• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missing in Action, Pokemon who you miss

Naughty Pichu

DEATH TO DORA!!!!!!!
Hmmm, pokemon I miss, eh?

Probably Cyndaquil, Totodile and Noctowl for Ash. (Mainly because they're all just freakin' awesome pokemon, not that I like them in particular.)

Other than that, I really wish that Brock had brought back his Steelix when he found out it had evolved.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This topic's full of low-content posts saying little more than "I miss X", so I think that Pokepolls is a better place for it.

thunderblade12

I don't think we've seen most of Misty's pokemon since she left.

Have we even seen a Starmie/yu or Corsola in the background except for in maybe in the intro of one of the movies? I don't remember seeing Poliwhirls in any major roles either. Togetic only had one appearence and that was the evolution of Misty's Togepi. Horsea definitely hasn't appeared at all.

Politoed, Togepi, and Psyduck all played major roles in Sinnoh episodes though. Poliwag appeared early in AG as Max's partner. And Gyarados is pretty overused

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think we've seen most of Misty's pokemon since she left.

Psyduck got several fillers after Misty left. "Sitting Psyduck" from early Battle Frontier. The Psyduck from that early Shinx filler in DP. The Psyduck trio in that DP filler right before the summer school eps.

May battled a Politoed in the Contest where she lost to Harley in BF, Munchlax KO'd it with Solarbeam. Politoed again appears in DP to battle Croagunk as you said.

Togepi...Evil Togepi filler.

Goldeen...seen in DP.

Gyarados appears tons.

Its really just Corsola and the Horsea line, and Starmie hasn't appeared in quite some time.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Oh right thanks for the heads up, I probably shoulf have put it there in the first place.
Don't worry about it, sometimes it's hard to tell what questions will lead to real discussions and which will lead to poll-like answers.

As for content, I miss Staravia. It had so much more personality than Staraptor(not that either one show(ed/s) up all that often, although Staraptor in particular seemed to have died for a while after it evolved), and at the very least it was wackier.

All of Ash's insta-Oaked Kanto captures(Tauros, Muk, Kingler) also got the short end of the stick and I kinda wish we got to see them more often. Not so much Tauros(since it did stuff in the Battle Frontier), but I particularly want to see Muk more often. Did it even get a real battle outside of the Bellsprout match in the Indigo League? I'm pretty sure it hasn't, at least from what I remember. Shame, since I like Muk(both in general and this specific one).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
but I particularly want to see Muk more often. Did it even get a real battle outside of the Bellsprout match in the Indigo League? I'm pretty sure it hasn't, at least from what I remember. Shame, since I like Muk(both in general and this specific one).

Muk was used in the Gary battle during the Johto league. Muk was also used in the Orange Island episode, "The Mystery Menace" although it didn't battle.

Secondly, Muk got a fairly decent battle against Butch/Cassidy in one of the hoso specials.

Its only since Kingler/Muk were excluded in Battle Frontier that they haven't done anything in awhile.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Muk was used in the Gary battle during the Johto league. Muk was also used in the Orange Island episode, "The Mystery Menace" although it didn't battle.

Secondly, Muk got a fairly decent battle against Butch/Cassidy in one of the hoso specials.

Its only since Kingler/Muk were excluded in Battle Frontier that they haven't done anything in awhile.
Shows how well I remember what went down in battles. :p But yeah, both Muk and Kingler are overdue for an appearence. Maybe they can show up in place of the goddamn kanto starters for a change, once Ash is doing whatever he'll do in between the League and Gen 5 Region?
(almost certainly another Battle Frontier, since they bothered introducing Palmer and having Ash lose to him. And since Pluto conveniently escaped at the end of the Galactic finale(since Heatran's on the same island as BF in the games, although the anime can obviously put them wherever it wants to))

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I always tend to keep a mental note of how recent we've seen some of Ash's older Pokemon.

Its why I constantly say the Johto starters/Noctowl haven't been used in battle since 2002, the end of the league.

