• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missed Mega Evolution Opportunities

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I'm expecting them to have a handful of them ingame that they won't mention. How will you get them without the time-crystal thing in XY, that's another story.

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
Until Italy, Korea, or Canada spoils them all. We must wipe them off the map

Tonguetyd

Yes that is true. They added Mega Evolution to still keep the games alive.

Lies.
Even without Megas, Gen VI would have had lots of new stuff anyway.
And Pokemon doesn't need to be "kept alive", since Game Freak is constantly trying to improve the games, and usually succeeds. You can see that in the game's sale numbers.

Carcara

I would like to see Claydol to be one of those Megas totally different from the original, like Mawile or MegaZard X. And Sharpedo could get the rest of its body back.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I want a Mega Ditto with an ability that lets it exactly copy the enemies stats, mwahahahaha.....ok no.

In actuality, I'd like to see a Mega Tauros. I don't know why, but I always thought Tauros was pretty neat. Maybe it could be retyped to Normal/Ground or Normal/Steel....I dunno, I just think a buffed up Tauros would be awesome.

TheGreaterLucario

Personally I'd like to see a Mega Dragonite. ...Although I can live without it, since Dragonite IS a real juggernaut already. It'd also be kind of cool to see a Mega Marowak or a Mega Arcanine and/or Ninetales.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
mega flygon would probably a good one too, since salamence and altaria (both hoenn dragons have their mega) - i feel that flygon should also probably have one

* erases mega salamence for hoping a mega as it already had happened *

Huhadude

Banned
mega flygon would probably a good one too, since salamence and altaria (both hoenn dragons have their mega) - i feel that flygon should also probably have one

* erases mega salamence for hoping a mega as it already had happened *

Yes I agree. A Mega Flygon is needed.

I also think that Ludicolo and Shiftry should get a mega. They both are weak Pokemon, getting megas might make them more useful.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Mega Nidoking and Mega Nidoqueen would be awesome imo, anything that makes Nidoking more usable and i would be happy

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I know I said this in another thread, but I just want to get this out...

Lilligant

I always thought Lilligant would get the Fairy type in X and Y but I was proven wrong when its evil cousin Whimsicott got the typing instead. So maybe when or if Lilligant mega evolves, she will get the fairy typing with boosted special attack, defense, special defense, and speed with the ability Magic Guard to prevent effects from burn or toxic spikes, or keeps Own Tempo for more Petal Dance shenanigans. Also, give her access to moves like Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, and should not let Sleep Powder be a pre evo exclusive or better yet give her spore (cant think of better moves atm)

Anyways Mega Lilligants base stats would be

Type: Grass/ Fairy

Hp: 70
Attack: 60
Defense: 75 -> 95
Special Attack: 110 -> 130
Special Defense: 75-> 105
Speed: 90 -> 120

Hydreigon

Next is Mega Hydreigon. I think Gamefreak should go back to Hydreigon's original concept and make it Steel/Dragon just to give it a chance against Fairy types that completely wrecked Hydreigon this generation. However I do believe Mega Hydreigon would keep the ability Levitate keeping its immunity to ground *cough* mold breaker excadrill *cough. Since the Steel Typing is normally a defensive type, I can see Mega Hydreigon gaining more bulk to survive more hits and a decent boost to its attack and special attack at the cost of its speed like mega garchomp or a very small boost of speed. For added moves, Hydreigon already has Flash Cannon and I can see it getting moves like Iron Head, Iron Tail, Magnet Bomb, or Steel Wing in the near future.

Type: Steel/Dragon

HP: 92
Attack: 105 -> 125
Defense: 90 -> 120
Special Attack: 125 -> 135
Special Defense: 90 -> 120
Speed: 98 -> 108

Samurott

Many people wanted Samurott to get a fighting type but I dont think that would work well on him to well so like Hydreigon, I believe Mega Samurott should get the Steel Type as well. And before you say anything about Empoleon, we have 3 FIRE/FIGHTING starters so saying Samurott cant get it Steel because Empoleon is not a valid reason. Plus Fighting has been taken by Emboar. Now back to the topic. I can see Mega Samurott getting big boosts to his Defense and Special Defense stats along with his Attack and Special attack. Or change nothing with his offenses and give him more Defense, Special Defense and Speed. Extra moves to learn would be Iron Head, Shell Smash Flash Cannon, Calm Mind, Earthquake, or even Dragon Pulse (he gets dragon tail so why not). As for an ability, there are many ablities that they can give to Mega Samurott, however I can see it either being Intimidate or Shell Armor

Type: Water/Steel

HP: 95
Attack: 100 -> 120
Defense: 85 -> 115 or 105
Special Attack: 108 ->128
Special Defense: 70 ->100 or 110
Speed: 70 -> 110

Last edited:

MDS777

The name's Riley
There's no way Hydreigon (or any other Pokemon) will lose their main typing that is apart of their evolutionary family through Mega evolution. Although stab Flash Cannon would be nice.

TheGreaterLucario

Since when was Vespiquen powerful?

You obviously have never raged at Aaron's Vespiquen in D/P/Pt. Spamming Defend Order, raising its Defense and Sp. Defense to the point where even a quad-super-effective hit can't take it out quickly, then spamming Heal Order to heal up what damage you've managed to inflict (through a painful amount of effort due to Defend Order).

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
There's no way Hydreigon (or any other Pokemon) will lose their main typing that is apart of their evolutionary family through Mega evolution. Although stab Flash Cannon would be nice.

And at the top of that, Hydregion LOOKS like a dark type.

There is no way to make it steel type without changing its design completely, which never happens during mega evolutions.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I don't really think Steel is the right type for Mega Hydreigon. I consider Fighting over Steel.

Fighting doesn't fit for Hydreigon imo

And at the top of that, Hydregion LOOKS like a dark type.

There is no way to make it steel type without changing its design completely, which never happens during mega evolutions.
Charizard X says hi