• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Swampertbreeder45

<Why fear Tyranitar?
No.

Elastiviolet said:
I've heard that if you catch Missingno and train it, it evolves into Kangaskhan. Did I miss something?
;115; No, you didn't. I got the same thing. A Kangaskhan with 2 Sky Attacks, Water Gun, and I think a Siesmic Toss is what I got. Also there is a glicth where if your party is full and you catch Missingno, it goes to your pc, but can't get it out. Why? Explantion plz.;068; Plus, rate my team, Emerald Team Rates.;347;

Edited because of spelling mistake.

Last edited:

pharaohguy530

The one and only.
NO, Mega Trickster. It would just do the succesful, "Gotcha! Pikachu was caught!" And then pop out. It didn't go to the added to pokedex thing either. It would look like its completely captured, and then pop out. All 4 pings. Then pop out, no matter what I used.
Anyways, new weird glitch thing. Or not.
When you use dig,check out your charcter when he is flying up. (This is in Green, BTW.) He just becomes a bunch of letters.

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
pharaohguy530 said:
NO, Mega Trickster. It would just do the succesful, "Gotcha! Pikachu was caught!" And then pop out. It didn't go to the added to pokedex thing either. It would look like its completely captured, and then pop out. All 4 pings. Then pop out, no matter what I used.
Anyways, new weird glitch thing. Or not.
When you use dig,check out your charcter when he is flying up. (This is in Green, BTW.) He just becomes a bunch of letters.

The letter things happen in RBY as well.

silver girl

Once I was surfing from Cinnabar Island to Alabaster Town. One step before I could go on land some wild pkmn came. After I'd defeated it, i wanted to go on land, but then the screen and music stopped for some seconds and then I was suddenly standing on land - and still with the surf-pkmn sprite and surf music. And the coolest was I could go through fences and people! But when I wanted to discover what is next to the maps we see normally, my game crashed. And that glitch never happened again.
THE END
xD

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
I rescently read this interesting article on the origins of MissingNo. and why you can find strange pokemon in the water. Lemme try to find the link...
http://www.hostultra.com/~mewtwofan/index.php?id=missingno
Mainly, MissingNo. was created by the developers in order to test the mechanics of catching pokemon and what-not, but was never removed acidentally.

I surfed seafoam's eastern coast to find my MissingNo., but I never found an 'M...I was always confused about this until I read the article--I had just chosen the wrong name, or something...

So, anyways, my question: I surfed Seafoam's east coast to find MissingNo., others have found him on Ciannbar (spelling)'s coast...are there any other documented places of finding one? I tend to think that they would be found in places where the developers coded the game to allow for pokemon to be found there, but did not specify which ones could be found--thereby allowing for pokemon such as MissingNo. ...

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Headshot-Jackal465 said:
I rescently read this interesting article on the origins of MissingNo. and why you can find strange pokemon in the water. Lemme try to find the link...
http://www.hostultra.com/~mewtwofan/index.php?id=missingno
Mainly, MissingNo. was created by the developers in order to test the mechanics of catching pokemon and what-not, but was never removed acidentally.

I surfed seafoam's eastern coast to find my MissingNo., but I never found an 'M...I was always confused about this until I read the article--I had just chosen the wrong name, or something...

So, anyways, my question: I surfed Seafoam's east coast to find MissingNo., others have found him on Ciannbar (spelling)'s coast...are there any other documented places of finding one? I tend to think that they would be found in places where the developers coded the game to allow for pokemon to be found there, but did not specify which ones could be found--thereby allowing for pokemon such as MissingNo. ...

Alot of people know they are placeholders by now.

And Seafoam Island's and Cinnabar's strips of land are the only place to make them appear the normal way. The other way is the Extended Mew Trick.

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
Right, thanks...sorry to post unneeded info, tho...Im new here.

But I only rescently found out that Cinnabar island had the same effect. I always did it on seafoam.

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Headshot-Jackal465 said:
Right, thanks...sorry to post unneeded info, tho...Im new here.

But I only rescently found out that Cinnabar island had the same effect. I always did it on seafoam.

Well if you want to know why then sit tight.

When translating the games for America/everywhere else but Japan they made 2 mistakes, forgetting to program what Pokemon appear on those two strips of land. This how stuff like Missingno., 'M, and the Safari Glitch came to be found.
Ugh blah blah blah visit www.trsrockin.com i dont feel like explaining the whole damn thing.

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
Research I have done on the subject of the Lv100+ pokemon that exist near Cinnabar suggests to find Mewtwo and Alakazam on Cinnabar, have the name DAVID

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
pantom-shiny-bulbasaur said:
Research I have done on the subject of the Lv100+ pokemon that exist near Cinnabar suggests to find Mewtwo and Alakazam on Cinnabar, have the name DAVID

For anyone who wants to do something like that without wasting so much time can check out this R/B Hex List that will make what Pokemon appear at Cinnabar/Seafoam according to your name. Use symbols at your own risk as they make glitched trainers appear that can be very harmful to the game.

The Mighty Wurmple

I found a glitch! Although it's a glitch within a glitch city..So...It's probably the 655635th time it's happened :/
I was playing around with glitch city today and I found a tree!
I went to cut it down, and I did.And again...And Again!
The tree kept growing back as soon as I cut it down!
Anyway, you've probably had it happen to you :\

Aeroglyphix

lol hai guise :0
When I was looking for a MISSINGNO. I found some level 160 Charmeleons level 180 Porygons and there were no level 80 MISSINGNO.'S there were only level 160.

Liam-Kun

My precious!
I can only find muks T.T

Ampris

Slip slidin'
I'm not sure about Glitch City, but there are a few sites with info on it. TR's Rockin' is a good one.

Angel Latias just told me about something she remembered from her Yellow game. She was around Misty's gym, and her pikachu was angry at being left in the box. After losing to Misty and going outside, pikachu shocked the character and there were flashing thunder effects.
She isn't sure if it was a dream or really happened, so if someone would care to test this we'd be grateful.

For some reason on my yellow whenever I go to glitch city, my Pikachu never gets p*ssed when I fly back to Kanto..>_>

Oh and TigerClaw, that's happened to me as well. People moving Backwards and Sideways. o_O