• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missing Mod Madness: A Reviewing Roleplay Game

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Missing Mod Madness: A Reviewing Roleplay Game
Current Reviews: 179/60

In the daytime the Serebii Fanfic Library bustles with activity, readers combing the shelves for old favorites or checking out newly-added stories, retreating to armchairs and beanbags to read them. Writers fuss with their own work or hang out at one of the tables, talking in low tones. The library's full of hushed activity, pages turning, murmured conversation, the footsteps of people wandering the shelves.

But at night the library empties until there's only one light burning, high up in the moderators' office. As usual, time zones mean that bobandbill sits alone at his desk, feet up and reading something dense and technical-looking on his phone. Night shift is often boring, but every now and again someone thinks they might be able to slip in a story that doesn't belong when most of the mods are abed.

bobandbill looks up from the screen, not entirely sure what made him pause. Some kind of noise, probably. It's quiet, but every now and again you might hear pages rustling as a story slowly updates, or something inside grows restless. bobandbill's used to those noises, though. He sits still and listens until somewhere down in the stacks there's the gentle thump of a book falling to the floor.

There's more, maybe--a rustle that could be fabric rather than an unquiet page, a faint metallic clink. bobandbill can't identify the sounds as anything more than the sounds of something where it ought not be.

"I swear, if someone's trying to sneak in more arbok vore," he grumbles to himself as he rummages in his desk for his banhammer. "That always takes ages to clean up." Stepping out of the office and to the edge of the landing above the stacks, he calls into the dark, "Hello? The library's closed. If you want to submit something, you'll have to wait until tomorrow."

Down among the bookshelves, a shadow unfolds.

--​

Almost two hours later, the library sits in total darkness. Psychic hurries up to the front doors with her meowstic trailing behind, carrying a large tray of cookies. "Sorry I'm late!" she calls out to Dragonfree, who's already waiting at the entrance. "I was just getting some cookies out of the oven. Did you get any details from bobandbill? The report I got was blank."

"Mine was the same. It might be a glitch. Let's see what we're dealing with."

Inside, all is still. Nothing seems out of place until Psychic nearly trips over a fallen copy of Pokémon Revelations: Omnipotence, which she picks up and returns to the shelf. "Everything looks fine to me. Just a little messy," she says. "bobandbill? Are you here?" Psychic's meowstic listens with ears and psychic senses both, turning her head slowly back and forth. After a couple of minutes she chirps an all-clear.

"I thought we'd find spambots all over the place," Dragonfree says. "I guess the script I was working on won't help much." She twists the glowing band of symbols circling her wrist, and the lacey-bracketed code goes dark.

"We need to find bobandbill, though. I don't like how quiet it is in here. It doesn't look like he's in the office." Indeed, the office light is out.

"Then he must be in the stacks somewhere. I'll take the angst," Dragonfree says. "How about you head around through the one-shots and we'll meet up in the middle? If there's anyone out there, we're bound to run into them."

"I like it," Psychic says, grinning. "And cookies afterwards, right?" She raises her banhammer, and Dragonfree brings hers up too, knocking it against Psychic's hammer with a clink that rings loud in the nighttime library.

"Right. Let's go," she says, and sets off between the stacks.

--​

As opening time approaches, early readers arrive to find a crudely-penned note taped to the library's doors.

"No library 2day! mods out 4 reasons. No worry. Be back Soon.

p.s. thx 4 cookies"

Something seems off, and the waiting readers only grow more nervous as all attempts to reach the mods fail. Not content to wait for the super moderators to show up and investigate, one member of the growing crowd forces the door, and curious Serebii citizens flow into the empty library.

There are few signs of struggle: a few books toppled from their shelves, a crumb-laden tray alone on a table, a pikachu cookie with a bite out of its face lying under a chair. The moderators definitely aren't here. Did they really leave of their own accord? Were they kidnapped? Or--and this is what has the readers most worried--were they pulled into one of the stories lining the shelves?

