• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mirage Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Who ever found Mirage Island? I still haven't, but I'm still trying.

Kalosian

So long
I never found it, but I didn't really ever try to get to it either. I remember that a friend of mine got there, but I wasn't there to see it when it happened.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I tried to find it by going to that one house in Pacifidlog Town and speaking to the old man, but I gave up after a while. The internal battery on my Sapphire and Emerald versions have died so I won't be able to go there now, but maybe I'll get lucky on Ruby version. I think Mirage Island is the most frustrating in-game location ever though since it's so hard to get to.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've never been to Mirage Island. There was a time where I would go to Pacifidlog everyday to see if it was there, but I stopped checking after a while.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
I've personally never been there on my game, but my friend went there. Back when I was around 8-9, I went to my friend's house and we loved pokemon. I remember him saying that the man said he can see mirage island. I really didn't pay attention to the dude nor did I know his purpose, so my reaction wasn't really as enthusiastic. However, my friend then surfed east and there it was, an island. I couldn't find it on my game, but it was on his. I don't recall him ever getting the berry from the island.....

Chalis

Victorious
Ive never been there, even after countless hours of checking.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I wish I could go there, and go in a massive Wynaut killing spree, nah I'd probably try and RNG one to be honest. I'd also use the Liechi Berry in the Battle Frontier, a free attack boost would be legendary.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My internal batteries were dead when I got Ruby and Emerald so I haven't been there.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, the good thing is that if you find Mirage Island on Ruby, you can take the berries, attach them to a Pokèmon, trade that Pikemon to Emerald, and clone the berries.

I already have Liechi Berries that I got via trade and grew before my game's battery died, so that isn't a problem. I mostly wanted to find Mirage Island because it's the only area in the games that I've never been to. I just think it's ironic that I managed to access Southern Island despite it being an event only location, yet I couldn't access Mirage Island. Sure the chances of finding Mirage Island are always extremely low, but my Sapphire version will never feel complete since I never got there and caught a Wynaut as a souvenir of the visit.

MegaMudkipz

Best Trainer Ever
I found it in my emerald in 2009 I was yelling of excitement and my brother too he saw it and my dad said what's going on? I said me and my brother found mirage island ahhh good times

Namelesskitty

Skitty Swag
I remember seeing it the first time I went to Pacifidlog then thinking I was crazy when it was gone and forgetting it until like 3 months later... fun times.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I'm pretty sure, on my First EVER play-through of Sapphire (So many memories) I found Mirage Island! I thought it was just some normal thing, went there and never really thought anything of it! Of course, now I know it is extremely rare and I am pretty lucky to have ever found it! My Battery is Dead now though, so I will never find it again... :(

Theodamas

Collector
I wonder what would happen if you found it, then saved the game there and waited for the day to pass...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't believe I ever saw Mirage Island personally, whether on my game, my brothers' games, or a friend's. The concept of the island was interesting, but it was just frustrating to check every day to see if the old man could see it. But outside of the Liechi Berry, I suppose it doesn't hurt to have missed anything, especially since my battery dried out a few months ago (took it long enough).

Edit: Actually, according to Bulbapedia, Mirage Island is not affected by the battery, it's only after the play-time's been maxed out that it stops. So I may technically still have a chance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.