• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

thekingofgods

failing chainer
what is the zzazz glitch btw?

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.
Well, that was odd. Last night I attempted to play Blue Version and tried walking in front of a trainer (somthing I had not treid since this whole thing started) and it worked fine. I restarted it, and still it seemed to work fine. I assumed everything was back to normal so I left it alone for a while.

Later I tried again only to find that my hopes had been crushed. It was screwed up again. But now I know there seems to be hope. I figured this whole thing started randomly then stopped randomly, so it may work again later.

Now I'm trying to figure out if starting a new game would help next time it works, or if it'd just start back up again on the next try and leave me stuck in Pallet Town.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
This might not be a glitch or not but in Yellow if you go off of those ledges Pikachu will do a dance and after a few more seconds take a step and Pikachu is suddenly not moving it's legs. It only lasts for a few steps.

Pokemon Trainer Brandon

Trainer of all types
I don't know if this has been posted in this thread or not, but I stumbled upon a way to get surfing pikachu using the methods of the Celebi hex trick. This isn't my video I am about to post. The video belongs to someone else. For this trick/glitch you will need pokemon silver or gold. You need one of them. You also need pokemon stadium 2. I know since I mentioned " pokemon gold and silver" and "pokemon stadium 2" in a 1st generation game thread I will probably be told this isn't the thread to post in since this thread is for glitches for the 1st generation pokemon games. Mentioning pokemon gold and silver and stadium kind of go off topic but were else would I post a glitch/trick like this? It has to do more with the yellow version anyways so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Also if this glitch has been posted already I apologize, I am not going to bother looking through 96 pages of posts just to see if it has been posted lol. Here is a link to the video, I assure you 100% it is nothing inappropriate. Just please take my word on it. I am not sure if we are allowed to post videos in this thread, but I didn't see any rules about not posting videos in this thread so I will post anyways. The person who performed the trick didn't use any type of cheating device. He simply just used the fundamentals of the well known Celebi hexing trick. He performed his own experiment and it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6hEpYUXm4Q

Last edited:

Champion Shirona

I don know why but i played my Red Recently that time..
I have defeat the E4 and im going to fight them again.Using my m2 and Charizard.
When i just fought Lorelei,after some of her pokemon fainted,the game freeze and some mixed music happens.Like catching and evoultion stuff/

ar25

man with a plan.
if you read say , the bottom of the sixth page they say that missingno is lugia, which is wierd because my friends used to find missingno (while i was hiding, scared of him) and they used to say that they saw the "new lugia". is this just a coincedince

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
if you read say , the bottom of the sixth page they say that missingno is lugia, which is wierd because my friends used to find missingno (while i was hiding, scared of him) and they used to say that they saw the "new lugia". is this just a coincedince

Yes, it's a coincidence.

Just having Sky Attack and Water Gun as its only attacks does not mean Missingno is a Lugia.

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
This has probably been posted many times before, but I'm not gonna read 96 pages for that.
Anyways, I found this out many years back. If you're battling 'ghosts' without the silph scope in the pokemon tower, theres a trick to see which pokemon it really is. You can't catch them though. I thought you need to do this: go to your pokemon watch at their stats, and go back to the fight. If I remember correctly there should be a ghastly or haunter sprite now instead of the 'ghost'. You still can't attack it because your poke is still too scared or something like that.

And that's it I think

Shaymingal

Sparkling Sea
i Probably should have went to this thread, instead of making my own >.<

Gucci Mane

Phantom Organ... Has anyone else experienced this?

Remember the Phantom Organ in Red and Blue? The screen turns red and this CREEPY *** music starts playing... I almost had a heart attack. Sadly there is no video of that on youtube. Someone needs to make it! Just catch missingnoe, go to saffron city, and access the PC. Then it should happen... Well that's how it happened to me. And I mean it, that is some of the CREEPIEST music ever...

Phantom Organ... Has anyone else experienced this?

Remember the Phantom Organ in Red and Blue? The screen turns red and this CREEPY *** music starts playing... I almost had a heart attack. Sadly there is no video of that on youtube. Someone needs to make it! Just catch missingnoe, go to saffron city, and access the PC. Then it should happen... Well that's how it happened to me. And I mean it, that is some of the CREEPIEST music ever...

OMG, I've done that glitch :eek:

Also, here's something about Missingo:

Depending on who you name your person, determines the Missingo Sprites, I saw Skull Kabutops

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
OMG, I've done that glitch :eek:

Also, here's something about Missingo:

Depending on who you name your person, determines the Missingo Sprites, I saw Skull Kabutops

I remember reading about that somewhere.

I used the Missingo glitch a lot back in the day... catching Safari Zone Pokémon out in the water... it made catching Kangaskhan and the like all the more easier to catch...

*making numerous rare items, master balls, etc...

*running into high level Haunters, Golducks...

*running into and then running away from teh evol M' O_O...

*catching the legit (for lack of a better word) one and turning Magikarp into digital sushi :p(as in it's pic was screwed up when I battled against one that a trainer had...).

Last edited:
OMG, I did the very same things, I caught Missingno and evolved it with one of my 99 Rare Candies he gave me, it turned into a Kanghaskan with Sky Attack and 2 Water Guns O.O

I wish to research Missingno more, but my Super Nintendo GameBoy Player isn't working much

Voku

The Mightiest Hyena
I just tried the Phantom Organ Glitch, scarier than the exorcist!

I just tried the Phantom Organ Glitch, scarier than the exorcist!

Heck yeah it is, my brother was scared too D:

Also, if you capture Missingno at Level 0, it'll break your collectible copy of Red or Blue (Missingno is non-existent in Yellow with Game Genie) so ONLY catch the ones at Higher Levels

me and one of my friends saw MISSINGNO he didnt catch it but i did and when i caught it all my data was deleted but since he didnt catch it all of the items in his invetory were doubled

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
OMG, I did the very same things, I caught Missingno and evolved it with one of my 99 Rare Candies he gave me, it turned into a Kanghaskan with Sky Attack and 2 Water Guns O.O

I wish to research Missingno more, but my Super Nintendo GameBoy Player isn't working much

Wow, I didn't know that it could evolve... good find there. And definitely random evolution wise :p.