• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missed Opportunities in the Galar Region

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have a Manaphy as well.

And I don't plan on letting it go any time soon.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Looks like it’s been mentioned but, I wanted to say the game(s) as a whole were missed opportunities.

At least to me, every aspect was lacking in some degree. I don’t rate them that bad compared to some of the other core series games but they were just....flat.

Wild Area/Route Exploration were among the biggest let downs.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Looks like it’s been mentioned but, I wanted to say the game(s) as a whole were missed opportunities.

At least to me, every aspect was lacking in some degree. I don’t rate them that bad compared to some of the other core series games but they were just....flat.

Wild Area/Route Exploration were among the biggest let downs.
Definitely. So many opportunities for more exploration, let alone visiting towns and more to the story.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Definitely. So many opportunities for more exploration, let alone visiting towns and more to the story.
Personally would’ve enjoyed if routes had places, tucked away, that were later accessible in-game that led to dens with set Gmax Pokémon. Something akin to hidden grottos. Or actual dens, possibly hidden, on routes? Idk. I think it was a missed opportunity limiting dens/power spots to the Wild Area and Gyms, as well.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
After replaying both Sword and Shield back to back I'd say the biggest missed opportunity is the option to fully explore. I say this because every route is very linear with the occasional hidden corner hiding something. There's no optional cave, forest, or other area branching off from these routes so you likely have no reason to return to these areas. In truth the developers propbably just wanted you to spend all your time in the Wild Area, Isle of Armor, and Crown Tundra. But honestly all three of these areas feel the same...

NeedsAName

After replaying both Sword and Shield back to back I'd say the biggest missed opportunity is the option to fully explore. I say this because every route is very linear with the occasional hidden corner hiding something. There's no optional cave, forest, or other area branching off from these routes so you likely have no reason to return to these areas. In truth the developers propbably just wanted you to spend all your time in the Wild Area, Isle of Armor, and Crown Tundra. But honestly all three of these areas feel the same...
Þere were a few side-areas þat players could easily miss if þey weren't paying attention, such as þe ledge on Rt. 10 or þe Rare Candy spot in Wedgehurst, but þere definitely could've been a lot more.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I thought of another missed opportunity for these games. In past gamesthere's usually a haunted house or graveyard that's home to Ghost type Pokemon. Since this regions based off the UK there could have been a haunted castle. Exploring Its corridors and dungeons could've been fun! But sadly all we get is a small ruined tower in the Wild Area...

Luthor

I thought of another missed opportunity for these games. In past gamesthere's usually a haunted house or graveyard that's home to Ghost type Pokemon. Since this regions based off the UK there could have been a haunted castle. Exploring Its corridors and dungeons could've been fun! But sadly all we get is a small ruined tower in the Wild Area...

I'd have to agree it could have been a lot of fun. I'd have even been ok if they had a haunted part of Hammerlocke or Stow-on-Side. Galar had quite a few ghost types you could use in such an area and some of them are so low encounter having a special one off encounter area could have been useful.

Last edited: