• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

S

Someone

Agh sorry. I didn't mean to get offensive. I thought you were talking to me cause you said SOMEONE. XD

Dude. Don't do that. Don't call anyone a noob. =___= Seriously. Just don't go there.

I can see the Missingno. in Yellow , but I'm not playing any cards down , I don't want to risk my file to the verge of getting messed up or corrupted. Plus the only Yellow I have is the japanese one so it's extra old compared to the english Yellow since it came out way before , which means I gotta treat it with extra care so I promised myself I'd let loose on the cheating in it. I'm only getting all the Pokemon with Gameshark in it and inf. master balls and rare candies. That's it.

You guys know what? I tried the Missingno. cheat in my other Blue Version , and all I was finding was M. If I said yes or no , he's all I'd find. =/

Bad news for crystal you cant do the mew glitch. I got to where you do it and gamefreak got smart

Uhm... hello? There was never a Mew glitch intended in the G/S/C versions. =___=()()() You can't just assume the glitch WORKS in every single game , man. The set up of trainers is even different in Gold/Silver/Crystal , so obviously IT WOULDN'T WORK. What part of glitch don't you get?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I glitched my Ditto by changing in a battle the first attack with the second (this while it was transformed into the opponent pokémon)...How can I turn back to normal my ditto ? Is it possible ? ;132;

S

Someone

Does it still know transform? =/ When you do that glitch with Ditto , don't save after if you don't want the Ditto to stay what you glitched it to transform into permanently.

The best advice I can give you is to just go and catch a new Ditto. =C

Angelic Elf Ivy

Someone said:
Does it still know transform? =/ When you do that glitch with Ditto , don't save after if you don't want the Ditto to stay what you glitched it to transform into permanently.

The best advice I can give you is to just go and catch a new Ditto. =C
That would suck! I've done that glitch but not with a ditto. Still i'm not that bright because i end up restarting some time after I capture Missingno. heh heh I've done that glitch and the masterball glitch like 50 times now. heh heh. ;P

S

Someone

I did the Ditto thing but I didn't save it after. XDD

Once when I did have an english yellow it like... got all messed up and all the Pokemon were glitches. Even Prof. Oak was.

K

Kururo

I used a gameshark for a pokegod once named Rainer.

Gameshark code:

How to get #205 Rainer
01C164D1

S

Someone

Uh you really shouldn't do those codes on your Gameshark...()()

I have a ton of Pokegod codes. XDD But don't save when you do them. It really disrupts your game like hell. X.x Also you know when they say do the code on this Pokemon blah blah? Like Sapasaur only works on Venasaur? Nope. n.n() You can do it on any Pokemon in your line up. You can also change the two digits * 01--64D1* and you could change that Pokemon into something like Mew. * Mew's hex digits are 15.*

S

shadowlink

Does anyone know how to get the yellow v. Missingno? I froze 5 times out of the 5 times I tried to fight it >.< Is there some way to get it to fight you? And also, doesn't anyone think that the Missingno. from yellow look like Ho-oh? I can make out a shape somewhat like it. It fits the pokegod theory, too. It is a legendary. And not like some loser legendary like the dogs. Ho-oh is important, like Groudon/Kyogre. So, missingno could be a pokegod. It's shape is sort of like this: It's head is bare, like Moltres. The head is at the top of the glitchiness. The body is clear on the top, but becomes lost in the glitchiness at the bottom. And somehow, it looks more like Ho-oh than Moltres. Also, Ho-oh makes an appearance in the first pokemon episode. It could have been planned to be a pokegod, after all. Anyone with me?

B

bob151jr

ya but remember that like 200 pokemon were made by the reles of red in the us

togipe, electikid and ho ho are some of them (pikablu or marril too)
anyway i got a emulater to play pokemon red on my PC and i can record the game play to show you how to do the mew glitch and i have music from the game

N

Night crystal

u wont beleive this story!!

i found this while hunting down all the info on missingno!

"Awhile ago, I went to a pokemon convention. It was really cool, they gave out free stuff, and even gave people free level 10 Mews! Nobody really dressed up, most people that came where there for the tournament. The bad thing was all I could find is my red version, which I only used for cheat experiments and Missingno mysterys. I had to use it, I didn't have a choice.

