• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

K-B-K

Oh sorry, i didn't know. I did fid my own gengar glitch though. :D

Glitch clear up
Ok i will help all those with glitch problems. Everything in this has been tested and is 100% accurate unless listed otherwise

Shinys
imposable to get for games under gbc (but you could have one to check trade to a gbc game like crystal)
there is a 1/8692 chance you will actual run into one

================================================== =========================
MEW CODES/RUMORS

1. THE TRUCK TRICK

The number one Mew Rumor says that Mew is under a truck under the S.S. Anne.
1. It is crucial that you DO NOT!!! go onboard the S.S. ANNE at VERMILLLION
CITY.
2. Link up with a friend that has a pokemon with the CUT ability (HM01).
3. Play through the game until you have pokemon with the SURF (HM03) and
STRENGTH (HM04). Then go to VERMILLION CITY.
4. Go on the gang plank that is the entrance way to the boat. Instead of
gettingon the boat, use your pokemon with SURF to swim to the ground to the
right of it.
5. When you go onto the ground, you will see a truck. Use your pokemon with
STRENGTH to move the truck. After you move the truck, you will see the icon of
a pokeball or ofa pokemon (like when you encounter MEWTWO). Which icon you get
depends on the color of pokemon you have. Engage this icon. You will now be
fighting MEW (pokemon 151).

What Happens:
This code does work, just not on the American Red and Blue versions. Try using
it on the Japanese Green Version.

2. THE CELADON MANSION

Mew is supposed to be in the Big mansion in Celadon after you get 150 pokemon.

What Happens:
This code does work, just not on the American Red and Blue versions. Try using
it on the Japanese Green Version.

3. THE HALL OF FAME GALLERY

All you do is catch a missingno, and beat the elite four a couple of times.
After each time check your hall of fame and it will screw up but keep pushing
a.Eventually a mew will appear. You can't catch it though.

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! You don't have to catch Missingno., just see it. I have done it
before. Try it!

4. HM06: SUPERSTRENGTH

This is just like the number one rumor but it works. First do everything the #1
rumor above says but don't go to the ss anne yet. Get a missing no and teach
him Strength.Now got to the safri zone and fish for a horsea.If you get it you
will get the HM06:SUPERSTRENGTH now you can push the ss anne away with STRENGTH
and push the truck away with SUPERSTRENGTH

What Happens:
CONFIRMED AS A RUMOR! Ash Ketchum1 writes to me this:
Horsea isn't one of the Pokémon you can fish for in either version of Pokémon
while you're in the Safari Zone, so that rumor is impossible.
I CAN'T believe how stupid I am! I never thought of this. Well, Ash Ketchum1
just earned 1 point in the Bash the Rumors game!

MISSINGNO/M CODES/RUMORS

1. THE AMAZING GLITCH MISSINGNO

Missingno can be found if you first go to viridian city, talk to the guy that
teachs you to catch a pokemon,Then to fuschia and surf down to Seafoam
Islands.Surf up and down the coast to find missingno.

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! This is one of the most popular tricks in Pokemon. A variation is
to surf up and down the east coast of Cinnabar Island. If you do use this
code, and you see him, the 6th item in your item list will be multiplied by 129
or so. If you see him, it will also mess up your Hall of Fame (see THE HALL OF
FAME GALLERY in the Mew section). If you catch him, it will mess up your Hall
of Fame also, plus may delete your saved game or destroy your whole game
(highly unlikely). BTW, he has Sky Attack, Water Gun, and Water Gun.

2. THE MISSINGO VARIATION: M

M can be found if you first go to viridian city, talk to the guy that teachs
you to catch a pokemon,Then to fuschia and surf down to Seafoam Islands.Surf up
and down the coast to find M

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! Unlike Missingno, you can only find M in the Blue Version. M is
basically the same as Missingno.

TOGEPI CODES/RUMORS

1. TOGEPI LIVES!

Put a charmander,exeggutor,and a missingno in a box together and it will say
"MissingNo. Has miss evolved into Togepi."

What Happens:
I need confirmation for this one. It sounds wild and fake.

HIDDEN TOWN CODES/RUMORS

1. NEON TOWN GETS VANDALIZED BY JIGGLYPUFF!

You must beat the Elite Four 50 times in a row without saving or healing.

