• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Kingudora

My favourite
i like the newer mew glitch
one blue, ive electabuzz and lv 7 aricuno

Smeargle_the_painter

no shinies ;_;
i heard that if you use a master ball on a level 21 growlithe it will break out of the master ball o_O is this true? my brother told me, so i think its crap.

KamiKazi Games

Hardcore Typhlosion!
Finally, after months of hard glitchzoring, i have traded a missingno to my gold. Once it got to my gold, it said, "Your game appears to be unstable, please reset.". I did as i was asked, reset, went back in, checked my party and there was a pokemon there called Missingno! ok, so that's cool. I check it's summary. The cry of a Noctowl, the top half of the sprite was a glitched gengar, the bottom half a shiny pidgey. I thought i might try to battle with it (it's level 0), i run into a wild pokemon, bam game freezes. i reset, nothing, the game doesn't respond. I repeat doing so until it finally got to the main menu....then froze again.

MORAL: do not try to be a **** like me and mess up your pokemon versions. My gold no longer works.

EDIT: i have posted this in the r/b/y instead of g/s/c BECAUSE the missingno i traded to gold was from my red version.

Last edited:

Deucalion

Have a nice day!
I have 999 steps in the Safari Zone on my Red. The Downside? There is not one Pokemon in the damned Safari Zone! It is an empty area! Not even a Nidoran! That is why you should never use the Mew Trick then go into the Safari Zone halfway through. "Sobs" I never got a Chansey...

Staryu

I know, I know..
Eh. I looked at my Hall of Fame in red yesterday, and it's just like cut up pokemon sprites everywhere, then Missingno, then blank with Pokemon center noises/different city noises, then a level 292 Parasect ><

Staryu said:
Eh. I looked at my Hall of Fame in red yesterday, and it's just like cut up pokemon sprites everywhere, then Missingno, then blank with Pokemon center noises/different city noises, then a level 292 Parasect ><
That happens if you run into 'M' or Missingno. once you've beaten your game..just incase you didn't know.

Chaos Wolf

The classic
I remember a odd glitch that occured in my blue version. I was having trouble in the safari zone (kept catching nidorans). so I switched to another box.I caught chansey. I saved it and the next time I check there isn't a single pokemon in any of the boxes except for the one I had been on. there goes charizard, the legendary bird and the rest. I reset it after that.

thorn_SL

I feel missigno made the past games to easy. Thats why I'm hooked to the latest gen games.

Deucalion

Have a nice day!
Ever tried battling a missingno. while using Ditto? Don't! When you use Transform, Ditto's picture pixelates, and goes all wierd. It's moves become Egue Champ, which is probably cut from League Champion, and Ter Types, (The comma is part of it), which I assume is from Water Types,. Egue Champ deleted my save data, and when I tried it again Ter Types, turns the missingno. into a Bird Catcher image. If you run after using Ter Types, all moving sprites except yours are gone. That means no trainers, no moving Pokemon, the sea water doesn't move and so on. On the upside, after doing this, if you trade the Ditto to Gold, Silver, or Crystal it will always be Shiny.

♪Crystal Mew♪

Mr. ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
If I remember right Ditto transforms just fine... with Sky Attack Water Gun and Water Guy...

maybe transforming into ▒M'▒ is bad

PikachuRocks4Ever

Pikachu Trainer
Hey is it true you can trade Missingno into pokemon stadium and It'll look like a substitute doll?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I fought Oak in my Blue quite a few times. Five out of six of his Pokemon were Missingnos of different shapes and sizes, and the sixth was a Flareon with a slightly glitched up tail. They were all at level 38 or so, so I beat them easily every time.

Who knew Oak liked glitchy Pokemon? xD.
Hey is it true you can trade Missingno into pokemon stadium and It'll look like a substitute doll?
Never bothered to try it, probably never will.

gscsquirtlefan

Soul Trainer
before i start, i havent used the mew glitch or the missingno thing. a friend used a gameshark on my pak several years ago, and since then i've restarted the game a few times.

i was trading over the high level pokemon from my red version to my crystal to save them and restart my red via pokemon stadium 2. on my red version i had pokemon in boxes 1 and 2, my party, and for some reason box 13. red version doesnt even have a box 13, but inside were four level 2 "normal" dittos not holding any items, and a level 40 weedle that knows petal dance, hi jump kick, submission, and stun spore holding a pokeball.

is this from the gameshark way back when? or is it some glitch because pokemon stadium was giving it two extra boxes?

Last edited:

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Golden_Latias said:
I fought Oak in my Blue quite a few times. Five out of six of his Pokemon were Missingnos of different shapes and sizes, and the sixth was a Flareon with a slightly glitched up tail. They were all at level 38 or so, so I beat them easily every time.

Who knew Oak liked glitchy Pokemon? xD.

Never bothered to try it, probably never will.

I think I know what happened here but I need info.
1. what was in the 3,5,7 slot of your name?
2. was it on the cinibar coast place?
the missingno glitch includes over level 100 pokemon symbols result in glitch trainers that could posibly delete your game. also gym leaders are sometimes in these symbols so when you beat them you sometimes get their badge!!
btw missingno/m in stadium looks like the sub. doll but I've tried and can't use it in battle

gscsquirtlefan

Soul Trainer
i checked the trading thing again, and the box 13 changed. it now holds : level 12 weedle named "V VV" that knows poison sting, is asleep, and has OT (femalesign).. ..G that has28800 out of 34 hp

level 77 farfetch'd, no name, knows peck, paralyzed, OT 99 t' that has 32802 out of 210 hp

level 16 golduck, no name, knows clamp rolling kick and spike cannon, and OT V T, and has 8256 out of 51 hp, holding a friend ball

level 100 ditto, no name, knows transform, normal, OT n99999, and has 3320 out of 26 hp/

level 2 kadabra, no name, knows bite and hi jump kick, paralyzed, OT 12208, and has 14336 out of 16 hp.

so all have a weird OT, all have paralysis or sleep, all have abnormal hp, and all but ditto know weird moves (weedle doesnt know string shot).

has this happened to anyone else?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
shiny charizard master said:
the missingno glitch includes over level 100 pokemon symbols result in glitch trainers that could posibly delete your game. also gym leaders are sometimes in these symbols so when you beat them you sometimes get their badge!!
btw missingno/m in stadium looks like the sub. doll but I've tried and can't use it in battle
1.This was years ago, I don't remember.
2.Yes, but I don't think it deleted my game.

And I remember my brother's team got destroyed by a level 111 Drowzee, too.

EDIT:New rank! Finally!

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
shiny charizard master said:

1. In the 3,5,7 slot of your name were the characters which determinned which pokemon/trainers you would face when doing the missingno. trick. eg. DAVIDdy would give you: Mewtwo, Alakazam and Ghost Missingno.

2. Yes, the Cinnabar coast is the most common place where the trick is done, but it also works on the Seafoam coast.

V

violetriot

why are glitches so amazing, ive tryed the glitch city one anf your can hardly move?