Anyway, I was paired up with another pokemon lover and battled with Pokemon around the same levels. We both had three Pokemon, I had Warturtle, a Butterfree, & a Pidgeot. She had a Ivysaur, a Clefairy, & a Kangaskhan. She said she got the Kangaskhan by trading. We were handed a pair of old worn out pair cable links and we were off battleing. We both where on our last Pokemon, Clefairy and Warturtle, it was very intense.

She leaned back in her chair and the cable link in her gameboy was pulled out. She leaned back to far. All she could say was "Uh ho..." and quickly put it back in. It said "Please wait" for the longest time until we both decided that our games had froze. She pulled out the cable link again and turned off her game so we could start over. However, once she pulled the cable link out again, the "Please wait" sign vanished and it said "Trainer sounds out Kangaskhan." My jaw dropped! Her Kangaskhan, which I defeated has come back without its trainer to tell it what attacks to use. However, I was amazed and decided to battle it as the girl leaned acrossed the table and watched in shock.

Luckily, I beat the Kangaskhan, but then it said "Trainer sent out Missingno!" Both of us gasped. It was really weird, this Missingno had a differemt cry. It sounded like a cry of a Alakazam. It had different attacks, Thunder, Bilizard, & Flame thrower where its most used, I think he used sky attack once. No matter what I did, I couldnt hit him. I always missed. Suddenly "Trainer withdrawed Missingno... and sent out [Pixel]cooLtRAINer[PixelPixel]" The cry this "Pokemon" was pretty long and very scary, but I didnt want to turn it off. So I battled it, but when I hit the "Pokemon" it barly did any damage at all, and it didnt even had a Level, it was blank. This battle went on forever, cause it didn't attack me. It would keep saying "[Pixel] coooLtRAINer [PixelPixel] is loafing around, is taking a nap, isnt fallowing orders." Stuff like that. Then it ended, by the strangest way, "[Pixel]cooLtRAINer[PixelPixel] ran from battle."

Weird... The person who was battleing me was abit scared to try again, but I convinced her to turn her gameboy on and try it. She did, but couldnt get her game to work right cause it was totally messed up. Like she was trapped in Glich city or something. I felt kind of bad, but she said not to worry about it. I ended up getting a badge for *Ahem* "Winning." Ever since then, I've been messing with cable links, plugging them out and in during battle. Strange stuff would happen, but not as strange as that one battle I had against the Missingno / The game / & The gliches there self... It's true. God honest turth, no way could I make this up."

why cant cool stuff like that happen to me!!

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Missingno does not look like Ho-Oh, you must have some serious ocptic issues if you think they look alike.

W

wouter

i had read about de bicycle road that if you press b you can pas by the guard
i don't now where i have read it
if you came through the exit without a bicycle in your bag the item that on the place was of your bike is now multiplied
very strange

P

Protoman.EXE

This thread isnt even about the bicycle road.razorleaf,i know,i shouldnt be talking...

Roy_the_Rukario

Back By Popular Vote
Night crystal said:
i found this while hunting down all the info on missingno!

"Awhile ago, I went to a pokemon convention. It was really cool, they gave out free stuff, and even gave people free level 10 Mews! Nobody really dressed up, most people that came where there for the tournament. The bad thing was all I could find is my red version, which I only used for cheat experiments and Missingno mysterys. I had to use it, I didn't have a choice.

Anyway, I was paired up with another pokemon lover and battled with Pokemon around the same levels. We both had three Pokemon, I had Warturtle, a Butterfree, & a Pidgeot. She had a Ivysaur, a Clefairy, & a Kangaskhan. She said she got the Kangaskhan by trading. We were handed a pair of old worn out pair cable links and we were off battleing. We both where on our last Pokemon, Clefairy and Warturtle, it was very intense.

She leaned back in her chair and the cable link in her gameboy was pulled out. She leaned back to far. All she could say was "Uh ho..." and quickly put it back in. It said "Please wait" for the longest time until we both decided that our games had froze. She pulled out the cable link again and turned off her game so we could start over. However, once she pulled the cable link out again, the "Please wait" sign vanished and it said "Trainer sounds out Kangaskhan." My jaw dropped! Her Kangaskhan, which I defeated has come back without its trainer to tell it what attacks to use. However, I was amazed and decided to battle it as the girl leaned acrossed the table and watched in shock.

