• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missed Mega Evolution Opportunities

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Charizard X says hi

Well, Charizard does look kinda like a dragon, so making the mega evolution there makes sense. So yeah that example doesn't really prove me wrong.

Also Mega Charizard X has the same design as regular Charizard with major improvements. Just like most megas do.

Tonguetyd

You obviously have never raged at Aaron's Vespiquen in D/P/Pt. Spamming Defend Order, raising its Defense and Sp. Defense to the point where even a quad-super-effective hit can't take it out quickly, then spamming Heal Order to heal up what damage you've managed to inflict (through a painful amount of effort due to Defend Order).

No, because Vespiquen is really slow and it's really easy to take it out with any Rock, Fire, Ice, Flying or Electric move. And it can't attack you that well.
I'd worry more about that Drapion.

Huhadude

Banned
No, because Vespiquen is really slow and it's really easy to take it out with any Rock, Fire, Ice, Flying or Electric move. And it can't attack you that well.
I'd worry more about that Drapion.

I do see Drapion getting a Mega. Drapion has a lot of type options if it gets a mega. It's Poison/Dark type so when it mega evolves it might get Bug/Dark typing.

Dolos

Newbie!!!
MEGA OCTILLERY!!!! it would have been the best ever, can you imagine how strong it would be?! and give it even STRONGER moves like Hydro Cannon ^.^

Tonguetyd

MEGA OCTILLERY!!!! it would have been the best ever, can you imagine how strong it would be?! and give it even STRONGER moves like Hydro Cannon ^.^

News Flash: Hydro Cannon is really, really, really, really bad.

Mega Octillery (Octillerite)
Water
Analytic
HP: 75
Attack: 135
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 150
Special Defense: 110
Speed:10

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
News Flash: Hydro Cannon is really, really, really, really bad.

Its just a water type hyperbeam, only drawback is the one turn loss. Its not bad but its a double edge sword depending on who you're up against. Plus I doubt Octillery would get it anyway due to the Water/Grass/Fire hyper beams are only avaliable to starters

Last edited:

Blasting Toise

And not being able to switch out and being revenge killed faster than a Ninjask on steroids.
In that situation Hydro Cannon is bad but sometimes it's just what's needed. Hydro Cannon has many times saved me in battle- it has that extra power when Hydro Pump is not enough.

If some move is really, really, really bad it's detect- it's fighting type protect with only half of protect's PP- Memento is also pretty useless and very rarely worth it's cost.

Carcara

I think the "lesser" trio should get megas. The Kanto bird should get mega stones to make up to the fact you can only catch one of them. And i would love to see a Mega Cobalion, it's one of my favorite pokemon.
Well, Charizard does look kinda like a dragon, so making the mega evolution there makes sense. So yeah that example doesn't really prove me wrong.

Also Mega Charizard X has the same design as regular Charizard with major improvements. Just like most megas do.

Let's not forget mega Pinsir. I mean, who could expect THAT?

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
Let's not forget mega Pinsir. I mean, who could expect THAT?
M. Pinsir wasn't that surprising to me, at least. It's based of a stag beetle, which have wings.

I am desperately hoping that a Mega Skarmory will be made. Depending on the design, it could either become faster, and more streamlined at the cost of Defense while boosting its Attack, or it could become bulkier, boosting its Defense a little as well as its Attack, but losing Speed.

Khinhazzard

MultiBattle Brawler
I hope there would be a Mega Bug/Dragon type.. that would be cool..

Bananarama

The light is coming
I personally think that some theoretical Generation 2 Mega Evolution could include:

Mega Feraligatr (Water)

Mega Meganium (Grass/Psychic)

Mega Typhlosion (Fire/Dark)

That's a longshot, but you never know...

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I think Lapras should have had a Mega-Evolution :eek:o
I put up a suggestion for Mega Lapras a while back on the ORAS board. I figured it would be a great option for playing clean up late into the battle. It had Shell Armor and (130hp) 100/125/85/125/70.

Dunsparce would be one of the greatest mega evolutions, which leads me to believe they won't add it simply because it would overshadow everything else. :)

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
I've been rooting for a Mega Qwilfish ever since Mega Evolution was announced! My fingers are still crossed, but sadly I doubt it will become a reality this generation.

Russell-Bowman

There don't seem to be many Poison or Ice-types with Mega Evolutions; it's really juts Gengar, Venusaur for Poison and Abomasnow for Ice. I'd like to see Mega Crobat, Seviper or Mamoswine.