What Happens:
Now this seems like an impossible task. If you are wondering about the
Jigglypuff stuff, Neon Town was on the TV show on the episode "The Song of
Jigglypuff". After she got a black sharpie from a sleeping Ash's backpack, she
would write all over everyone's face that fell asleep while she was singing.
As for this code, I seriously doubt the possibility of this being a code.

MERICHU CODES/RUMORS

1. ANOTHER EVOLVED RAICHU

You can get Merichu if you go to neon town, buy all the items, and trade a
level 100 raichu back and forth with a friend.

What Happens:
Since Neon Town doesn't seem to be real, I doubt this is possible.

PIKARED CODES/RUMORS

1. RED-EXCLUSIVE PIKA-RELATIVE

Beat the elite four 12 times in a row without saving or healing on the Red
version

What Happens:
This sounds more manageable that 50 times in a row. I have the Red version, so
I can take a crack, but I won't waste my time. Don't try it.

PIKABLUE CODES/RUMORS

1. BLUE-EXCLUSIVE PIKA-RELATIVE

Beat the elite four 12 times in a row without saving or healing on the Blue
version

What Happens:
Like the PikaRed rumor, don't try it.

NIDOGOD/NIDOGODDESS CODES/RUMORS

1. EVOLVED NIDOKING/QUEEN

Get a level 100 nidoking and Nidoqueen and go to mount moon. Find any Team
rocket guy and he'll trade.

What Happens:
Interesting. Sounds like a rumor.

YOSHI CODES/RUMORS

1. DRAGONITE --> YOSHI?

Trade a dratini from a red version to a blue.Have the blue evolve it once then
trade it back.Then evolve it to dragonite on the red and go to the secret
dungeon.Stand about where MEWTWO was and use a Fire stone on him.It will say it
doesn't work, but he'll gain the head of a yoshi.Check it's stats and it's the
999th pokemon.It still has the moves of a dragonite.

What Happens:
Doubt it works.

Now for some old ones
magicarp evolves into mew
rumor

magicarp goes to daycare till lvl 100 then you take him back and he evolves into mew.

False this dose nothing but wastes your money. dont even try it.

If you have a glitch that is not up here post it and ill try and test/answer it

well... i do!

go to the safari zone and go in. then go out and say no when the guy
asks if you wana leave. do that again and save your game in the safari zone.
turn off the game. turn it on and go out. fly to cinibar and surf on half land/half water until it says "pa:ding dong...
youll get taken to back to the safari zone. go out and enjoy the corrupted citty!

ravensrule97

Resident Badass
I FOUND MissingNO in PLATINUM !!!!!!!
I went to Darkrai's Island the proper way.
I got the membership card i went in the weird Canalave Inn.
Met the weird guy.
Caught the boat to Full Moon Island.
Walked up to the Forest.
Entered.
And saw.... NO DARKRAI ANYWHERE!!!

Since I'd never been to Darkrai's island I tried to access the Underground.
I clicked explorer kit, saved and BOOM!
I go into a pokemon battle?
The battle starts and a Lv. 99 Blue Ditto appears with the name MissingNO...
I battle and it uses water gun...
OK I smash it with my Dragonites Thunder... and takes off bearly anything.
Ok I dicied to use my one Master Ball.
I caught it and it was sent to my box.
A while later i checked my box and it was there, but on Lv. 1, with a Paralized stat and it knew Water Gun, Water Gun and Sky Attack.
Please explain... ANYONE!!!!!!
I need help... I don't want my game stuffing up cause i just got the Black Trainer Card and my Perfect team of Dragons and "What-seem-like-Dragons" (Eg. Aerodactyl, Charizard)

No way that is true. The odds that there is a glitch named missingno with the same moves are practically zero. Although, i do wonder what would happen if you used the explorer kit on newmoon island

Ammako

You don't want to lose your save file and all, but you use cheat codes?

Darkrai is in Newmoon Island, not Fullmoon Island. You didn't find any Darkrai because you weren't at the right place.

I can 100% tell you are lying.

First, if you had used the code to receive the Member's Card and went to the Inn to go battle Darkrai, Darkrai would have been here, since it appears at the moment you get the item from the Mart.

Second, the event doesn't happens like that. There's no such thing as a book in the Inn and going to the boat to reach Newmoon Island. The real event is that you enter the Inn, and the owner tells you to get in the bed. Then you wake up on the Island, and battle/catch Darkrai.

parasky

No way that is true. The odds that there is a glitch named missingno with the same moves are practically zero. Although, i do wonder what would happen if you used the explorer kit on newmoon island

This is onlky a guess but....