They survey the task in front of them: hundreds of stories, and no way of knowing which the mods might have disappeared into. No way, that is, aside from opening them up and reading them...

What is Missing Mod Madness?

The Missing Mod Madness is a collaborative reviewing game running in the month of September. Players work together to read as many stories as possible and report their findings (review) in their quest to find the fanfic section's vanished moderators. Their characters and choices determine the course of the overarching story, which plays out in weekly updates as players get closer to reaching the final goal of 60 reviews posted in September. Along the way, there are plenty of opportunities to win prizes and take on special challenges!

How it Works

1. Sign up in this thread with a description of the character you want to use for this game. It can be a character from one of your fanfics, an OC you like to RP with, or one you came up with on the spot! Just fill out the following form with a brief description of your character, and you're good to go.

Sign-Up Form said:
Name:
Species:
(All species are welcome! Human, pokémon, or whatever you'd like)
Personality:
Other Notes:
(Optional. Anything else you want to say about the character: notes about background, appearance, behavior, etc.)

You can sign up at any time during September, so don't feel like you have to sit this one out if you can't jump right in at the beginning of the month.

2. Review! Show your old standbys some love or find new favorites in the section. There are no particular requirements for reviews, other than that they should follow the usual fanfic forum rules.

3. Post a link in this thread or the Review Leaderboard thread. Any review you make that counts for the leaderboard also counts for this game, and if you post in the leaderboard your points will automatically be added in both places. Please note, however, that for the purposes of this game, any review you make is only ever worth one point, regardless of how many chapters it covers. Special leaderboard bonuses also do not apply. For the purposes of this game, one review always counts for one point.

If your review fulfills the requirements for the weekly challenge (see below), you should post a link to the qualifying review in this thread with a note that the review fulfills the challenge's requirements, as well as choose your character's in-story reward for completing the challenge, e.g. choosing a weapon for the "Choose Your Weapon" challenge. For any review you make, challenge-related or not, you can also suggest an action for your character to take in the next story update.

4. Claim your prizes! When you earn enough points to be eligible for a prize, first post in the thread as usual to claim your points, then send Negrek a PM with information on what prize you'd like and who you'd like to fulfill your request. See below for a description of the available prizes and how many points you need to earn them.

Interested in offering prizes but don't see your name on the list below? Feel free to PM Negrek to volunteer! All help is appreciated.

5. See your character in the weekly story update! The more points you earn, the bigger your character's role in tracking down the missing mods. Note that updates will be posted Tuesdays starting September 12th, and only reviews claimed before midnight (EST) the preceding Sunday will be counted towards an update. The final story update will come on Tuesday, October 2nd.

I totally forgot to post the new weekly challenge yesterday! But yes, Week 2 is over; on to Week 3! This week's challenge probably won't make a great deal of sense until the next story update is posted, but this will at least give you the chance to plan out or even make your reviews, and you can choose your challenge reward once you actually understand what's going on.

The story update is expected to be done tomorrow and will be posted either tomorrow or Thursday, if I finish too late on Wednesday to want to go find wi-fi. (Still don't have internet in my apartment, pray for me.)

Also, if you write a review that qualifies for a previous week's challenge, I'm going to say that you can choose to take that challenge's reward even though the week is over. For example, if you review a fanfic by an author you haven't reviewed before sometime this week, you can have your character pick up a weapon if you haven't already. Just note that a particular review can only be counted towards one challenge, even if it would fulfill more than one, and you can't retroactively count a review towards a challenge. E.g. if you reviewed "But..." earlier this month, you can't cite that review for this week's challenge--you'll need to review a different qualifying fanfic this week to claim this week's prize.

Without further ado, the Week 4 reviewing challenge!

Week Four Challenge: Make Your Final Stand!

