• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Have you watched the man in Viridian City catch a Pokemon? Go do that and then try Surfing.
I love that glitch :D -- it's the best way to go and catch any of the Pokémon from the Safari Zone... along with getting tons of rare candies and other items ;149;.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Does Missngno. REALLY evolves into Kanga-

(Directed at all the people who say Missingno. evolves into Kangaskhan)Hey, wait a minute. You must mean 'M, since, Missingno. doesn't really evolve into Kangaskhan, though 'M does. Lol fail.

And also...

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,1306.0.html

Seriously, the glitch n00bs really annoy me...

-blitzerzero, known as blitzer at Glitch City Laboratories.

Guy

I don't know!
Actually, it's 'M that evolves when you give it a Rare Candy. And if you teach the 'M Fly beforehand, the Kangaskhan will know that, too.

It's not fake. Right method, wrong Pokemon. Glitch Pokemon DO evolve, you know. LM4 can evolve into Clefairy and Nidoking!

I know that perfectly well. The only ay to get a Charizard 'M without hacking is a long series of equivalent trades and evolutions.

Ammako

I remember a thing on Red ,the first time I got it...

One day i went to that route east of Vermillon city, I beaten a trainer, and the route turned into a cave!! :eek:

The parts not grass were the places where i could walk, and the places with grass were cave walls!

Did tat ever happen to someone?

I don't know if this is some strange glitch or not but I have not even seen Missingno. yet because I think you have to beat the elite four first but i was playing my red and I kept seeing Cinnabar mansion pokemon in the missingno. strip to the right of the gym. You know Growlithe and Koffing etc...

It's not fake. Right method, wrong Pokemon. Glitch Pokemon DO evolve, you know. LM4 can evolve into Clefairy and Nidoking!

Now there is a glitch pokemon I have never heard of. How do you find that?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

OK, here's how. First off, I'm going to assume you know the Mew trick and how to do it. You need a Pokemon with a Special stat of 198 (for this example we'll use Zapdos. After flying away from the Gambler and beating another trainer, go find a Ditto and have it transform into your Zapdos. Run away or beat it. Then Fly to lavender town and go back to the route with the gambler. You'll find a lv. 7 LM4. Raise it to lv. 18. It will evolve into Clefairy. If you let it evolve into Clefairy, it will then try to evolve into Nidoking. Both evolutions can be cancelled, though if you cancel Clefairy's evolution into Nidoking, it will still be named LM4. If you choose NOT to evolve LM4 at all, be warned: at lv. 24, 55, and 56, it will attempt to learn a move that is a threat to your game. Do NOT let it learn the move.

Sam-bop

I'm a girl...
In Yellow when I battled Blaine, one of his Pokemon was missing a tiny bit of HP when it was sent out. Blaine used his first move with the Pokemon to heal it with a Super Potion. That was weird. Anyone have that happen?

Another glitch was that more than once, Pikachu didn't follow the trainer into the healing zone in the Lavender Town tower, so he moved in strange directions that didn't match the trainer's for a while.

IIMarckus

In Yellow when I battled Blaine, one of his Pokemon was missing a tiny bit of HP when it was sent out. Blaine used his first move with the Pokemon to heal it with a Super Potion. That was weird. Anyone have that happen?
Some trainers, specifically Gym Leaders, have the ability to use items in battles. This is nothing unusual.

OK, here's how. First off, I'm going to assume you know the Mew trick and how to do it. You need a Pokemon with a Special stat of 198 (for this example we'll use Zapdos. After flying away from the Gambler and beating another trainer, go find a Ditto and have it transform into your Zapdos. Run away or beat it. Then Fly to lavender town and go back to the route with the gambler. You'll find a lv. 7 LM4. Raise it to lv. 18. It will evolve into Clefairy. If you let it evolve into Clefairy, it will then try to evolve into Nidoking. Both evolutions can be cancelled, though if you cancel Clefairy's evolution into Nidoking, it will still be named LM4. If you choose NOT to evolve LM4 at all, be warned: at lv. 24, 55, and 56, it will attempt to learn a move that is a threat to your game. Do NOT let it learn the move.

Thanks for the information.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Some trainers, specifically Gym Leaders, have the ability to use items in battles. This is nothing unusual.
No, he means that one of the Pokemon was missing a bit of HP when it was sent out, but opponent's Pokemon usually start with full HP.
I don't know if this is some strange glitch or not but I have not even seen Missingno. yet because I think you have to beat the elite four first but i was playing my red and I kept seeing Cinnabar mansion pokemon in the missingno. strip to the right of the gym. You know Growlithe and Koffing etc...

The Cinnabar strip's Pokemon depend on what Pokemon were in the last place you visited. In the Old Man Trcik, it takes your trainer name instead, and generates Pokemon based on your name.

Last edited:
blitzerzero said:
The Cinnabar strip's Pokemon depend on what Pokemon were in the last place you visited. In the Old Man Trcik, it takes your trainer name instead, and generates Pokemon based on your name.

Oh yes I have heard of that. Ok so what I saw was not a glitch it happens even without the old man trick?

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
It's still pretty much a glitch...that came to be based on the programmers' absentmindedness. Lulz.

I like going to to glitch city on pokemon yellow (Walk in safari park pay to get in try going out twice and say no both times save the game turn off turn on again try to go out when you are asked if you want to go in say no go to cinnabar island surf for a while when you are called back exit the building) It is so weird!

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
After seeing the "I can't do the Missingno. glitch. What's wrong?" I conclude that there is a lot of glitch n00bism here.

Missingno. will NOT kill your game.

If you have graphic problems, look at the stats of a normal, non-glitched Pokemon. It will restore the graphics.

The Hall of Fame glitching is the only permanent effect, but who cares about the Hall of Fame?

Not all glitch Pokemon are named Missingno. Only Pokemon that are called Missngno. are Missingno. No .4, 4. ., ??????????, ?????, ?, ???????????, ????????????, or anything not called Misssingno. are Missingno.

Guy

I don't know!
After seeing the "I can't do the Missingno. glitch. What's wrong?" I conclude that there is a lot of glitch n00bism here.

Missingno. will NOT kill your game.

If you have graphic problems, look at the stats of a normal, non-glitched Pokemon. It will restore the graphics.

The Hall of Fame glitching is the only permanent effect, but who cares about the Hall of Fame?

Not all glitch Pokemon are named Missingno. Only Pokemon that are called Missngno. are Missingno. No .4, 4. ., ??????????, ?????, ?, ???????????, ????????????, or anything not called Misssingno. are Missingno.

I don't think anybody here is seeming to have a problem with that.

Well Missingno sometimes distorted my images. usually just flipped battle images and the opponent slicing when I attack. It was easily fixed by resetting the game.

I have heard that Missingno. can sometimes do damage such as preventing link cable battles, deleting pokemon from your team(my BFF once said a friend of hers lost his charizard from missingno.), and loss of game save data and not being able to create new game save data.

I don't think you have to worry about these dangers for the most part as long as you don't abuse the glitch too much. Unless I was just extremely lucky.

commonroutes

Abra Trainer
No, I've never had any noticeable effects from exploiting the Missingno. glitch besides the Hall of Fame scamble.
Then again, I've never actually used the glitch to catch him, simply to duplicate items.