You'll apper in the north - west underground segment like you do in fullmoon island.

Glitchtaker

Glitches are mine
Now, I can say that the Mew glitch for Red and Blue works. I don't own Yellow anymore, so I don't know about that one. And I mean the glitch where you cannot battle the Youngster with the lv17 Slowpoke, and the Gambler facing the underground path to Celadon city with two Poliwags and a Poliwhirl. I borrowed my cousin's blue version (well, traded her a game for it, anyway) and played and traded pokemon until I got to the point where initiating the entire code was possible. And I got the lv7 Mew, which now is currently lv55 by lots of training and such. Look, I don't have Action Replay or a Gameshark so I don't consider it cheating, that I got Mew through a glitch! I think this glitch is simply for people who can't obtain Mew through Gameshark because they don't have the means for it or the methods to obtain it. So I'll use my Mew gladly and those who say I cheated, well, think what you want. I never used a Gameshark or anything else, so I don't consider my Mew 'cheated'.

Centurion452

Shell of nothing.
Actually i heard that M' appears in YELLOW not blue and missingno. appears in both red and blue also if u encounter a lvl 0 M' DONT PUT IT IN YOUR BOX it will freeze your game
Note: i heard this all from youtube search it on youtube if u dont belive me

Glitchtaker

Glitches are mine
Okay, guys, I need your help immediately, so please listen to my tale of woe:
I had heard the tales of old, the legends of mystery, the epic adventures of trainers in the past, encountering the accursed MISSINGNO!!! So I decided that I would settle this once and for all. I decided it was time for Missingno to find its maker.
So I traveled, through much toil and hardship, to Viridian city. I encountered the old chap and listened to his legend of the art of catching pokemon, humoring him, for he thought he was wise. I watched his demonstration, observing and watching, and I flew to Cinnabar, the city of dreams (oh, bare with my corny humor, there's a point to all this, I promise)
I leapt atop my trusty Wartortle, and commanded that he surf the east coast of Cinnabar. He did so under my orders, and then . . . BOOM!!!
'M appeared! I had waited for this moment for so long (over five minutes of time, I assure you)! I felt the sweat drop down my brow, felt my fingers clench on the game system, felt my body beginning to shake. I sent out my terrible Moltres, and AHA!!! He used a devastating PECK attack to that legendary 'M, and 'M, the legend, the accursed MISSINGNO, was missing no more . . .
So there I was, surfing along the coast, thinking I had accomplished a great deed, when BAM! A level 180 Aerodactyl appeared, and I was left speechless! I had researched this particular field of study, and found that it was safe to train this Aerodactyl for my own world destruction.
HOWEVER! I was left with the questioning thought . . .
Can I trade this Aerodactyl to Crystal version, and it be safe?

BigDaddy D

You're on thin ice
these codes helped me get MEW!!!

BigDaddy D

You're on thin ice
these codes helped me get MEW!!!

Ammako

This is onlky a guess but....

You'll apper in the north - west underground segment like you do in fullmoon island.

I'm pretty sure you cannot use Explorer Kit on Newmoon Island. For having tried it myself before, I think that's how it goes. I can't go re-check now, though. I haven't unlocked Newmoon Island in Platinum, and I don't want to cheat to get to it just to try it.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Anyone wonder with glitches like Lv. 100+ Pokemon if that is left over functionality that wasn't wiped completely from the coding?

Hauntshadow

Hey man!
^I think (not 100% sure) you are correct.

Anyway, I just came to the realization that pokemon that are hybrids(ex. LM4=Poliwrath hybrid) have the same TM/HM movesets, but I cannot confirm that for everyone. Because I know that Poliwrath and LM4 can learn TM46 and 27 and HM3 & 4 but not HM2.

Also, if you use the Mew trick with a Special over 256, the Hex list starts over, except for 256 and maybe 512 (don't know about 512).Rhydon=1 & 257, etc.