It's the final week, our final opportunity to rescue the mods, and the final battle against their enigmatic kidnappers! It's on your character to stop this alien menace and restore order to the fanfic section. How are they going to do it? This is your character's chance to make a badass final stand! Or perhaps they'd be more likely to run away screaming? You decide! For our final week, let's give some love to the fanfic sections that have seen the least action during our reviewing spree thus far. To qualify for this challenge, review a fic in the Non-Pokémon or Completed Fics sections.

Prizes

1 Point - Review

That's right! Posting a single review will not only get your character in the weekly story update, also qualify you to receive a review.

5 Points - Fanart

Manage five reviews to receive the gift of a thousand words... in the form of a picture. Of a character from your fanfic! The fanfic section is fortunate to have great writers who are also great artists, and some of them have generously agreed to provide prizes to participants.

Not so into the fanart thing? That's okay! You can choose to take a second review for this tier instead.

10 Points - Review and Fanart

Do you like reviews? Do you like fanart? Do you like... both? If you manage to post ten reviews in September, you'll be eligible to receive a second piece of fanart as well as a review on one of your fics. If you happen to only like one out of fic or fanart, though, you can choose instead to opt for two reviews or two pieces of fanart as your prize for this tier.
15 Points - Full-Color Banner

If you manage to put together a whopping fifteen reviews in one month, you'll be eligible to receive a full-color banner customized just for your fanfic! (Or anything else you'd like to advertise/a cool banner with your name on it, etc.) See below for the banner artists to choose from and examples of their work!

If you'd rather have reviews than art, you can request three of them for this tier instead.

Prize Request Guidelines

If you're eligible for a prize, please PM Negrek with who you'd like to do your review/fanart/etc., choosing from among the volunteers on the appropriate list. Note that you may not get your preferred choice of reviewer or artist; requests will be spread around reviewers/artists to ensure that none of them get swamped, and a volunteer may choose to pass on a request for any reason. If your first choice isn't going to work out, I'll look over who's available and ask if you're okay with them fulfilling your request instead, and we'll work things out from there. If you're worried about not getting your first choice reviewer/fanartist, you can request a backup choice in your PM. If you have no preference, just let me know and I'll pair you with someone who doesn't have any other requests to attend to, so you'll be first in line.

You can request a review on any fanfic you've posted on Serebii. For chapterfics, you can choose any one chapter to have the reviewer look at. The reviewer may choose to review more than that single chapter, but this is not at all an expectation. Reviewers may turn down a request if they aren't interested in your specific fic, in which case you'll be matched with a different reviewer.

For fanart, see the examples of each artist's work to get an idea of what you'll get. Note that each piece of fanart will be for a single character only. An artist may turn down your request if they aren't interesting in drawing it, in which case you'll be matched with a different artist.

Prize Volunteers

Reviews
- Ambyssin
- Bay
- Cutlerine
- lucarioknight56
- Marika_CZ
- Negrek
- RocketKnight66
- Starlight Aurate
- The Great Butler
- TickTock13
- unrepentantAuthor

Fanart
- canisaries (examples 1, 2, 3)
- DeliriousAbsol (examples 1, 2)
- DreamSayer (examples 1, 2, 3)
- Dragonfree (examples 1, 2, 3)
- NebulaDreams (examples 1, 2, 3)
- roule (examples 1, 2, 3)

Banners
- AmericanPi (examples 1, 2, 3)
- canisaries (examples 1, 2)
- Chibi Pika (example 1)

Current Players

Ambyssin - Silvally - 28
AmericanPi - Pyotr - 3
canisaries - Arcanine - 10
Chibi Pika - Palkia - 16
DeliriousAbsol - Delirious - 10
diamondpearl876 - Sai - 8
Dragonfree - Mia - 4
lucarioknight56 - Matheus - 1
Namohysip - Owen - 20
Phoenixsong - Tolgo - 5
Psychic - PikachuFan - 3
RocketKnight66 - Takato - 15
Sike Saner - Four O'Clock - 15
Starlight Aurate - Saoirse - 10
The Teller - Octillery - 6
The Walrein - Farfetch'd - 7
Umbramatic - Polly - 17
Virgil134 - Cabot - 1

