• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Roy_the_Rukario

Back By Popular Vote
Someone said:
EDIT: I have a nice story to tell about my experience with the link cable. X3 I completely had forgotten about this to. XD Ok well my friend and I wanted to battle my Red Version against my Blue Version. Being the complete dope she was then she actually stuck the Red Version into the Gameboy the wrong way... * reveresed with the sticker side facing the back of the Gameboy into the slot* And the game got stuck... I got it out with a knife , and then we began the link battle. Well just before I defeated her final Pokemon in the line up , the Pokemon fainted and then it said "* what ever the name was of Red in my Red Version* Sent out Arcanine!" And then it fainted and sent out another Arcanine , and it kept doing the same thing over and over. It'd get sent out and then faint automatically. XD

Err....knives are dangerous. To people and games!

S

Someone

It was the only way I could take it out of the Gameboy... I didn't wanna call Nintendo Repair Inc. ... >.> XD

oh.. that site lied then!!!
srry then

Well a lot of people lie on the internet... >.> I even heard one once that there's a block chip that blocks the Pokegods ... that's why their pics are all glitched. XD Obviously not true.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

shadowlink

Oh. So it was for testing. I see. But I still think ho-oh is in that mess.

Roy_the_Rukario

Back By Popular Vote
Well here's my basic Missingno story. No one got glitched or broken.

My dad and I play pokemon, and while i was halfway through saphire, he started to play his red version. He got to Cinnabar and tried the missingno glitch. I was laying in a hammock outside that day, and i saw missingno appear on his screen and quoted "Whoa nelly!" Later on after that, he said he caught a little person. (It was actually one of the pokemon icons for missingno other than static) He checked his stats saying it was a normal and...bird type? He was puzzled about the bird type name and he shut the game off so it wasn't glitched. missingno was gone from his game.

Unown_Crazy

Breeder Of GSC
This may seem noobish but does any one have the data (text) that tells you what letters in your name have to change the pokemon at cinnabar???

M

~-=Mewtwo=-~

bob151jr said:
================================================== =========================
HIDDEN TOWN CODES/RUMORS

1. NEON TOWN GETS VANDALIZED BY JIGGLYPUFF!

You must beat the Elite Four 50 times in a row without saving or healing.

What Happens:
Now this seems like an impossible task. If you are wondering about the
Jigglypuff stuff, Neon Town was on the TV show on the episode "The Song of
Jigglypuff". After she got a black sharpie from a sleeping Ash's backpack, she
would write all over everyone's face that fell asleep while she was singing.
As for this code, I seriously doubt the possibility of this being a code.
This is impossible... After you beat the elite four it save and heals you...

S

Someone

My dad and I play pokemon, and while i was halfway through saphire, he started to play his red version. He got to Cinnabar and tried the missingno glitch. I was laying in a hammock outside that day, and i saw missingno appear on his screen and quoted "Whoa nelly!" Later on after that, he said he caught a little person. (It was actually one of the pokemon icons for missingno other than static) He checked his stats saying it was a normal and...bird type? He was puzzled about the bird type name and he shut the game off so it wasn't glitched. missingno was gone from his game.

You have a cool dad then. My Dad is old ( 59 ) , and slow and stupid. XD

Oh. So it was for testing. I see. But I still think ho-oh is in that mess

No the block chip thing is fake. =__=() And the Bird thing was a translation error on Missingno. It was fixed later and changed to Flying.

This may seem noobish but does any one have the data (text) that tells you what letters in your name have to change the pokemon at cinnabar???

I happen to have it. XDD I'll put it here.. but don't expect it to have all the Pokemon it only has like 30 Pokemon and then it goes to trainers... >.>

