• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missed opportunities in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Going outside of BW for a bit, the rivals in DP really were handled horribly. Kenny was never going to be a good character no matter how hard they tried, but using Nando in only 10 episodes out of 191 and removing Zoey's primary character quirk (the hatred of people doing both Gyms and Contests) early on really lessened what they could have been.

To add to this: Ash's rivals weren't any better, despite what some might say. Paul was boring, Barry was obnoxious, and Conway came the hell out of nowhere as a rival.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
To add to this: Ash's rivals weren't any better, despite what some might say. Paul was boring, Barry was obnoxious, and Conway came the hell out of nowhere as a rival.

In all honesty I think that Conway only got badges and went to the Sinnoh League so that he could stalk Dawn so more, and I wouldnt even count Barry as a rival he was more of a helpful arrow than a competetive and supple arrow like Paul...

A missed opportunity for the anime imo was letting the OI mainly focus on Ash and denied Misty the focus she should have gotten since they were in a Island based region -___-

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
HG/SS promotion? I remember some people thinking she would return because she was in the remakes

Was that really a missed opportunity though?

It seemed like all the attention on the HG/SS promo was directed towards Johto and I feel like Misty promoting the games wouldn't have been all that necessary since she's only accessible until after Johto. I feel like they accomplished promoting those games with Lyra and bringing Misty back would have been somewhat of a stretch.

Squirtle_007

Another thing just came to my mind:
- I always had the idea that a Random-type Master shouldn´t just stick catching Pokémon of that type (even when I loved Misty´s team except the egg), I think a Random-type Master, apart from know every Random-type Pokémon, he/she should know about Random-type moves too; now with Iris not having only dragons because there aren´t too much and they learn practically the same move, I would like to see Iris teaching her non-Dragon type Pokémon some Dragon-type moves, yes, I know Excadrill and Emolga can´t learn any Dragon-type moves, but maybe if Iris had Scraggy/Scrafty or Archen/Archeops, she could teach them Dragon Claw or Dragonbreath.

vodor

Banned
Ash not catching the Swampert he fought & weaken in '' Leading a Stray!''.
Ash was so closed on catching that pokemon.
He just needed to throw a Pokeball as it.
I mean , How many time a trainer can get a opportunity to catch a fully evolved starter Pokemon.
Also , I liked that way Luxio communicated with Ash using the electricity from his paw.
Unfortunately, Ash could catch him because of Pikachu.
Shhesss , Since BW Pikachu seem nothing more then a cute Mascot.
Even a Rookies Pokemon more develop then him.
Pikachu really did prove that he's the worst Pokemon A Trainer can chose to Travel with him.
Ash should have replace Pikachu with that Luxio instate.
just look , the perfect pairing
[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/3/3d/Luxio_anime.png/200px-Luxio_anime.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Ash not catching a lot of awesome wild pokemon.

-shiny metagross
-The magnezone and metagross from the first ep of sinnoh league victors
-Larvitar's mother (Charizard and snorlax vs TTar for a capture would be EPIC)
-Wild gigalith
-One of the Durants in the leavany episode
-Aura sphere Riolu
-Entei(if TROLLBIAS can do it then Ash can!)

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Ash not catching a lot of awesome wild pokemon.

-shiny metagross
-The magnezone and metagross from the first ep of sinnoh league victors
-Larvitar's mother (Charizard and snorlax vs TTar for a capture would be EPIC)
-Wild gigalith
-One of the Durants in the leavany episode
-Aura sphere Riolu
-Entei(if TROLLBIAS can do it then Ash can!)
The amount of flaming that would happen if he caught a legendary would destroy the forum, are you trying to ban us all?! D8
Aura Sphere Riolu would be nice, I like that idea. :)

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
ash needs to catch atleast a psuedo legnedary! D:
i love the riolu idea though :D

He got the preevolution (Gible) of a pseudolegendary, isn't that enough? D8 *shot* If he does get one I want him to get Metagross or Tyranitar. Mainly Metagross though. It's not my favorite Psuedolegendary but I like it and think it'd be a nice addition to the team. :)

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
He got the preevolution (Gible) of a pseudolegendary, isn't that enough? D8 *shot* If he does get one I want him to get Metagross or Tyranitar. Mainly Metagross though. It's not my favorite Psuedolegendary but I like it and think it'd be a nice addition to the team. :)

haha gible doesnt nearly count as one of those :p ya i would love for tyranitar :D but metagross would do just fine!

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
You know, one missed opportunity was when he could've evolved his Gible in the Sinnoh Season.

Wasn't Gible caught kinda late in DP though? At most it'd evolve into Gabite Because the anime writers like trolling the hopes of him getting a Psuedo-legendary D8 And since I am too lazy to quote wings as well, I could see Ash with a Tyranitar. If he got one I could see it disobeying him for a while like Charizard did though ^^;
YES! I AM NO LONGER A SUCKY JOHTO GYM LEADER! D8 I AM NOW A SLIGHTLY LESS SUCKY JOHTO GYM LEADER! D8
/ranked up yays

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Wasn't Gible caught kinda late in DP though? At most it'd evolve into Gabite Because the anime writers like trolling the hopes of him getting a Psuedo-legendary D8 And since I am too lazy to quote wings as well, I could see Ash with a Tyranitar. If he got one I could see it disobeying him for a while like Charizard did though ^^;
YES! I AM NO LONGER A SUCKY JOHTO GYM LEADER! D8 I AM NOW A SLIGHTLY LESS SUCKY JOHTO GYM LEADER! D8
/ranked up yays

Gible > Gabite is what im hoping for in the filler saga :D. ugh another disobedient pokemon >< idk if i like that haha.

Gratz your now still a bad johto gym leader!

LizardonX

Banned
/ranked up yays

They should just give Ash entei since it is the crappiest legendary in the games so naturally it fits him.

And congrats, I got a long way to go before the sinnoh gyms.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Gible > Gabite is what im hoping for in the filler saga :D. ugh another disobedient pokemon >< idk if i like that haha.

Gratz your now still a bad johto gym leader!

Well, Tyranitar always seemed like a Pokemon that would severely disobey it's trainer till said trainer earn it's respect. At least to me it did. ^^;
BUT AT MY NEXT RANKUP I WILL BE A GYM LEADER WHO HAS ONE OF THE MOST HATED POKEMON EVER! D8

Status
Not open for further replies.