Story Updates

Last edited:

AmericanPi

Write on
Signing up so I can #GiveTchaikovskyACannon

Name:
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Species: Human
Personality: Pyotr is, in a nutshell, the Super Dramatic Gay™, although there's more to him than that. A Pokémon World Romantic era composer mysteriously transported to the modern world of the Serebii Fanfic Library, Pyotr is a nervous but kind of extra middle-aged man who loves music but erroneously thinks that everything he writes is crap. He doesn't quite know how to react to the knowledge that the modern world is far more accepting of homosexuality than the time and place he is from. He's definitely happy about it, but somewhat cautious and hesitant to blatantly express the fact that he's gay.
Other Notes: He has a beard. His favorite Pokémon is Swanna.

Questions:
1. Are we allowed to review older fics, like from last year?
2. Can we claim our prizes at the end of the month?

I'm really excited for this!

canisaries

sometimes i get a deadache, yeah
ay this looks like fun, count me in

Name: Canisaries (Canis for short)
Species: Anthro Arcanine (drawing of her) (can't believe I'm actually using her for something)
Personality: (ahh man describing your own personality is really hard) Tired, snarky and introverted but still generally friendly.

The Walrein

As opening time approaches, early readers arrive to find a crudely-penned note taped to the library's doors.​

"No library 2day! mods out 4 reasons. No worry. Be back Soon.

p.s. thx 4 cookies"

Something seems off, and the waiting readers only grow more nervous as all attempts to reach the mods fail. Not content to wait for the super moderators to show up and investigate, one member of the growing crowd forces the door, and curious Serebii citizens flow into the empty library.

There are few signs of struggle: a few books toppled from their shelves, a crumb-laden tray alone on a table, a pikachu cookie with a bite out of its face lying under a chair. The moderators definitely aren't here. Did they really leave of their own accord? Were they kidnapped? Or--and this is what has the readers most worried--were they pulled into one of the stories lining the shelves?

If you combine the numbers listed in the note, you get 244 - an unremarkable number, except for the fact that the 244th day of 2018 is September 1st - which is today! Coincidence? I think not! And why would the perpetrator eat all the cookies except for that one pikachu cookie? Was it because their rapacious hunger led them to sink their teeth into what they assumed in the dark of night was a nice, juicy pikachu - only to spit it out due to being an obligate carnivore? And could they then have crumbled up all the other cookies and included that sly 'thx 4 cookies' bit in the note in a clever attempt to make us think that they were a normal, able-to-eat-cookies non-predator?

But it wasn't clever enough to fool me! Yes, I know that there's only one organization that could be behind all this: The Deep Plate. My only question now is: What's their motive for getting rid of the mods? So they're able to sneak their arbok vore into the library unchallenged? To steal the banhammers to use as meat tenderizers? Could they want to start posting cookbooks containing recipes for preparing honey-ginger glazed roast farfetch'd stuffed with pepper and orange slices and served with a side of evil? Or is it for something even more sinister?

Whatever it is, they've got another think coming if they think they can get away with this while I'm on watch! Two or three thinks, even. A whole buffet of thinks! Now, to read! Er, as soon as someone loans me their library card. My last application was rejected due to putting my address down as 'Nice try, but if you want to find out where I sleep, you'll have to work a little harder than that!'

Name: Farfetch'd
Species: Farfetch'd
Personality: Paranoid, you say? Yes, I'll admit it. I'm paranoid. If by 'paranoid' you mean alert, perspicacious, and ten times too clever for my enemies' own good. After all, I'm still alive, aren't I? My other personality traits include my dashing good looks and my devastatingly witty sense of humor.
Other: Despite the malicious libel-slander others may have told you, I can fly, and I am not afraid of heights! It's just that I take 'maintaining a low profile' very seriously, and also my leek stick is rather grungy because I'm too busy thwarting evil to replace it, so I don't like having to put in in my beak to free up a wing for flying. That's it!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
aaaaa this looks like fun. I wans't sure what character to use, as none of my avatars really would fit. So, in the end, I decided to go with...

