• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missing Mod Madness: A Reviewing Roleplay Game

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Polly stares at her current book quizzically. "What's this about lawyers?"

-----

Reviewed So Close for the weekly challenge! As for the plan of attack... Still evacuate people and/or fight.

+1

Total: 14

canisaries

sometimes i get a deadache, yeah
Reviewed Black Paint chapter one! +1
Total: 7
Gonna try to hit the 10 point mark before the month ends. Three to go. Pray4me

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Polly is looking over another book. "Seafaring Pokemon in a Pokemon-only world? Intriguing..."

-------

I reviewed Fledglings! Finally!

+1

Total: 15

I think that's my last prize...

RocketKnight66

404: Consistent Schedule not Found

canisaries

Reviewed the prologue of Mongrels in Castelia! +1
Total: 8
Two more to go. This just might work.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Pokemon:Life

And for the weekly challenge: [E] [Poetry] Painful Butterflies

Running total: 7

Plan of action: Attack!! And then run away like the knights of the Round Table

"Slime aliens? That's awesome! Hey, Peter, come and put your cannon to use!"

The aged man grumbles that his name is "Pyotr," but Saoirse hardly pays attention. She's so excited to fight against these things! She can finally unleash the TRUE potential of her Super Attack Pea!

"Deus vult!!!"

canisaries

Reviewed chapter 3 of Pokemon:Life! +1
Total: 9. We are so close bros.

Last edited:

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Polly brings in another book.

"A Grass-type Charmeleon? How odd. Also that Mew is annoyingly familiar...

~You got that right,~ said Metagross.

------
I reviewed PMD: Hands Of Creation!

+1

Total: 16

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
As much as I’d love to continue the RPing, since I don’t know what happens in part 3 of the story, I can’t really come up with something accurate for Octillery DeVillain to do in part 4. So, here’s the three reviews I’ve done:

Dear Purrloin, (one-shot)
Caillou and the New Neighbor (one-shot)
Cry Wolf (Original One-Shot)

That’s 3 points, which puts me up to a whopping 6 points! And who knows? There may be more reviews before the first…

Anyway, as for that “Make your final stand!”…

Assuming Octillery winds up in the TRR base and is confronted with the aliens along with Farfetch’d and the human AND does something seemingly villainous but ultimately valuable AND Farfetch’d and the human are dispatched and now it’s all up to DeVillain…DeVillain’s Final Stand maneuver is……

to call up every/almost every villain/antagonist used in the story thus far for help, and to make an epic, stereotypically villainous but still somehow virtuously heroic speech to all the villains who bother to show up, before siccing them all on the aliens and scurrying away to a safe distance and hoping everything just kinda resolves itself and he’s rewarded with the rank of “moderator” by sheer fact that he’s the only survivor on either end!

…I never said DeVillain was a nice person…octopus.

canisaries

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Panicked thoughts filled Owen's mind while inside the Horizon continent, yet just outside the book, a passerby Samaritan saw the scattered notes of the Charmander's findings. He gathered them up and passed them along with the rest of his findings -- it seemed that in Owen's rush to get to finding the Mods, he forgot to log in some of his research...

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light
Black Paint
The Defense Of Rainbow Rocket HQ (A Story Without Mods In It) [One-Shot]
[One-Shot] Legends
Pokemon:Life
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light, Special Episode 1

Total: +6
Grand total: 20

Well! Would you look at that. 20 points! But I think if I get something from the high tier, I can't actually get the lower tier prizes as well, if I'm reading the rules right (i.e. I can't get fanart + a banner or whatever) but that's just fine. I need a banner, or maybe even a story cover that'd be FFN compatible? Everyone here has all these fancy banners and stuff, and I've just got a bunch of Serebii sprites. And that's gonna be a MESS in a few chapters from now! So... I'mma grab that banner. Once I figure out what direction I want it to go.... Hmm...

Also, I don't really know what to have Owen do for the "last stand" bit since I don't know what the next update is, but I imagine he'd do something pretty resourceful or clever during his last stand. A mere Charmander, he's not very strong, so his wits will be his key asset.

Dragonfree

Just me
Well! Would you look at that. 20 points! But I think if I get something from the high tier, I can't actually get the lower tier prizes as well, if I'm reading the rules right (i.e. I can't get fanart + a banner or whatever) but that's just fine. I need a banner, or maybe even a story cover that'd be FFN compatible? Everyone here has all these fancy banners and stuff, and I've just got a bunch of Serebii sprites. And that's gonna be a MESS in a few chapters from now! So... I'mma grab that banner. Once I figure out what direction I want it to go.... Hmm...
I'm actually pretty sure you get all the prizes. Like, one review for getting one point, one fanart (or review) for getting five points, a second review and second fanart for getting ten points, and then a banner for getting fifteen points.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Dragonfree is correct. The prizes are like tiers that you unlock, not point-buys, and they're cumulative; you get all of them, not just the "best" one you qualify for.

As far as the timeline goes, I'm still working on the next update, which I'll post tomorrow. The reviewing period ends tonight, midnight EST, in about twelve hours. However, because the update won't be posted, if you completed the weekly challenge before midnight Sunday I'll give you until Tuesday, October 2nd to say what exactly what you'd like to do for that, so you'll have a day or so after the update's posted. You can either wait to say what you'll do for the challenge until after the update's been posted, or you can come up with an initial action and then change it before the end of Tuesday if what's in the update makes you want to do something different. I'll then aim to get the last update out on Saturday, which is also the last day for claiming prizes for the game.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Took much longer than I would have liked, but I’m here to sign up right on time!

Name: Cabot
Species: Cranidos
Personality: Cheery, optimistic, yet naive. Has a strong desire to go on adventure, meaning exploring new areas, helping others in need, and fighting bad guys. He signed up for his world’s navy because of that.
Other Notes: Wears an indigo scarf with a white leaf on it as a member of the Royal Navy.

I reviewed System: Reboot, which qualifies me for week 1’s challenge. The weapon I’m choosing is a Monkey Bomb. It’s basically a cymbal monkey with dynamite strapped to its back with the purpose of distracting enemies. You wind it up, throw it, it makes music to distract enemies and then blows up when the tune is done. Not the sort of weapon Cabot would ever choose, but he’s just gonna have to deal with what he gets.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Polly rushes in with a book. "Dark types! Dark types and Dark Obscura can beat the aliens!"

<I think she's losing it,> said Dunsparce.

-----------------

Reviewed Foul Play!

+1

Total: 17

That's probably my last review for the event; good luck everyone else!

The Walrein

Okay, I completed the challenge with my review of chapters 1-3 of Daydream Believer, a completed and non-pokemon fic! I also scored one point for a review of chapter 1 of Black Paint, and one more point for a review of chapter 1 of Hunter, Haunted, which brings me up to 7 points total.

I'll post what I want Farfetch'd's 'final stand' action to be after I see the update on Monday.

RocketKnight66

404: Consistent Schedule not Found
Managed to get a couple more in, I just managed to hit that magic number of fifteen! ^_^

[One-Shot] Legends (For the challenge)
Mongrels in Castelia

As for what Takato's last-stand will be, I will figure that out after the story update.