• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missed Mega Evolution Opportunities

Rio!

Composer
Mega Pidgeot should have been the only pokémon with Gale Wings. <.<

I'm surprised Pidgeot didn't get a Mega Evolution either, to be honest. That Normal/Flying combo wouldn't be breaking steels/rocks anytime soon, but provides a nice, neutral Return (Though Double-Edge would be a nice move add-in but w/e).
That would be a PERFECT ability for it as well.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Something tells me Hydreigon will not get a Mega Evolution to erase it's typing or anything. I stand by the belief that Fairy Pokemon were made to eliminate Hydreigon spamming. They made artwork of Sylveon fighting Hydreigon. I could just picture someone working for Pokemon playing Black and White and getting steamrolled by a Hydreigon. He gets mad and demands a way to rip them up in Gen 6. LOL, I'm sure that's not what happened.

While we're throwing out crazy theories, I like how the two most overrated popular and already powerful Fighting-types, Lucario and Blaziken, are unaffected by Fairy, and in addition get mega evolutions. What a way to make most of the other Fighting-types get overlooked in favor of these two. I know, I know. It's probably just a coincidence, but this works out too well for them.

ok, ok, so how bout crazy, giving pikachu a mega that makes him/her fairy and electric? I know right it's crazy! lol SO unique, not a final form, its got that fairy stuff, and it's like the mascot of pokemon, heck, it might even make him playable. Right, RIGHT! -_- Anyways...

All jokes aside (I know fans either hate of love the mouse) how bout a mega for Ditto, or Marowak, Arcanine, Ninetails, or Sandslash (yeah, I'm a gen one guy. What you looking at?!? <_< >_>

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
ok, ok, so how bout crazy, giving pikachu a mega that makes him/her fairy and electric? I know right it's crazy! lol SO unique, not a final form, its got that fairy stuff, and it's like the mascot of pokemon, heck, it might even make him playable. Right, RIGHT! -_- Anyways...

Pikachu already has one, it's called Raichu. And for the record Raichu is usable in online battles.

All jokes aside (I know fans either hate of love the mouse) how bout a mega for Ditto, or Marowak, Arcanine, Ninetails, or Sandslash (yeah, I'm a gen one guy. What you looking at?!? <_< >_>

I don't find anything wrong with liking one generation the best. And I'd also love to see a Mega Evolution of Arcanine as it's one of my favorite Pokémon.

Rio!

Composer
Agreed. It could also be re-typed into Flying/Fighting like Hawlucha.

I dunno, I think Flying/Normal would actually be just fine for it. Personally.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Beartic would be good, help its crappy defense type.

and as a joke, ursaring, because that would be ridiculous. Give it moxie!

Luce

I want to see Mega Floatzel! *shot*

I found it rather annoying when Garchomp and Tyranitar got a Mega Evolution when Salamance or Metagross didn't. I don't really care with Dragonite since it's already as strong as...heck! Also, I give my vote for Mega Arcanine, and perhaps Mega Mienshao.

Tyrantrum

I honestly think yanmega should have gotten a mega I mean it has mega in it's name after all!

But I think mega forms only go for the ones that needed the boost competitively. Like Kangaskhan kind of did... I think Ursaring could use a mega, make it more playable.

Possibly

Maybe this is random but I think Eevees should get a mega evolution. The Eevee is the evolution pokemon. What if the base evolution, which is the end of the normal line, got a mega evolution so the base Eevee was useful too. Heh.

Geovanicaon

Need Pokemon Switch
Mega Pikachu because anime fans will be overhyped!

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Mega Dunsparce! Make it a dragon/normal type!

Mega Golduck because I love its pre-evolution form.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
But I think mega forms only go for the ones that needed the boost competitively.

Tell that to Pokémon like Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Scizor, Lucario, Gengar, Garchomp, Blaziken etc. These Pokémon are already very powerful and they got mega evolutions anyway. Yes, there were some Pokémon who got Mega evos that needed a boost, but those are few and far between.

If anything, I think Mega Evolutions are more of a popularity contest, especially if you look at Charizard and Mewtwo. Which is really sad, as there are a lot of Pokémon that could really benefit from a Mega Evolution if done right.

Akashin

Tell that to Pokémon like Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Scizor, Lucario, Gengar, Garchomp, Blaziken etc. These Pokémon are already very powerful and they got mega evolutions anyway. Yes, there were some Pokémon who got Mega evos that needed a boost, but those are few and far between.

If anything, I think Mega Evolutions are more of a popularity contest, especially if you look at Charizard and Mewtwo. Which is really sad, as there are a lot of Pokémon that could really benefit from a Mega Evolution if done right.

That's only taking one side into account. There's also the likes of Pinsir, Manectric, Mawile, and Medicham (among others) who--while not by any means disliked or anything--are hardly in the same league as Mewtwo, Charizard and Lucario in terms of popularity.

Popularity does matter; that's something they've said outright. But it isn't the sole determining factor, nor should the lack of it be evidence against a Pokemon getting a MEvo in the future. And I'm fine with it being that way, especially since they ran through a lot of the extremely popular ones already.