Name: The Glorious Exalted Spatial One... ah, just kidding, Palkia is fine.
Species: Space Incarnate
Personality: Oh my, seems that your precious mods have gone missing, hm? Much as I'd like to take credit, I wasn't the one who spirited them away. But I suppose I could lend a claw to help you find them. You know, I've always held a certain fondness for the way you humans craft these fictional worlds out of nothingness. Weaving the threads of imaginary lives as they twist and turn, intersect, and snap. It's almost like manipulating the threads in the real world! Well... almost. But you might even have the edge on me there--were your mods lost in one of my innumerable worlds, I'd have no trouble finding them. But the realm of the fictional? That is your domain isn't it? Just be sure to keep things ~interesting~, won't you all?
Other Notes: Doesn't always need to take on its physical draconic form, feel free to portray it as some kind of messed-up extradimensional abstraction. Since its powers could otherwise break the plot, feel free to make it deliberately unhelpful. Basically just a troll with a soft spot for ordinary beings doing extraordinary things.

Last edited:

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Yeah no, I can't resist getting in on this. 8D

Name: Four O'Clock (Four for short)
Species: Cutiefly
Personality: Generally cheerful, yet quiet. Fearless, in a "doesn't know to be afraid" kind of way. Wouldn't hurt a fly--but most things aren't flies.
Other Notes: Extra fluffy. Can pick up and manipulate things with her little buggy feet... sort of. Provided they're smaller than she is, of course.

Psychic

Really and truly
I must lend a hand in helping rescue the fic mods!

Name: PikachuFan
Personality: Somewhat new to the fan fiction world, PikachuFan's enthusiasm and cheerfulness seems to know no bounds. She's incredibly friendly, sometimes to the point of being a bit overbearing. She's still learning the ropes, and is very self-conscious about being new, being so much younger than everyone else, and making mistakes (which she does, often), though she tries to hide it.
Other Notes: PikachuFan wears a smiling Pikachu mask at all times. She's a pre-teen, and is still getting used to just being herself and not being embarrassed about literally everything ever. She proudly declares that her friends can call her "Pika," even if her definition of "friend" isn't very strict.

Huge thank you to Negrek for running this, and all the contributing reviewers and artists! Can't wait to see how this goes!

~Psychic

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Alternate Reality Gaming? In MY fanfic community?! I'm in. Let's throw Owen through a portal and have him struggle to get back home!

Name: Charmander Owen
Species: Charmander
Personality: Owen is a docile, but honorable fighter who wants nothing more than to evolve. Unfortunately, he's not very good at it. Despite his strength, his body just didn't seem to evolve when it normally should. Still, he doesn't let it define him. He enjoys going on explorations to help those in need, or to apprehend those that cause trouble. His vision for his life is to get into the Thousand Heart Association so he can officially rescue as many troubled persons as possible, arrest all the outlaws that rise from the muck, and recover as many lost items as he can hold. Then, he'll retire as a librarian of the world's biggest book collection, and spend the rest of his days reading in peace. Perhaps he'll volunteer at the training grounds, too.

Other notes: "P-please, I just want to go home. What is this place? What's this book? I woke up next to it. I think something's wrong. I--I think I got sucked into some kind of portal because of one of Nevren's crazy experiments. This book might be a portal to my world! I need to go back! Mom's gonna kill me! M-mods, right? Are they the deities of your world? I--I'll do anything I can to help find them! Maybe they can correct all this! A-and, um, a-are these books made out of Rawst Leaves? Or do I need to cover my tail?"

canisaries

sometimes i get a deadache, yeah
M-mods, right? Are they the deities of your world?

yes. MODS == GODS

Anyway, here comes the first review! It's of PMD: Dissolution by Knightfall. This should qualify me for a review if I understood correctly, and I'd like one for whatever the latest chapter of Seiren is when the request is taken up (link in my description). I have no preference on the reviewer.

