

How trainers have their own battle animations before the battle starts and once you get to the Gym Leader's last Pokemon, a victory Gym Leader theme appears. The last part is an awesome feature that I believe only appeared in Gen 5. I wish that returns in Pokemon games some day, at the very least the 5th gen remakes.

Thakamizu likes this.
  2. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

I’ve been in a Unova mood recently, so:

How at Pokéstar Studios the movie names on the selection screen are all in different languages, and it’s even mentioned that the Studios attract people from other regions.

The rematch battles with Breeders in Gen V. The fact that there’s pretty much one on every route is a godsend for grinding.

The 3D integration. For games at the very end of the DS’s lifespan, the 3D mixed with the traditional 2D sprites is so pleasing to look at. While the 3DS games are pretty, BW/BW2 will always have such an impressive charm to them.

Musicals were mindless fluff that were entertaining. They had a lot more potential than what they actually were, but it was cute and a clever nod to Broadway. I also just really loved the pink/glittery aesthetic lol. A rhythm game of sorts would’ve made the dancing portion much more fun, but there’s always remakes...

Majespectre and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Yum! Turkey and Mashed Potatoes! Staff Member Moderator

Yea that's pretty neat. It would be cool if that made a return in future games.

Really appreciated them too. Very helpful when trying to raise a Pokemon for breeding.

Liked it as well, even though I kept the 3d itself off, the graphics still looked really nice.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. Shayminslicker

Shayminslicker Comes out of Nowhere

I like how Pokemon walk out and about in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. It makes the world feel a little more alive if you ask me.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I have to disagree since it seemed more annoying than helpful since they'd start a battle with us automatically if we walked into their line of sight, which got frustrating in the post-game when grinding against them was pointless.

Majespectre likes this.
  6. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I enjoyed the entry animations in Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, And HGSS when the Pokémon was released.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  7. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Whenever you're able to beat a Pokemon using only Metronome. Mainly when it comes to raising Togepi