A= Golduck
B=Hypno
C=Golbat
D=Mewtwo
E=Snorlax
F=Magikarp
G=Missingno.
H=Missingno.
I=Muk
J=Missingno.
K=Kingler
L=Cloyster
M='M
N=Electrode
O=Clefable
P=Weezing
Q=Persian
R=Marowak
S=Missingno.
T=Haunter
U=Abra
V=Alakazam
W=Pidgeotto
Y=Starmie
Z=Bulbasaur
(=Venasaur
)=Tentacruel
:=Missingno.
;=Goldeen
[=Seaking
]=Missingno.
a=Missingno.
b=Missingno.
c=Missingno.
d=Ponyta
e=Rapidash
f=Rattata
g=Raticate
h=Nidorino
i=Nidorina
j=Geodude
k=Porygon
l=Aerodactyl
m=?
n=Magnemite
o=Missingno.
p=Missingno.
q=Charmander
r=Squirtle
s=Charmeleon
t=Wartortle
u=Charizard
v=Missingno.
w=Kabutops Fossil Missingno.
x=Aerodactyl Fossil Missingno.
y=Missingno. ghost
z=Oddish
E ( with slash over it )= Gloom
'd=Vileplume
'l=Bellsprout
's=Weepinbell
't=Victreebel
'v= 'A' Glitch
'(Apostrophe)= battle Blackbelt
Poke ( PK SYMBOL ) = battle Gary
Mon ( MN SYMBOL )= battle Prof. Oak
-(Dash)= battle Scientist
'r=battle scientist ( again )
'm= battle Giovanni
?(Question mark)= battle Rocket Grunt
! (exclamation mark)= battle Cooltrainer MALE
.(Period)=battle Cooltrainer FEMALE
Katakana 'A'= battle Bruno
Katakana ' U '= battle Brock
Katakana ' I '= battle Misty
outline right arrow= battle LT. Surge
filled right arrow = battle Erika
Filled down arrow= battle Koga
Male symbol= battle Blaine
Pokedollar sign= battle Sabrina
x (multiplacatioin sign)= battle Gentleman
/=battle League Champ Gary
,(comma)=battle Lorelei
Female symbol= battle Channeler
0=battle Agatha
1= battle Lance

The rest is glitches that freeze your game. Well there ya go anyways. Enjoy. XD

Originally Posted by bob151jr
HIDDEN TOWN CODES/RUMORS

1. NEON TOWN GETS VANDALIZED BY JIGGLYPUFF!

You must beat the Elite Four 50 times in a row without saving or healing.

What Happens:
Now this seems like an impossible task. If you are wondering about the
Jigglypuff stuff, Neon Town was on the TV show on the episode "The Song of
Jigglypuff". After she got a black sharpie from a sleeping Ash's backpack, she
would write all over everyone's face that fell asleep while she was singing.
As for this code, I seriously doubt the possibility of this being a code.

Uhm... no what the hell? This is bull crap.

And not in Blue and Red. It doesn't save or heal your Poke's after you defeat the league. =/

N

Night crystal

my friend tried the missingno letter thing and got Giovanni.
anyway she was battling with a silver version and the silver version was battling like Giovanni 'M after she pulled the link cable(she was trying the solo link battle )
so after that i decided to solo link battle to and find more weird things bout it
i did not try it again because my game crashed and i dont want to go though the game just to screw it up for good!
by the way how to do that..

first beat/catch missingno/'m( dont remember which one :p )
then during a link battle take the link cable out and back in then out if u wish to take it out again
i warn u the game may have problems afterwards
oh and make sure the game did not do that tricked traded a pkmn

at least that is what she told me

S

Someone

I always hear people see the Giovanni sprite in Gold and Silver when they do that with the link cable... or something... >.>

N

Night crystal

;000; has many forms..not just the ghost form u find at the ghost tower or the 2 fossil forms u find at the pewter city museum

S

Someone

Yeah that's pretty much to it. =/ They still have hex numbers , the ghost and the fossil pics , but they're like... #000 aswell. Or what ever... >.> * walks away*

Roy_the_Rukario

Back By Popular Vote
Night crystal said:
;000; has many forms..not just the ghost form u find at the ghost tower or the 2 fossil forms u find at the pewter city museum

yep i guess so.

and i think the Neon Town trick is crud. It doesn't exist! it's like something stupid like:

catch ;330; in red and blue!

beat the elite 4 9869768606960 times with 5 pokemon and ;330; should appear in the last slot!.

S

shadowlink

The neon town thing is an absolute fake. You can't have enough PP for 50 E4 battles. And if it existed, there would be a GS/AR code for it. There isn't.

S

Someone

...uhm... you actually tried it?()

Game Freak wouldn't be that stupid and program something like that into the game...()()

A

amanv27

Hi once me and my brother were battleing the link cable came undone so everything glitched and we battled our one pokemon it was weirede ;145;vs ;305;

S

Someone

Wait ... with red and blue? >.>()() Lairon is like... ... not there. XD

N

Night crystal

Ron_the_Rukario said:
yep i guess so.

and i think the Neon Town trick is crud. It doesn't exist! it's like something stupid like:

catch ;330; in red and blue!

beat the elite 4 9869768606960 times with 5 pokemon and ;330; should appear in the last slot!.
neon town?
never heard of it
i heard of glitch city and it turns out to be true