As for my weapon, can I get uhhhhhhhh gun

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Awesome, it looks like we've got a great batch of characters already! Just FYI, I'm on vacation for a couple of days, so sorry if it takes me a little while to get back to you. Real quick, a couple notes:

1. Yes, you can review old fics! Any fic in the fanfic section is fair game, even if it's in Completed Fics or hasn't been updated for a while.
2. You can request your prizes at the end if you'd like. The only thing is that some of the volunteers might have gotten booked up at that point, so you might not get your first/second choice if there was anyone in particular you wanted a review from, etc.

Also, a couple of you are eligible for prizes already, so just PM me whenever you'd like them assigned! canisaries' post is a good example of how to do it, except in the future please PM me instead of posting in the thread. It's easier for me to keep track of the requests when they're each in a separate conversation in my inbox.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Okay, sure, fine, I'll bite. Maybe I can get up to 15 if I employ MAXIMUM EFFORT. But which character to pick? Which character to pick? Ah, the heck with it...

Name: Silvally
Species: (see above)
Personality: Generally cheerful and good-natured. Wants to help out anyone around him in any way that he can, though the reality is he's mostly trying to put on a happy face and work hard since he knows he can't age and, thus, is doomed to outlive his friends. If you do something to tick him off (like, say, trash talk his friends or attack him), then his savage side is likely to come out. Not afraid to make an advance on another 'mon if they seem interesting, regardless of species. Generally has a good opinion about meeting someone new... except Legendary and Mythical 'mons. He's ambivalent about them, since the only reason he exists is because they apparently suck at their jobs.
"Well, my friends and I have been dealing with baddies that can tear open wormholes. Necrozma must've pulled a dirty trick and sent me into one. I'll bet an Ultra Wormhole is responsible for the disappearances here. I may not have Shane's investigative background, but I'll lend a claw however I can."
Other Notes: Has a looplet with Arceus' wheel insignia on it for type changing. Sometimes changes type to match emotion (e.g. fire memories turn on when he's angry, water memories turn on when he's upset, grass memories turn on when he's happy, etc.).

"I even brought a couple of these 're-view' thingamagjis to fortify our strength! Take a look..."

System:Reboot (PMD)
But...

lucarioknight56

Recorder of Tales
I've needed a good excuse to get into reviewing, and this is it!

Name: Matheus
Species: Lucario
Personality: Tends to be in a good mood and often doesn't see things in a bad light. He enjoys helping others, although, due to his status as a Legend of Equivos, he doesn't often get the opportunity. Still, he likes taking a physical approach to many problems, whether it be training or demonstrations--he thinks best when he can see or feel it. Also, because of his near-immortality, he is often reckless in his approach to encounters, such as charging headway into battle instead of picking off enemies one by one. It is difficult to get on his bad side, as he often shrugs off insults and fires them back; he rarely takes comments about himself personally. The only thing that can get him down is when he has the opportunity to serve and he fails to take it, which he can dwell on for extended periods of time and hinder his performance.
"Well, this a fine kettle of Feebas. Hoopa messed up big time. Oh well, I'll work with it; I like going to new places anyway! And of course, meeting the natives--and maybe having a good brawl or two, if and when that happens."
Extra: He has silver fur instead of blue and wears leather clothing over his waist, chest/arms, along with a hat. Despite being near-immortal, he can still be physically harmed, even if he can heal quickly. Also, while he might have great survival and combat skills, he is rather lacking in strategy and what he sees as 'impractical knowledge'.
"What's this, a library? I remember skipping out on reading classes way back when, but I can read a decent novel or two. And you say we need to find these 'mods', and we have to 'review'? Can't be worse than reviewing Guild paperwork. Ugh, what a drag. One of the few things I legitimately hate.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
"O-okay, I think I'm getting the hang of this," Owen said, carefully rounding the corner. He ended up keeping his tail pressed against his back using some tape he found in the supply room. The flame didn't hurt, and while it was a bit awkward to move with his tail curled enough to press the tip to his spine, it at least kept the library safe. He was still mentally trying to figure out how to keep the library from burning if he ever needed to attack. Most of his techniques were fiery in some way. Perhaps if he found something to put flames out?