Technically Glalie also hasn't been used since the Hoenn league, it is also overdue to appear again.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I miss ash's shiny noctowl, and ash's charizard burning him all the time. good times.

thunderblade12

Psyduck got several fillers after Misty left. "Sitting Psyduck" from early Battle Frontier. The Psyduck from that early Shinx filler in DP. The Psyduck trio in that DP filler right before the summer school eps.

May battled a Politoed in the Contest where she lost to Harley in BF, Munchlax KO'd it with Solarbeam. Politoed again appears in DP to battle Croagunk as you said.

Togepi...Evil Togepi filler.

Goldeen...seen in DP.

Gyarados appears tons.

Its really just Corsola and the Horsea line, and Starmie hasn't appeared in quite some time.

Starmie would be good in contests, I'm surprised we haven't seen it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Starmie would be good in contests, I'm surprised we haven't seen it.

I'm surprised we hardly ever see Starmie in any battles, period. Ash's battle with Rudy's Starmie back in the 3rd Orange Island Gym was the last time Ash battled a Starmie.

Why none of the trainers in the leagues ever used Starmie is beyond me.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I'm surprised we hardly ever see Starmie in any battles, period. Ash's battle with Rudy's Starmie back in the 3rd Orange Island Gym was the last time Ash battled a Starmie.

Why none of the trainers in the leagues ever used Starmie is beyond me.
In particular, the writers really seemed to favor Misty's Staryu over her Starmie, which I always found rather bizarre. Maybe the animators really, really, don't like animating Starmie, so they make the writers use Staryu or some other Pokemon instead? :p

(funny how this turns into semi-discussion AFTER I move it to Polls...)

pokemon fan 132

Thats pretty much true.Most of Mistys pokemon have already appeared,with some of them recently in DP region.Some had bigger,some minor roles but they were covered.

Speaking about those which hasnt,it would be nice if Misty brings Horsea with her next time she shows up(whenever that will be),Who knows after all this time i wouldnt be surprised if it evolved even all the way to Kingdra.Same goes for Starmie,which was rarely seen or used in show.
I suppose she will also bring some new water type,afterall she doesnt own any from 4th generation so far.
Im not sure if Luvdisc appeared in DP so far,and Togetic wasnt seen at all since that cameo.

Also even though we seen them quite a few times i wouldnt mind if Gyarados or Psyduck of hers(classic) shows again.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
we've never seen another Matadogas or Arbok since they left, have we? I mean, unless you count that bullshit flashback Satoshi had of Fushigidane battling an Arbok (with Haruka and Masato in the background -_-), and I think a contest stillshot (because nothing can combine variety and rushing better than contests).

Interestingly enough, we have seen someone using a Dogas during the tag battle tournament, and an Arbo made a brief cameo in the forest that Satoshi and Shinji wound up in during an early DP episode. It's even more interesting when you consider that we about never saw other Dogas or Arbo the entire time that Musashi and Kojirou had them or their evolutions in their possession (in fact, I think their departure episode was the first time we saw Arbo and Dogas since Arbok and Matadogas evolved).

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I miss Chimecho a great deal, and I wish they would bring it back. I'd also like to see Bayleef and Totodile back, and Misty's Psyduck (more than I'd like to see Misty back). Jigglypuff would be great to see again too. I also miss Cacnea.

I also miss Snorunt. Yes, he's evolved now, but he should NEVER have been evolved. Once it evolved, it was doomed to be forgotten at Professor Oak's. ;(

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I miss Chimecho a great deal, and I wish they would bring it back. I'd also like to see Bayleef and Totodile back, and Misty's Psyduck (more than I'd like to see Misty back). Jigglypuff would be great to see again too. I also miss Cacnea.

I also miss Snorunt. Yes, he's evolved now, but he should NEVER have been evolved. Once it evolved, it was doomed to be forgotten at Professor Oak's. ;(

however, a different Chirean, Waninoko, Koduck, and Yukiwarashi have all managed to appear in Diamond/Pearl somewhat recently.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
For me it is Corphis and Gliscor.Both are funny.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I miss seeing Misty's Psyduck. Not just any ole Psyduck, hers in particular. I used to find his annoyingness amusing. >:l