• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
I found this huge glitch although some may not consider it a glitch! As you know nearly everything in pokemon games are coded with hex numbers. Some items, attacks, pokemon trainers, and pokemon have the same hex value. like gyarados's hex is 22, vine whip's is 22, and cascade's is 22. But the pokemon doesn't always have the same hex value attack. I don't have a g/s/c so I can't prove its holding an item of same hex. but if someone can trade one to g/s/c and post it here it would help my research. (be sure to include what item it was holding.)
Anyway the main reason is back to hex values pokemon that need stones to evolve don't need the stone if they grow enough levels and the pokemon with the same hex as an item is second in your party.
like moon stone is exeggutor, water stone is onix, leaf stone is psyduck, thunder stone is growlith, and fire stone is the mew trick stat of 32 missingno. just have them second in your party and the stone needing pokemon in front. raise it some levels and poof it evolves!

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
about over lv 100 pokemon as stated by psychokadabra that they are determined by your name. well of the seven characters in your name the first one I have no clue what it does but the 2, 4, 6 letter adds with a number around 126 (a=1 b=2 ect. symbols are 0.) this is its level. Then the 3, 5, 7 determines what pokemon it is. (I don't have many of them but I do know mewtwo is D not d, squirtle is r, abra is z.) and with this you get 3 new kinds of missingno and they are called missingno. For lower case w, x, and y there is the ghost of lavender town missingno and kobutops and areodactyl skeletons. these missingno are much different than the original one. first they have the base moves and type of ether the first or last pokemon in your party. (look in serebii's pokedex for these, attacks with the -) then in battle they are a glitch box or a horribly mutated version of the pokemon right after it in the line up. finally it can learn all the same tms/hms of the last pokemon in your party and last one you saw anywhere. (in battle, pokedex, pokemon next to you in opening those kind.) Oh yeah it can't evolve from what I've seen, its stats jump around, and it doesn't have a picture when you check its stats so it never looks like a skeleton or ghost again.

Manene

The Ultimate Absol~
Okay, I think I might have a minor glitch in my Yellow. One time I was fishing next to the Fishing Guru's house (This is the one that gives you the Super Rod.) and I hooked a Seadra. Then I caught it and checked it's nest. But when I did, It said "Aera Unknown". Its the same for Horsea and Poliwag. Help please?

Manene out;manene;

.::leeloo::.

:.dÐarker than you.:
sounds like a glitch...

shiny charizard master said:
I found this huge glitch although some may not consider it a glitch! As you know nearly everything in pokemon games are coded with hex numbers. Some items, attacks, pokemon trainers, and pokemon have the same hex value. like gyarados's hex is 22, vine whip's is 22, and cascade's is 22. But the pokemon doesn't always have the same hex value attack. I don't have a g/s/c so I can't prove its holding an item of same hex. but if someone can trade one to g/s/c and post it here it would help my research. (be sure to include what item it was holding.)
Anyway the main reason is back to hex values pokemon that need stones to evolve don't need the stone if they grow enough levels and the pokemon with the same hex as an item is second in your party.
like moon stone is exeggutor, water stone is onix, leaf stone is psyduck, thunder stone is growlith, and fire stone is the mew trick stat of 32 missingno. just have them second in your party and the stone needing pokemon in front. raise it some levels and poof it evolves!

yea that happens a lot to people and they dont even know why. kinda funny
the 153 glitch works in much the same way as the element stone hex glitches. haha

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Manene said:
Okay, I think I might have a minor glitch in my Yellow. One time I was fishing next to the Fishing Guru's house (This is the one that gives you the Super Rod.) and I hooked a Seadra. Then I caught it and checked it's nest. But when I did, It said "Aera Unknown". Its the same for Horsea and Poliwag. Help please?

Manene out;manene;

On the old games they wanted to make it hard to find rare pokemon like dratini horsea, seadra those pokemon. for some reason they found it nessary not to include them in the pokedex. but if you have stadium 1 I'm possitive it gives out locations of every pokemon, what level, and rarity

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
A friend came over a little while ago with his gold version and you can trade most glitches found by the mew trick to g/s/c and they think they are johto pokemon! A became a cyndaquill with ice beam, transform, sludgebomb, and rollout! A had known ice beam and transform but it knew tm 24 and tm 17 (glitch attacks like cool trainer) instead of sludgebomb and rollout. so now he has a very unique cyndaquill. I think g/s/c processes 192 and above glitches as g/s/c pokemon since their hexes are similar if not same. and the hexes of glitch moves like tm 24 are processed as the new moves

berty106

Manene said:

Manene out;manene;

im pretty sure that most water pokemon you catch only by fishing possibly surf have 'area unknown' from what i renembered. not sure why just one of those things. if not then my game does it to, its probably not a harmfull glitch but just part of the programing im guessing.

.:Broken Psyche:.