"G-guys! I found two more works, but I don't know if anything important is in it for where the mods went. Um, here." Owen placed his notes on the table. "I'm gonna go find more!" He spun around and sprinted down the halls.

The Missing One [T, mystery, shortfic]
But... [One-Shot] [New author, for Choose Your Weapon]

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
(I may not be able to participate much, but eh, I'll throw my hat in. Helps to prolong the procrastination.)

“A-and what’s wrong with Arbok vore?! It’s a perfectly a-acceptable form of fanfiction and shouldn’t be discriminated a-against just because of a strong bias from a moderator in power!” Octillery DeVillain says, glancing nervously from one library member to another.

‘Serves them right,’ thought Octillery to himself. ‘Not everyone is available to submit stories during the library’s open hours. They should’ve been more considerate of those of us who can only submit stories during the middle of the night!’

“A-anyway, did a-anyone leave any of their banhammers behind? I’ve been trying to become a mod here forever, but they keep rejecting my a-application, and I heard that having a banhammer a-automatically makes one a mod. It’s like that one video game, with the sword that’s also a key…”

Octillery then makes another round of glances at everyone.

“Not like I intended to steal one to forcefully become a moderator myself, of course!”

Octillery then notices the tray of cookies past.

“A-ah! A tray full of crumbs! Were they also having a…a cookie party without me?! The tray’s been picked clean, which means…they must’ve all been freshly baked, warm and moist, chocolate chip cookies! But this Pikachu cookie that hasn’t been eaten. The one eye…it’s a raisin! This cookie was a raisin cookie in disguise! Surely this isn’t a vital clue as to the whereabouts of the now ceased-to-be-here moderators! It simply…snuck into the batch. Yes, that’s it.”

Name: Octillery DeVillain

Species: Octillery

Personality: Poor, poor Octillery DeVillain. He really is innocent and all, but he can’t help but to say and do things that paint him out to be the true villain of it all. Not that he means to. A bit shy and reserved, when he says things, he thinks they’re very important things to say, though thanks to his peculiar speech impediment, it tends to come across as him being very unsure of what he has to say. He thinks the true mastermind behind the disappearances is already among them, and thus is easily distrustful.

Other notes: Surprisingly, Octillery DeVillain has 8 arms. This means he can multitask many things (perhaps up to 8 things) without the need for psychic powers. This might prove useful for the writers. He can also squeeze into tiny nooks and crannies, ones Pokémon much smaller than him cannot crawl into. This might prove less useful for the writers.

(I know you were all thinking "Gee, I sure hope The Teller doesn't find out about this and injects their name-brand quirkiness and madness into it and muck it all up for the main writer/s by intentionally playing the Chaotic Neutral card." It's okay. I forgive you.)

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
"Wait, are we actually supposed to be doing stuff? Shane mentioned there was this weird thing back in the human world called a 'role play' where you act like you're doing something import. But I didn't think that was what was going on here. Besides, even if I look like a canine, I don't have a nose, so I can't really sniff out any clues."

(Seriously, I didn't think this was an RP...)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
"Wait, are we actually supposed to be doing stuff? Shane mentioned there was this weird thing back in the human world called a 'role play' where you act like you're doing something import. But I didn't think that was what was going on here. Besides, even if I look like a canine, I don't have a nose, so I can't really sniff out any clues."

(Seriously, I didn't think this was an RP...)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation
(I don't think it is. I just made all that up for funsies and because The Walrein did it first.)

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Oooh I can't resist getting in on this!