Luckily, I beat the Kangaskhan, but then it said "Trainer sent out Missingno!" Both of us gasped. It was really weird, this Missingno had a differemt cry. It sounded like a cry of a Alakazam. It had different attacks, Thunder, Bilizard, & Flame thrower where its most used, I think he used sky attack once. No matter what I did, I couldnt hit him. I always missed. Suddenly "Trainer withdrawed Missingno... and sent out [Pixel]cooLtRAINer[PixelPixel]" The cry this "Pokemon" was pretty long and very scary, but I didnt want to turn it off. So I battled it, but when I hit the "Pokemon" it barly did any damage at all, and it didnt even had a Level, it was blank. This battle went on forever, cause it didn't attack me. It would keep saying "[Pixel] coooLtRAINer [PixelPixel] is loafing around, is taking a nap, isnt fallowing orders." Stuff like that. Then it ended, by the strangest way, "[Pixel]cooLtRAINer[PixelPixel] ran from battle."

Weird... The person who was battleing me was abit scared to try again, but I convinced her to turn her gameboy on and try it. She did, but couldnt get her game to work right cause it was totally messed up. Like she was trapped in Glich city or something. I felt kind of bad, but she said not to worry about it. I ended up getting a badge for *Ahem* "Winning." Ever since then, I've been messing with cable links, plugging them out and in during battle. Strange stuff would happen, but not as strange as that one battle I had against the Missingno / The game / & The gliches there self... It's true. God honest turth, no way could I make this up."

why cant cool stuff like that happen to me!!

maybe you should tell that to nintendo freak. he would like it, as he runs the Glitch Hunter Club. and thank you, this gives me an idea, a ghost stories thread!

P

PokemonGirlMaster

Missingo is not in yellow. well maybe. just try to cheack the east side of the island.

S

Someone

This thread isnt even about the bicycle road.razorleaf,i know,i shouldnt be talking...

Uhm... read the title once more , wouldja? Missingno AND glitches. Sneaking into cycling road glitch IS a glitch. >.> So it can be discussed under this topic.

Is missingno on yellow

Yeah , but you can't obtain it like you can in Red and Blue. Game Freak remembered to program Pokemon on the edges of Cinnabar and Seafoam Island.

Missingo is not in yellow. well maybe. just try to cheack the east side of the island.

Uhm...? Just because Game Freak made sure it fixed it's recent mistakes , doesn't mean Missingno. isn't there. You don't even know how the whole thing works do you? Each Pokemon has a hex code , or digits , what ever. Do you know why when you catch Missingno or any other glitch it makes Rhydon's sound or turns to Rhydon? Rhydons' hex codes/digits are 01. Rhydon was the first Pokemon ever programed into the game. Want to know why M' evolves into Kangaskhan? Cause she was the second Pokemon ever programed into the game. Anyways , as I was saying... when you catch a Pokemon , it's information is stored in it's hex code/digit , so when you catch a glitch and it checks the hex code to get the information , it has nothing there so it just shows junk and turns to hex code/digit 01 , which ofcourse like I said is Rhydon. Missingno. is hex code 00 I think... I don't remember. But anyways... do you know why the highest you can get a Pokemon's level by cheating or whatever is 255? Because that's how many slots there was for each Pokemon. Game Freak only filled 151 of that , so when you see glitches with the number 212 or something , it's one of the empty slots. n.n()

Ok... I think I'm done rambling now... >.> X3

L

LunarStar

My pokemon yellow is really glitched up. This is what happened. I was on the phone with my friend and we where talking about missingno.(We had just found out what it was) And she said that she was going to try to get it. So I was thinking,maybe I should try too. I could'nt decide so I started to play on my Pokemon yellow. I started a new game and all the pictures (Pokemon,trainers,ect) were prof.oak! I got freaked out so I turned it off and then back on. Everything was fine untill I had to pick a name for my rival. I named him gary and all the pictures where gary now. I decided just to keep playing. So I trained my Pikachu,Sparky and went to fight gary. When I fought him my game messed up even more! Everything was Pikachu's back(Like when you're using him) I was getting angry so I started a new game and trained my pikachu again. I gave oak his parcel and turned off the game. A while later I wanted to trade my pikachu to my pokemon crystal but I only had my pikachu. So I went to catch a pidgey and I had 14 pokeballs. I looked at my pokemon and I had a level four pidgey with only one hp left. I was really freaked out now but things got worse. I checked out my pikachu and his name was Shadow and he was back at level six(He was about,level 12 or something before). I got REALLY freaked out and turned off my game. Another hour later I turned it back on and started a new game,again. I got back to the same place I was before my pokemon's name was Shadow. I decided to fight gary(When he is by the pokemon league entrance and he starts to tell you that you can't get in without all the badges) So I started to fight him and everything got WAY worse. Instead of being pikachus all the pictures where this wierd...thing. It was just a block of pixels and broken pokemon parts(Like tails and stuff) I was SO freaked out that I saved and shut off my game. I calmed down and turned my game on again. I checked on my pokemon and Shadow and his friend,one hp pidgey had returned. Shadow was level 6 and pidgey was level 4 as usual. I was in the pokemon center,where you link up with a friend. I went to see if I fought gary and of course,I hadn't. So,I fought him. The pictures messed up again so they looked like...just a big mess. I got angry and turned off my game then turned it back on. I was at the same place. I checked on Shadow and he was angry at me. Also,his picture was all messed up. It looked like a broken charizard with a twitching pikachu ear. o_O (He was angry so his ear was twitching) I went and trained Shadow but he just got even angrier so I gave up. Now,evertime I try to play on my yellow,it always stays in the same place. In the pokemon center with level 6 Pikachu,Shadow and level 4 Pidgey.

Also,my friend got to glitch city and caught M but her game froze so she is now stuck in glitch city...forever!!

K

Kamikaze

Hey,does anyone know the name to get an over lv 100 Moltres?Just curious

S

Someone

My pokemon yellow is really glitched up. This is what happened. I was on the phone with my friend and we where talking about missingno.(We had just found out what it was) And she said that she was going to try to get it. So I was thinking,maybe I should try too. I could'nt decide so I started to play on my Pokemon yellow. I started a new game and all the pictures (Pokemon,trainers,ect) were prof.oak! I got freaked out so I turned it off and then back on. Everything was fine untill I had to pick a name for my rival. I named him gary and all the pictures where gary now. I decided just to keep playing. So I trained my Pikachu,Sparky and went to fight gary. When I fought him my game messed up even more! Everything was Pikachu's back(Like when you're using him) I was getting angry so I started a new game and trained my pikachu again. I gave oak his parcel and turned off the game. A while later I wanted to trade my pikachu to my pokemon crystal but I only had my pikachu. So I went to catch a pidgey and I had 14 pokeballs. I looked at my pokemon and I had a level four pidgey with only one hp left. I was really freaked out now but things got worse. I checked out my pikachu and his name was Shadow and he was back at level six(He was about,level 12 or something before). I got REALLY freaked out and turned off my game. Another hour later I turned it back on and started a new game,again. I got back to the same place I was before my pokemon's name was Shadow. I decided to fight gary(When he is by the pokemon league entrance and he starts to tell you that you can't get in without all the badges) So I started to fight him and everything got WAY worse. Instead of being pikachus all the pictures where this wierd...thing. It was just a block of pixels and broken pokemon parts(Like tails and stuff) I was SO freaked out that I saved and shut off my game. I calmed down and turned my game on again. I checked on my pokemon and Shadow and his friend,one hp pidgey had returned. Shadow was level 6 and pidgey was level 4 as usual. I was in the pokemon center,where you link up with a friend. I went to see if I fought gary and of course,I hadn't. So,I fought him. The pictures messed up again so they looked like...just a big mess. I got angry and turned off my game then turned it back on. I was at the same place. I checked on Shadow and he was angry at me. Also,his picture was all messed up. It looked like a broken charizard with a twitching pikachu ear. o_O (He was angry so his ear was twitching) I went and trained Shadow but he just got even angrier so I gave up. Now,evertime I try to play on my yellow,it always stays in the same place. In the pokemon center with level 6 Pikachu,Shadow and level 4 Pidgey.

Also,my friend got to glitch city and caught M but her game froze so she is now stuck in glitch city...forever!!

That happened to my english yellow. @__@() Everything was pixels and junk and Pikachu was always angry. Now you know why I traded it to some sap for a Silver Version. XD Stuck in Glitch City for ever? Not unless she saved there... >.>()() If she just found it and walked around and the game froze it doesn't mean she got stuck there. How'd she find M anyways? All I ever found was Tentacools. And the bushes were all empty... >.>

Hey,does anyone know the name to get an over lv 100 Moltres?Just curious

It's something called researching for the name with the hex codes to do that... >.>

I can find the name for you if you want. n.n()