The VERY first time I played my Blue game, my Charmander evolved at :L14. After that, even if I did a factory restart, it never happened again.

Rukario2000

Nyan nyan nyan nyan
A dragonite with a Yoshi head.YEAH,RIGHT! i highly doubt that

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
I don't think I've seen this glitch so I'm going to add it.
COOL DITTO
1. get a ditto
2. go to the grass strip that leads to the curulean cave
3. find a pidgy
4. use transform, switch its sand attack with quick attack and win the battle
5. check ditto's stats instead of transform there should be a blank space when you go over it its type is cooltrainer female symbol
6. use ether, max ether, elixer, max elixer to restore pp (note: pokemon center healing won't work.
7. use in battle has on of three effects
A. weak attack meddium acuracy
B. strong attack with meddium acuracy
C. almost always a one hit ko when opponet dies game resets itself
And that is the cool ditto glitch

yea i've heard about that one. it doesnt have to be a pidgey, it can be any pokemon- you just switch the top and bottom moves

E

EleKid 12

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES-talk about them HERE

ok when i tried me trick after i fley away from gambler then i could not press start.also when i got in a battle my game FROZE.plz tell me y

when you got into a battle, (im assuming with a trainer) did you step right in front of him so that the game stops and the music keeps cycling FOREVER?

if so, there's your problem, you need to make the second trainer walk up to YOU.

k here's the explanation:
when you press start in front of the gambler, and fly away, the game thinks that you were just challenged to a battle and is waiting for the gambler to come to you so that it can initiate the battle screen and animation. since this doesnt happen right away, you essentially "freeze time" within your game. (i dont know how it affects the clock but thats another topic)
when you encounter the second trainer, the game jams up because there is supposed to be a pause where the trainer walks up to you (the game has confused the two trainers) if the trainer can't walk up to you because you are right infront of him, then the game loses all continuity and freaks out. thats why it freezes.

on the other hand, if the trainer does walk up to you , then the game will just think it was the gambler. once the battle is over the game is back to normal.. almost. its still got a small backed up bit of info that says you pressed the start button on the route with the gambler. so when you go to that route the start menu pops up. then you encounter mew.. yada yada yada

hope that wasnt too confusing...

Last edited:
One of my friends told me about a Bills Garden a couple years back. He says if you have six machamps, and they all use strength, you can push the boulders of Pallet Town. Then there's a bunch of Pokemon like Kabutops and Mew and stuff. Has anyone cracked this code?

krymzen

<-- Geodude is ANGRY
*****I have just discovered this.. am i the only one that has???***

Where is Glitch city?
look, I know that glitch city is in the Safari zone... But I was using walk through walls code on my friends device-of-much-evilness, and I walked "through" the entrance to the elite 4..
WHere is says, "you need the boulderbadge, go out side and then walk through the building, and it looks exactly like glitch city, the 9's all over the screen and everything.... except there's a cerulean guard that looks to me like he's half eaten.. XD

Am I the only one to find this? or is this old news?

thanks!

hiropkmnmaster said:
One of my friends told me about a Bills Garden a couple years back. He says if you have six machamps, and they all use strength, you can push the boulders of Pallet Town. Then there's a bunch of Pokemon like Kabutops and Mew and stuff. Has anyone cracked this code?

slap your friend
there isn't and never was anything called bill's garden or anything resembling a garden.
this is a phony stupid fake(more stupid than the mew under the truck deal)
i hope you never tried to find bill's garden
face it.. gardening's not his thing

krymzen said:
*****I have just discovered this.. am i the only one that has???***

Where is Glitch city?
look, I know that glitch city is in the Safari zone... But I was using walk through walls code on my friends device-of-much-evilness, and I walked "through" the entrance to the elite 4..
WHere is says, "you need the boulderbadge, go out side and then walk through the building, and it looks exactly like glitch city, the 9's all over the screen and everything.... except there's a cerulean guard that looks to me like he's half eaten.. XD

Am I the only one to find this? or is this old news?

thanks!

well since you used a cheating device, then anything can happen. plus the game was supposed to keep that section locked until you got all of the badges- and you didnt even have the first one! and you're not supposed to be able to walk back out once you walk in, so it IS glitch city but not one that many people have seen.

Last edited:
Oh. ITs just that he printed out this sheets telling me about cloning in G/S and Missingno in R/B. I thought since those were true, then maybe bills garden was real too. Sorry for the dumbo question. Heh heh. Dumbo.

Faerie

MONS
Yeesh. I've heard so many rumours about glitches in my life, expecially in early elementary school...I remember something about the Saffron City gym, but I can't remember exactly what it was. But there was this other one about fighting Ketsuban (Missingno.) and then, after the battle, items would rain from the sky. o_O I'm not making this up; someone really told me that would happen. And for a while I believed it, probably because I didn't own Red, Blue or Yellow at the time. xD