• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Minor things you enjoy

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The cutscene with your starter before you take on the E4 in USUM (these games are gems btw)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I really liked the addition of mini games in Diamond/Pearl. Meaning the digging for treasure thing. That added more to the series. I miss it. Contests like those in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald added some fun as well. But I like digging for treasure a bit more :). It's very satisfying finding rare things from it.

Also loved when Pokemon could follow us in Soul Silver and Heart Gold. It's nice to see that make a come back in Pokemon Let's Go.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Underground's probably my favorite mini-game in Pokemon, I hope and pray it returns in the Diamond and Pearl remakes

CapybaraMage

Novice Shiny Hunter
Yes! I would spend hours upon hours digging stuff up down there. I had quite a collection of stones and fossils. And the bases! Secret bases have always been a favorite of mine. I was so glad they came back in ORAS. There’s just something so cozy to me about having my own little space that I can decorate as I please.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact that since Gen V wild Pokemon aren't in and nicknames don't immediately go TO ALL CAPS

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Another thing I really liked, this time in USUM, was the way you can interact with certain overworld Pokemon. If you interact with them enough, they follow you around.

I also liked how in Alola, you had ride Pokemon that you just call for services and the Rotom that lives in your Pokedex. It's cool to have non-battle Pokemon at times.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Virtual Console Pokemon getting Hidden Abilities upon their transfer into the current games

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Virtual Console Pokemon getting Hidden Abilities upon their transfer into the current games
Especially useful if you are trying to get a Snow Warning Alolan Vulpix. I just grabbed a Vulpix from a VC title.

Also, the Rain Dance Politoed I used extensively in Pokemon Ultra Moon came from Silver.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Throughout the main series, I have always loved the pixelated graphics of each game: the Pokémon, the settings, the trainers... it was really nice to see the mini sprites of Pokémon get redone in the 3DS games, and they all look great to me. Same for spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon, when they had sprites for every species at the time. I used to play around with sprites and pixelated artwork, sharing them on the forums a long time ago. Good times.

A dream game I’ve been having on my mind is if there was a Pokémon game made for Nintendo Switch that used pixelated graphics, similar to Octopath Traveler. It would use the old style while also having a new, improved look and be incredibly nostalgic for fans. I would certainly be thrilled to see what Pokémon after 5th Gen look like with official battle sprites.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Though I have a few qualms with the games, Let's Go!, I did like the Alolan trades and how nearly every city had them.
I also like the added Mina part, and how the older characters are still present with Green.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
When event Pokemon are achieved by getting an event key item, letting you catch them in-game

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I love how immersive the overworld 'mons feel in ORAS.

- Wingulls and Swablus flying over you on certain routes
- those Wingulls that get scared if you walk by
- Luvdiscs and Corsolas and Chinchous swimming around you underwater, etc
- and of course, the entire Dex Nav interaction and sneaking

ORAS is just brilliant when it comes to overworld interaction.

Luthor

I personally enjoy catching all the Unown forms. I always enjoy seeing all the Unown forms in the box together.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Re-visiting the top of the tower of mastery in my pokemon y version..........I think everyone can take a guess why I like doing that <////<;

I'm sure theres other things but this was the first thing to pop in my head LOL

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Being able to move in eight directions nowadays