• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Xewtwo

You know, I've heard of a lot of glitchy stories, mostly involving Missingno. or one of the other scrambled pokemon. But I have one that doesn't involve any of them.

Typically, I keep my pokemon when I play new games by putting them on Stadium before I restart. Now, one day while doing this, I was just randomly checking my pokemon when I noticed one of my numerous LOLAs (the Jynx you trade for in Cerulean City) was suddenly a Weezing.

Yes, a Weezing. It wasn't just a Weezing named LOLA, it had been a Jynx. It knew Lovely Kiss and Double Slap and everything. I have no explanation for this. It was totally random. Unfortunately, I don't have the mutant Weezing anymore; once, when I was restarting my file, I forgot to keep all my old pokemon, so I lost it. It still freaks me out though.

The onyl glitch I can think of being weirder is probably the ZZAZZ glitch, except for at least ZZAZZ has an explantion. This one didn't.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Yeah I can see what you mean. But I'm sure the game reverts to the next best data. []M[] and MISSINGNO are usually recalled in the 0(th) place, right?
As for pokemon like LM4/ 44Hy, they are most definitely NOT 0(th). They're in the higher numbers right? SO I dunno, just seems to be like that.
No, only 'M is 0th.

Ammako

I just discovered why Missingno. has BIRD type!

If you go to Vermillion Gym, before fighting Lt. Surge, talk to the guy who gives you advice.

At a point, he says "... BIRD/WATER-type POKéMON match poorly against the ELECTRIC type."

pokemoniac

Really Smrt Trainer
Nah, that guy was probably just referring to bird-like pokemon in general. The type BIRD is probably just another glitch.

Lestros

I was trying for Missingno recently. Before I went to Viridian, i was at the safari zone. Then when i was surfing up and down the east of Cinnabar some pokemon from the safari zone appeared (it was ironically the first time i ever caught a Tauros on Blue)

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Missingno is a glitch.
Yeah, so?

Erus Black Mage said:
Guys I got a question.

You know how meeting Missingno will screw up your Hall of Fame.

But, would defeating the Elite 4 a second time after that fix it? Or will it be still screwed?
It will still be screwed, but who cares?

Firemonkey1

Fire Champion
On Blue if you surf on the line in Cinnabar that is right next to the gym until that line ends it will take a few minutes and then you will see alot of freaky Pokemon. You could even see M and Pokemon above Lv.100. Trust me I now have a Lv.139 Golduck.

Chaos Rush

On Blue if you surf on the line in Cinnabar that is right next to the gym until that line ends it will take a few minutes and then you will see alot of freaky Pokemon. You could even see M and Pokemon above Lv.100. Trust me I now have a Lv.139 Golduck.
Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY already knew that. Seriously, that has been known for about 10 years now.

Missingno Stands For Missing Number So that means it can evolve into any pokemon

...................MY ARCEUS PWNS U ;493; so does my shaymin ;492; and my darkrai;491; DARKRAI RULES;491;

Mr.Penguin

Missingno Stands For Missing Number So that means it can evolve into any pokemon

...................MY ARCEUS PWNS U ;493; so does my shaymin ;492; and my darkrai;491; DARKRAI RULES;491;

My Missingno evolved into a Kangaskhan before my game file became corrupt and I had to start over :(

The Dark Fiddler

Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY already knew that. Seriously, that has been known for about 10 years now.

Yes, but what some people don't know is that the Pokemon you find is based on your name.

No, I'm pretty sure they almost always evolve into Khangaskhan.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
Guys I got a question.

You know how meeting Missingno will screw up your Hall of Fame.

But, would defeating the Elite 4 a second time after that fix it? Or will it be still screwed?

I can still remember the days of Missingno and the Hall of Fame.

Basicly, as you said, encountering Missingno corupts your Hall of Fame. Should you beat the Elite 4 after this encounter, those entries will be fine, but the prior ones will still be glitched up.

I've even done a speedrun once using a couple of glitches.

Champion Jared 14

Totally weird, but as I restarted my Yellow one time, in a battle against a wild pokemon, pika's HP was in the mid orange, and the game said, "Pikachu bursted with rage!" and it recovered some HP. I was like, WTH?!!? It was like a berry restoration in G/S/C!

Also, in the grass not far from Pallet town, once, I found a wild weedle. So WEIRD>

patykida

If you do the MissingNo trick (= Mew Trick) Sometimes weird stuff hapen.

Like me, i was swimming in water with no pokémon and a lvl7 Blastoise appeard.

Ammako

I've found some interesting AR codes to get some Missingno. (Not going to put the codes down, but gonna put the Hex no.)

"7g" (glitched up slowpoke, doesn't seem to learn any new attacks, no dangerous glitches, but plays music for its cry when outside battle)
Hex no.: C6

"Double Box" (really glitched up charizard,don't know about attacks, slows down battles, so you have top press the buttons a couple times to get them to work alot, but will stop if you put him in your box. However, if you DO put him in your box, you can't withrdaw him)
Hex no.: C7

"4. ." (glitched up golduck, has pokedex data!!! OMG!!! No dangerous glitches, doesn't learn new attacks)
Hex no.: C5

"Z4" (glitched beedrill, learns a couple attacks, no glitchiness)
Hex no.: C3

"Pokemon-P" (a glitch of its own [#230?!], really, REALLY low stats, no bad glitches)
Hex no.: C2

"X" (#203, abnormally high attack & HP [yay!], may flip images of opponents and such, as well as a purple square around him when in battle, making the text hard to read)
Hex no.: C4

Most of them learn "TM#" moves while leveling ([___] PkMn [_]P learned TM24!)

Last edited: