• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missed Mega Evolution Opportunities

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Both Lopunny, Ninetails, and The 3 original Eeveeloutions need Mega Evo's as there all Popular and eeveeloution teams will get a much needed boost and be able to compete again. MAKE IT HAPPEN GAME FREAK!!!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Oh god no megaeevees...I just hope that they dont overdo the mega evos or focys to much in making mega duos or trios...

AcidArmor

And then what, that Evolves into 18 other Pokémon as well?
Eevee's sole gimmick is that it changes Type depending on its Evolution.
It not changing Type would both be counter-themed, counter-productive, and just plain strange.
Ah good old sppf, where lack of reading comprehension and strawman arguments go hand in hand.

Counter-themed, absolutely. Counter-productive and strange? You'll have to elaborate further.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ah good old sppf, where lack of reading comprehension and strawman arguments go hand in hand.

Counter-themed, absolutely. Counter-productive and strange? You'll have to elaborate further.

I was eferring to you Normal Eeveelution bit, which, if still thematically Eevee, would branch off again.

Counter-Productive as in that it goes against the means of Eevee's line, and what it is supposed to give, but I guess tht could be fit under Counter-themed by some.
Strange is simply opinionated; I find it odd that a Pokémon who'se entire gimmick is change, would end up not doing that.

AcidArmor

I was eferring to you Normal Eeveelution bit, which, if still thematically Eevee, would branch off again.

Counter-Productive as in that it goes against the means of Eevee's line, and what it is supposed to give, but I guess tht could be fit under Counter-themed by some.
Strange is simply opinionated; I find it odd that a Pokémon who'se entire gimmick is change, would end up not doing that.
nobody said anything about the normal eeveelution branching off and evolving yet again, that's just what you assumed because it would remain a normal type.

Just because this theoretical eeveelution doesn't undergo a type change, doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't change at all (hence mega evolution). Like you said, Eevee's gimmick is its ability to evolve to many types of forms; having that one eeveelution that has the ability to mega evolve would balance its lack of type change.

It's not even about using them. It's about Game Freak shoving the line in everyone's face. Plus, having Eeveelutions for EVERY type sounds painfully redundant.
I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth. I never stated that game freak should make an eeveelution for every type. However, I can see it happening eventually in future generations due to their popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth. I never stated that game freak should make an eeveelution for every type. However, I can see it happening eventually in future generations due to their popularity.

I didn't mean to put words your mouth. I only said that because another poster said they wanted Eeveelutions for all types.

Rio!

Composer
Just because this theoretical eeveelution doesn't undergo a type change, doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't change at all (hence mega evolution). Like you said, Eevee's gimmick is its ability to evolve to many types of forms; having that one eeveelution that has the ability to mega evolve would balance its lack of type change.

I'm still not understanding why Eevee has to really mega-evolve...at all. It's like trying to make a Mega Arceus from one type when it already has plenty of options to choose from.

Still waiting on that Steel Eevee that's able to passively support your team with Heal Bell because that would be pretty cool...not that Eeveelution is really at the top of my list anyway. XD

Basically, Eevee is already gimmicky enough (evolution-wise) and doesn't need a lot of help with that.

AcidArmor

I'm still not understanding why Eevee has to really mega-evolve...at all. It's like trying to make a Mega Arceus from one type when it already has plenty of options to choose from.

Still waiting on that Steel Eevee that's able to passively support your team with Heal Bell because that would be pretty cool...not that Eeveelution is really at the top of my list anyway. XD

Basically, Eevee is already gimmicky enough (evolution-wise) and doesn't need a lot of help with that.
All the megas introduced this gen are all essentially gimmicks. None of the megas they introduced were really necessary.

iirc, thread's about missed mega opportunities, not how 'gimmicky' a theoretical mega eevelution would be.

Rio!

Composer
All the megas introduced this gen are all essentially gimmicks. None of the megas they introduced were really necessary.

iirc, thread's about missed mega opportunities, not how 'gimmicky' a theoretical mega eevelution would be.

Then too, none of them have the problem of having multiple possibilities which is really the point this discussion has reached.
By the way this, which has essentially turned into a ' fan boy/girl's wish-list' thread, so...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Then too, none of them have the problem of having multiple possibilities which is really the point this discussion has reached.
By the way this, which has essentially turned into a ' fan boy/girl's wish-list' thread, so...
Yep it started to feel like a thread where people complain about why their favorites didnt get a mega while making them gain 2 completely different types that they feel they should have so that no initial trace of their evolutionary line is left intact making them completely different mons with mivesets and stabs that will make greninja and arceus look like a kakuna soaming harden while adding the next moldbreakekgaleilatefilterbounceguardgutsssure making them so op only a quick ban will fix any fun left on the game. Ir just adding megas coz of simmetrical reasons since x got a mega his countetpary y should get one too.

Wow i think i had that saved for a while...

It kinda feels like that...I mean not everything has to be the next megaluke or megazard, some mons could just use abilities that fit their biology im really proud at game freak for a ligthing rod grass type that fits its design.

Last edited:

Carcara

Chandelure, yeah, i know it's already very strong, but i would to see it mega evolve(maybe not as much if another player used it). Also Sharpedo and Klinklang, especially the latter. The gear-guy needs some more love...

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Regarding Mega Eeveelution, though I can see your logic regarding giving only a normal type eeveelution a mega, to make up for the fact that it's still normal type, I don' t really think it's necessary. That's just my opinion though and as I said, I can still see the logic behind your suggestion. I don't really get why other people are being so uppity about it. Eevee is a firm fan favourite and there are loads of fan interpretations of what it would look like evolved into all the other types. I wouldn't really be surprised if it does get an evolution for each type eventually, including normal type. I don't really get why that would be so absurd or terrible.

I'm afraid I can't remember who the original artist was but my favourite interpretation is this one: http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/3909959/gen+6+eevee+evolutions+drafts I think they look really cool and plausible.

Huhadude

Banned
I always thought about a Mega Arcanine and a Mega Ninetales and Milotic should get a mega as Gyarados has one and they're like counterparts. Like Gyarados is the beast and Milotic the beauty.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
There are still more megas to come since ORAS isn't released yet so its too soon to say that certain pokemon not getting a mega yet are "missed" oppertunities. Even though it would be nice to have a Mega Poliwrath or Grass/Fairy Lilligant

~Emolga~

Just A Crazy Fangirl
There's a few,

Mega lilligant,

Ability: Pixilate

Type: Grass / Fairy

Mega Rapidash

Ability: Not sure,

Type: Fire / Flying

It will be the same, just with wings, like an alicorn

And some that aren't exactly planned out like,

Mega Milotic, Mega Rayquaza <--- So many wants right there, mega dragonite, mega Johto starters, mega talonflame, and mega hydregion

Thats all, (and probably others) want as megas

One thing confused me though,

If this is Hoenn region of pokemon remake, then why are there megas of future pokemon? Lopunny, Audino

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Dark/Fairy Mega Absol. I really can't think of anything else until I see what they're adding in OR/AS.

Mega lilligant,

Ability: Pixilate

Type: Grass / Fairy

It doesn't get Hyper Voice...

What Lilligant really needs is more attacking moves of different types besides Grass and Hidden Power... A Mega form won't fix that...

Last edited: