• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Does anyone know if you can still clone pokemon in Pokemon Red Virtual Console?

I haven't tried it yet but I can try later I just did the mew glitch which worked I got a lvl. 7 one before battling misty which missingo still exist in the game so I am sure the cloning should work but who knows >.>

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I had this happen to me twice now.....once with an Onix and once with a Bellsprout. Anyway what happened was my Gengar had Wrap and Bind used on him by these Pokemon. It was it doesn't affect Gengar, however right after that the wrap/bind animation started and I hit Attack and it would not let me do so, because apparently I was in a Bind even though I wasn't taking damage. This happen to anyone else?

Missingno.Fan

Game: Pokemon Red (3DS)
I just battled Brock's Onix with a lvl 14 Nidoran(m). My strategy was to poison it with Poison Sting. What I didn't think about was the fact that Poison Sting was going to miss 29 out of 30 times! How is that possible? I know about the 1/256 miss glitch, but I didn't know there was one that made you miss every damn move... Could someone explain this for me?
That happened to me once on Blue. My Weedle's Poison Sting missed 14 times in a row against Brock's Onix.
I had this happen to me twice now.....once with an Onix and once with a Bellsprout. Anyway what happened was my Gengar had Wrap and Bind used on him by these Pokemon. It was it doesn't affect Gengar, however right after that the wrap/bind animation started and I hit Attack and it would not let me do so, because apparently I was in a Bind even though I wasn't taking damage. This happen to anyone else?
This happened to me one time on Blue with a Ghost type glitch Pokemon.

epicgordan

Okay, so I'm pretty much going to give you a heads up on how to complete the Pokedex via the glitches in Pokémon Yellow. The natural maximum number is 129. Just to get you the idea, here are the Pokémon unavailable:

Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Ekans, Arbok, Raichu, Meowth, Persian, Koffing, Weezing, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Mew

Pokémon you need to make a choice between:

Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
Eevee-->Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon
Omanyte--->Omastar/Kabuto-->Kabutops

Finally, Trade Evolutions (skipping Machamp because you can naturally get one through an in-game trade):

Kadabra-->Alakazam
Graveler-->Golem
Haunter-->Gengar

151-14-5-3=129. If you understand how to use the Mew glitch, then make that 130 max. Well, I'll give you a rundown on the easiest methods of getting all of them:

1. Gengar: Trainer-Fly off either the second or third Lass of Route 3 (the third Lass uses Jigglypuff)--the earliest Trainer-Fly in Yellow is the third Bug Catcher in Viridian Forest.
2. Mew: Trainer-Fly off of the Super Nerd defending the fossils.
3. Make sure to pick up the Dome Fossil--very important.
4. When you pick up the Eevee in Celadon City, be sure to give it either the Water Stone or the Thunder Stone (not Fire Stone--you'll see why).
5. Trainer-Fly after you defeat Jessie and James at the top of Pokémon Tower to catch Koffing; evolve it all the way into Weezing.
6. Pick up either the Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan in the Fighting Dojo (doesn't matter).
7. Catch an Omastar off of Gary in Silph Co.
8. Catch an Omanyte off the Channeler in the far-left room in Saffron gym.
9. On Route 16, catch Hitmonchan off the very first Biker upon entering through the gate.
10.On Route 17, catch Electabuzz off the Biker with the lone Muk on the lefthand side (before the path branches off yet again).
11.On Route 17, on the righthand side, catch a Hitmonlee off the Biker/Cue Ball with just one Pokémon.
12.On Route 18, catch an Arbok off the Bird Keeper on the far left above the patch of grass.
13.On Route 18, catch a Magmar off the Bird Keeper with the Dodrio.
14.On Route 18, catch a Weedle off the Lv. 80 Snorlax that spawns from the trade request inside the gate (requires two Trainer-Flies to be active simultaneously).
15.Evolve Weedle all the way into Beedrill.
16.Catch Flareon off of Koga.
17.On Route 15, catch a Golem off the girl up on the plateau--need to use Cut.
18.On Route 12, catch a Jynx off a Lv. 35 Seadra (may require multiple tries in order to pull off).
19.On Route 11, catch an Alakazam off the Lv. 80 Clefable that spawns from the trade request inside the gate (again, requires two Trainer-Flies to be active simultaneously.
20.In Power Plant, catch a Raichu off one of the Electrode (may require multiple tries in order to pull off).
21.Hand the Dome Fossil at Pokémon Lab on Cinnabar Island for a Kabuto, then evolve it.
22.In Cinnabar Gym, catch a Meowth off the fifth trainer inside, and evolve it.
23.In Victory Road 2F, catch an Ekans off the Juggler with the lone Mr. Mime.
24.In Victory Road 3F, catch an Eevee off the female trainer on the plateau, and evolve it into the remaining Eevee evolution (either Vaporeon or Jolteon, depending on who you need).

And that's pretty much all you need to do to complete your Pokedex in Pokémon Yellow version--without trading. Everything else not listed on here can be caught and trained in the wild. Though if you need some assistance, I can recommend you to this site--especially useful in Red/Blue, btw: http://puu.sh/257S.

You're welcome.

ZilverLox

Banned
I've attempted the Mew glitch on Red, but I keep messing up. I feel like I've missed a step even though I've tried being thorough with the procedure. :(

Last edited:

AdvancedGenGenesect

So I know noone has posted on this thread for ages but today when my brother was playing pokemon blue he was in viridian city ,surfing on the water with his pokemon when suddenly when he got into a wild pidgey encounter in the water!!

this shocked me but the even more shocking thing was the fact that after he got out of that I saw that he got into another encounter and this this time it was with a pidgeotto.

I eventually tried searching for a water pidgey glitch on the internet but I didnt find any website giving information about this glitch so I guess this glitch is SUPER RARE so if anyone has any idea on this or has had the same experience please tell me why this happens.

Last edited:

Cellfaction

By the way, the Missingno glitch is useful and it has some benefits.

1. Item duplication
2. There are some Missingno that are in Lv 80 and 132 that gives you 1300 and 2600 exp points from what I remind
3. Some TM duplication, boosters, hp and pp up are useful for using in Gen. 1 Pokémon caught in Gold, Silver or Crystal.

In my future 3ds walktrough, I will be testing these, since in the RBY/GSC days, I couldn't afford to have 2 game boys, so I'll see if it works, and also I will manage to perform the cloning glitch, so I can get Cyndaquil, Totodile and Chikorita.

SebastiaanZ

I suppose this is a related question in regards to glitches ... can you simply transfer Pokemon trained to lvl 100 from Red/Blue through Rare Candies gained by Missingno to Sun/Moon?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I suppose this is a related question in regards to glitches ... can you simply transfer Pokemon trained to lvl 100 from Red/Blue through Rare Candies gained by Missingno to Sun/Moon?

Yes you can!

If you want Shiny Ditto and have a copy of Yellow and Gold/Silver on the VC, well I just obtained one using a 'glitch' of some sorts.

What you need to is:
Trade Red Gyrados over to Yellow, teach it Mimic from Copycat in Saffron City, once giving her a Pokedoll and then go to Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island, fight a Ditto, use Mimic and copy Transform, then it will transform into Gyrados, then spam Transform, until it uses transform for a second time. Then catch it and trade it to Gold/Silver, and when you trade it over, it will be Shiny! Happy Shiny Hatching from there on out.

Last edited:

SebastiaanZ

Yes you can!

If you want Shiny Ditto and have a copy of Yellow and Gold/Silver on the VC, well I just obtained one using a 'glitch' of some sorts.

What you need to is:
Trade Red Gyrados over to Yellow, teach it Mimic from Copycat in Saffron City, once giving her a Pokedoll and then go to Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island, fight a Ditto, use Mimic and copy Transform, then it will transform into Gyrados, then spam Transform, until it uses transform for a second time. Then catch it and trade it to Gold/Silver, and when you trade it over, it will be Shiny! Happy Shiny Hatching from there on out.

Just so I am getting this right, cause you went off topic after saying Yes, you can!regarding my question :) and that made me confused!, I can safely send Lvl 100 Pokemon trainer by the Missingno method to Sun/Moon?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Just so I am getting this right, cause you went off topic after saying Yes, you can!regarding my question :) and that made me confused!, I can safely send Lvl 100 Pokemon trainer by the Missingno method to Sun/Moon?

Sorry about that, yes, yes you can send them safely.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I only use the Wild MissingNo glitch to get tons of Nuggets and to get Safari Zone and other hard to find Pokémon easily.

ChicoChikorita

Breeder and Writer
Schrödinger's PC Box

An interesting thing happened while I was messing with glitches in the VC release of Silver. I was attempting to make a bad clone for the Celebi egg glitch, but somewhere along the way something happened where the box believed I had 15 Pokemon in it despite only having 10. Curious to see what this glitch entailed, I released the Pokemon in the box, leaving an empty box that thought it contained 10 still. Afterwards, I tried to deposit 11 Pokemon in to see if the counter was just messed up but it only allowed 10 to enter. At this point I checked back in the box and found that it was still empty, despite the game thinking it was completely full. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to access any of these void Pokemon or alter the amount inside the box. I can't find any info on this, so I wanted to see if this is a known side effect of bad cloning or if maybe it's an issue with the vc release in particular.

(Also if this should be in one of the other threads I apologize but it looks likethe gen 2 glitch thread is locked and I'm not sure where else it should go)

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Been doing some nugget cloning so I never have to worry about money again. Ran into one weird side effect; the Pokemon in the day care stopped producing any eggs whatsoever, so there was nothing even after I did both the Ho-Oh and Lugia catch quests and trapsed around for other purposes.

Thankfully, taking one of the breeders out then dropping it back in corrected it and they produced an egg soon after.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Just tested the Mew glitch in my Midori game and it was a success! It did take a little longer than it otherwise should have because I beat the trainers whose Pokemon have the fixed DV of 21. I nevertheless discovered a great alternative: hunting around for Level 16 Diglett in Diglett's Cave after beating the second trainer, then saving before I returned to the original route in the event the Diglett encountered didn't possess the DV needed. I botched it the first time by saving too close to the original route or something, but it wasn't long before I was able to make a second Mew appear. I whittled down its HP with two Pounds from my Clefairy, then put it to sleep using Sing. I tossed a single Pokeball and the next thing I knew, I was the proud owner of my very own (sadly nontransferable) Mew!

I now have a very interesting idea for this Nuzlocke... how does the term "Glitchlocke" sound? ;)

Edit: I'd like to confirm that one cannot encounter MissingNo. in the VC versions of Japanese R/G. I tried using the Mew glitch to find it, but any would-be encounters simply caused the screen to go black and the battle intro to play before locking, forcing me to reset.

Well, I'm sure under-leveled Pokemon will come in handy over GTS...

Last edited:

SebastiaanZ

Is the cloning glitch removed from Pokemon Crystal? Or fixed ...

Wanted to get all three starters, and I can't whatever I try

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Is the cloning glitch removed from Pokemon Crystal? Or fixed ...

Wanted to get all three starters, and I can't whatever I try
It seems that all glitches present in the original version get carried to their VC version so cloning glitches should still be present in the VC version.