I watched a video today on a different way to get Mew that is quicker and simpler. You don't even need to have more than one gym badge. (because of the locations needed to do it.) You know after the Nugget Bridge in Cerulean City? If you go left to the patch of grass where one trainer is and have an Abra with Teleport and have used the Cerulean Pokemon Center, All you need to do is the same thing you do with the gambler guy but instead of using Fly use Teleport. You then go back to the PC. Just like the Other Mew Trick, You have to fight the kid with a Slowpoke. Then when the fight is done go use Teleport again. Walk through the Nugget Bridge but as soon as you are about to go through it the pause menu appears (just like the Mew Trick.) then press B and there you go, Mew. I haven't tried this myself but it might work.
I watched a video today similar to the one you are describing. Since I just started playing my Blue Version again, I thought it would be interesting to try out the various Mew glitches I have been hearing about. I tested this same exact glitch you described, except I battled the first trainer in Misty's Gym instead of the Youngster with the Slowpoke. I was a bit skeptical at first, but when I was walking up Nugget Bridge my Start Menu randomly appeared. I immediately pressed the B Button and encountered Mew! :D It took me three tries though; I ran out of Pokeballs the first time and fainted it the second time. On my third attempt I bought around 30 Pokeballs, as I only had five previously, and tried again. I weakened Mew little by little with my Pidgey; I was able to lower its HP almost to zero. I also used a few Sand-attacks so its Pound would keep missing, as my Pidgey would have fainted soon should Mew have kept attacking it. Once I lowered its accuracy and HP as much as possible, I threw one regular Pokeball and caught it without having to use another one.

starz48

Will this mew glitch mess up my pokemon yellow game?
------------------------------------------------------------

For this method, the player needs to go to the Gambler in front of the Underground Tunnel entrance east of Saffron City, and stand above him so that he is just off screen. The player then needs to take one step down closer to him, but make sure that he does not see the player, and then immediately press START. If the player is spotted, the glitch would fail. If it was successful, the menu will appear and the player will be able to Fly, Dig, or Teleport. The player needs to use Fly to reach Cerulean City. While flying, the exclamation point that usually appears above a Trainer's head when they wish to battle the player will appear. The player then needs to go to Route 24 and, just like in method #1, defeat the Youngster that owns a Slowpoke (with him walking towards the player to start the battle, or the game will freeze). After defeating him, the player needs to Fly to Lavender Town and head west to Route 8. The START menu will appear. Press B, and Mew will appear at Level 7.

(Note: The player must battle the Slowpoke trainer on Route 24, but the player does not have to battle the Gambler in front of the Underground Path. Any trainer will do. One option is to battle one of the two bikers
who are next to each other on Route 14, then battle the Slowpoke trainer, then return to Route 14. Because Route 14 is isolated, players should use Repel to prevent running into wild Pokémon in the grass and messing up the trick.)
------------------------------------------------------------

clownieo

Right now I am currently performing a glitch that could allow me to trade Johto pokemon to Kanto.It involves switching the link cable between different gameboys.
Link cable switching is a for sure way to get some glitch pokemon if you know what you are doing.

Melloyu, I don't expect the sprites to be the same and chances are the sprite would more likely resemble a missingno after transferring them. Besides, it didn't work and I'm going to keep looking into link cable oddities.

By the way, I forgot to mention that if you put any evolved glitch pokemon (Rhydon, Kangaskaun(sp), etc) into the daycare they revert back to their original form.

Last edited:

Melloyu

Right now I am currently performing a glitch that could allow me to trade Johto pokemon to Kanto.It involves switching the link cable between different gameboys.
Link cable switching is a for sure way to get some glitch pokemon if you know what you are doing.

... from S/G/C jotho pokemon to R/B/Y.......?
how the hell can you believe that ._.?
R/B/Y Don't know any sprite of the Jotho pokemon so they just can't exist there ...

so it is impossible

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
... from S/G/C jotho pokemon to R/B/Y.......?
how the hell can you believe that ._.?
R/B/Y Don't know any sprite of the Jotho pokemon so they just can't exist there ...

so it is impossible

I've heard of it.

I'm not sure if it involves switching the link cable...

But you'll get some glitch Pokemon if you do it correctly. And he said glitch Pokemon.

Tuf Pic

Who's your favorite Glitch Pokemon?!

@RaZor LeAf: I was NOT ADVERTISING... I was simply using that glitch encyclopdia as a reference, & since I couldn't POSSIBLY fit all of the choices into a Poll, I chose to use a URL as a reference instead...

EDIT: Apparently you deleted my URL AGAIN... :rolleyes:

Or did I forget to post it... If so, well then:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_Pokémon

I hope *THIS* time you won't see it as an offence!! :) :club:

Last edited: