• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Missing Routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been bugging me for a while now. In the end of G/S/C theres about 60 routes, In Hoenn, you start at route 100 IIRC. So, what happened to those 40 routes that dissappered in the time between a generation?

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Well, they could have used those routes for The Orange Islands.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hm, maybe they used them for the Shinou region? Probably not, but possible.

Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill said:
Well, they could have used those routes for The Orange Islands.
Then the missing routs would have been between Kanto and Jhoto, and not Jhoto and Hoenn

PDL

disenchanted
yeah... those routes don't exist at all.

the reason is that it shows that Hoenn isn't connected to Kanto/Jotho regions. They use an entirely separete road system

much like how roads in San Fransico don't connect to any roads in New York.

and the Sevii island's roads aren't even refered to as routes. They have clever little names like "Pattern Bush" or "Cape Brink".

Do the Sevii Islands have routes?
No, there all named stuff like "Water Path", kinda dodging bullets there the programers were
Edit: Damn, beaten

Naraku_Diabolos

DNC20/NIN10
Steel_Expert said:
WEll, what abou that part at the Northern Cerulean where the road after Bill's house goes on?

Yeah, that caught my attention as well. The route goes up to that point and then abruptly stops. There are no other routes above 25. That is odd... I never noticed it until you mentioned it, Steel_Expert.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I've also saw that if you go to the top right corner of Cherygrove City, you see a body of water that you are unable to get to. At first I thought it was connected to the northern water but no.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
The water above Azelea didn't prove too good a test. I didn't have a true walk thru walls on, so, I used an..enhancement that allowed me to hop over each obstacle. Well, I hopped over the trees, and crossed into the water. I walked across the water, and I had what seemed like an infinite stream of random graphical objects, but what really got me was that there were blocking things programmed into it, and if I had explored, I probably would have found warps. Anyway, I held space bar in order to excellerate my speed of walking, and, after about 30 seconds of walking at 5,000% faster than normal, I reached an exact copy of Azelea. Same everything. Same connections, same graphics, same events, same warps. It's like I ran around the pokemon world in 80 seconds. D:

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
The water above Azelea didn't prove too good a test. I didn't have a true walk thru walls on, so, I used an..enhancement that allowed me to hop over each obstacle. Well, I hopped over the trees, and crossed into the water. I walked across the water, and I had what seemed like an infinite stream of random graphical objects, but what really got me was that there were blocking things programmed into it, and if I had explored, I probably would have found warps. Anyway, I held space bar in order to excellerate my speed of walking, and, after about 30 seconds of walking at 5,000% faster than normal, I reached an exact copy of Azelea. Same everything. Same connections, same graphics, same events, same warps. It's like I ran around the pokemon world in 80 seconds. D:

Wow. O>O. THat'ssomethin'. amazing. At least it turned out to be something.

Charizard_Fire_God

*tiwts widdw head*
Dunno... tch, hopefully they'll be introduced in Diamond/Pearl...

Status
Not open for further replies.