Name: Saoirse (pronounced Seer-sha)
Species: Selkie
Personality: I'm a human on land, and turn into a seal in the water, which makes me perfect at getting away with whatever I've got. Keep your valuables close at hand, because my hands have a tendency to nick whatever is around that I like, be it gold, jewelry, or any knick-knacks that catch my eye. People often compare me to a D&D rogue--I take what I like, but I know how to be stealthy about it. Being a thief doesn't mean I lack morals, though; I'm a devout Church Militant (Deus Vult!), which caused a bit of an identity crisis when I took into account the fact that I'm a magical being. I don't kill unless in defense, and I'll protect my loved ones (and beliefs) to the cold, bitter end.
Other Notes: Saoirse can turn into a seal in the water... which doesn't help much when she's in a library. She's got quite an identity crisis going on, especially with "Though Shallt Not Steal" and her impulsive theft. She usually manages two drinks before getting into intense religious debates.

Signing up so I can #GiveTchaikovskyACannon

Name:
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Personality: Pyotr is, in a nutshell, the Super Dramatic Gay™, although there's more to him than that. A Pokémon World Romantic era composer mysteriously transported to the modern world of the Serebii Fanfic Library, Pyotr is a nervous but kind of extra middle-aged man who loves music but erroneously thinks that everything he writes is crap. He doesn't quite know how to react to the knowledge that the modern world is far more accepting of homosexuality than the time and place he is from. He's definitely happy about it, but somewhat cautious and hesitant to blatantly express the fact that he's gay.
Other Notes: He has a beard. His favorite Pokémon is Swanna.
I love everything about this so much.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
RocketKnight66 has been added to the list of reviewing volunteers, and canisaries is offering both fanart and banners! Thanks to both of them for helping out with the prizes.

About RPing: you're welcome to do so if you'd like! I'll do my best to incorporate what you write into the weekly updates. However, this is not a real RP and nothing beyond the initial character sign-up is required, so don't feel obligated if you aren't interested. Do whatever would be the most fun for you! If you would like to do some RPing, please only do so in posts where you're either signing up or claiming points; I think having pure-RPing posts would be in danger of overwhelming the posts I need to keep track of in order to determine points, prizes, and so on. The way people have been handling it thus far is just fine.

RocketKnight66

404: Consistent Schedule not Found
Name: Takato
Species: Pikachu
Personality: Upbeat and energetic, Takato tackles new adventures with optimism and enthusiasm. He's tough, determined, and extremely stubborn, never giving up no matter how difficult the situation is. He also has a strong sense of justice and will go out of his way to help anyone in trouble, even if it's arguably stupid to do so. However, he's rash and not the brightest, often running headlong into fights without thinking and getting himself into trouble. He is also rather impatient, and doesn't like idly sitting around. He has a bit of a snarky side and likes to joke around a lot.
Other Notes: One of them fancy humans turned Pokémon everyone keeps hearing about. However, he has retained his memories from being a human. He wears a green scarf.

"Ugh, my head... I really need to lay off the berry ju-" Takato cut himself off as he quickly realized that he was in fact not at the Pokémon Village, but rather a library. "What the?..." He looked in confusion at his surroundings. "Huh, talk about weird... I'm definitely not in Kansas anymore. What is this place, anyway?" He walked around a bit to survey the area. "...Well, whatever it is, I gotta find a way out. I'm betting Aya is pretty worried."

However, after searching around for a few minutes and asking the others that had also wound up there, He learned that there was only one option, and he wasn't going to like it.
Takato stared at the books and groaned in frustration. "...Seriously? I have to read and review all of these?... Ugh, I had enough of that back in school." Knowing he had to do it however, he sighed, accepting his fate. "...Fine, I'll give it a shot. Who knows? Maybe this won't be so bad."

(This is gonna be a bit of a challenge for me because I haven't reviewed much before, but I'm looking forward to checking out more of the fics on this site, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this goofy little plotline! ^_^)

Last edited: