• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
My Missingno evolved into a Kangaskhan before my game file became corrupt and I had to start over :(
Missingno. DOES NOT evolve into Kangaskhan. It doesn't corrupt your game either.

Pingouin7 said:
I've found some interesting AR codes to get some Missingno. (Not going to put the codes down, but gonna put the Hex no.)

"7g" (glitched up slowpoke, doesn't seem to learn any new attacks, no dangerous glitches, but plays music for its cry when outside battle)
Hex no.: C6

"Double Box" (really glitched up charizard,don't know about attacks, slows down battles, so you have top press the buttons a couple times to get them to work alot, but will stop if you put him in your box. However, if you DO put him in your box, you can't withrdaw him)
Hex no.: C7

"4. ." (glitched up golduck, has pokedex data!!! OMG!!! No dangerous glitches, doesn't learn new attacks)
Hex no.: C5

"Z4" (glitched beedrill, learns a couple attacks, no glitchiness)
Hex no.: C3

"Pokemon-P" (a glitch of its own [#230?!], really, REALLY low stats, no bad glitches)
Hex no.: C2

"X" (#203, abnormally high attack & HP [yay!], may flip images of opponents and such, as well as a purple square around him when in battle, making the text hard to read)
Hex no.: C4
No, they ARE NOT MISSINGNO.!

New rule: If it's not called Missingno., it's not a Missingno. >_>

If I recall correctly, most if not all glitch Pokemon were Missing Number Pokemon, which is abbreviated in MissingNo.'s name. Missingno is just named MissingNo. because the game grabs the error message.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
If I recall correctly, most if not all glitch Pokemon were Missing Number Pokemon, which is abbreviated in MissingNo.'s name. Missingno is just named MissingNo. because the game grabs the error message.
If you recall correctly from where?

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
NO. That FAQ is not credible, mainly because any expert of glitches should know that Missingno. DOES NOT corrupt your game. However, he does have some good theories, such as the fact that the Bird type comes from Bird Keeper.

Last edited:

IIMarckus

However, he does have some good theories, such as the fact that the Bird type comes from Bird Keeper.
I'll pop in to say that while it's a good guess, the theory is completely false. Bird is its own type, is physically defined in the ROM, exists in G/S/C, and is not a glitch type. In fact, the only "glitchy" thing about it is that Missingno. and such Pokemon are of that type. Other than that, Bird is a fully functional and working type.

Ammako

However, he does have some good theories, such as the fact that the Bird type comes from Bird Keeper.

I think the BIRD/WATER type comes from the man beside the gym statues in Vermillion Gym, he says something like "BIRD/WATER type Pokémon are weak agaisnt the ELECTRIC type."

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX

Larry

I remember my friend caught like a lv 200 Golduck and it grew to lv 1 with great stats...

Supergodzilla1

Elementary my dear.
Missingno. can cause some glitches to your game though, like the hall of fame glitch, and the way it inverts, and sometimes cuts up a trainer or pokemon sprite. But I see your point
Overall it's hardly worth mentioning. The sprite inverting is temporary and the Hall of Fame- we brag about the Hall of Fame now?

If you go into other glitches like .4 and LM4 you'll get alot more drastic changes in the game. Freezes and the likes. Given that my Pokemon Blue's internal battery is whacked I can't tell if the Trainer moves actually corrupt saves. Although I am VERY happy I've found a method of backing up my saves- just so I don't lose my glitch team progress.

On another note I finished my glitch team. The only downside is I keep getting them turned into Rhydons whenever I try to change some things.
I'll be seeing about building up the perfect glitch team to dominate the game with, eventually. Another hurdle is thier movesets. The Trainer moves and some other odd attacks usually either faint the glitch pokemon or freezes the game. This leaves me in a circle of trail and error. When I feel motivated to jump back into Blue again we'll see if I finally succeed.

I still got the first all glitch team. I'll claim that with confidence.

Dang it if I hadn't evolved my LM4 and Chiisai-u I could say I had done so before you, but I did, so congrats.

MY TEAM
Brutus (Charizard 'M) Lv100
-Dig
-Double Team
-Karate Chop
-Aurora Beam
(Note Brutus is Nicknamed so I can tell him apart from other 'Ms)

.4 Lv100
-Cut
-Surf
-TM28
-Wing Attack

LM4 (Nidoking) Lv100
-Water Gun
-TM05
-Horn Drill (Need to Replace this)
-Body Slam

Fearow (ex Chiisai-u) Lv100
-TM05
-Fire Punch
-High Jump Kick
-Fly

A Lv100
-Psychic
-Reflect
-Transform
-Hydro Pump

h POKE Lv100
-Conversion
-Confuse Ray
-Night Shade
-Mega Drain

I've rediscovered Glitching, so expect me to be here often.

PorygoD

One time. I was like, 6 and I had just gotten my first pokemon game ever, Pokemon Blue. I got to like, the 6th or 7th gym leader, don't remember his name, I do remember he had a Venomoth. But yeah. That was the first time I'd gotten poisoned and the poisoned pokemon survived the battle. So when you walk around, the game does that little static/blur thing. I thought my game was broken, so I started crying and was very sad. Then my pokemon fainted and I was like. Oh.

i caught an M and evolved it into a Kangaskhan
it didn't ruin my game
one time i accidently duplicated HM03, so i was depositing over 100 of them in my pc.. which was very boring

I can't imagine the glitch doing anything good for your game though, so maybe its just a matter of time before the red version that i borrowed from my cousin corrupts

i3lacksnow

Gyarados tamer
does anyone know of the glitch were you can lvl a pokemon past 100 with rare candies and

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
i caught an M and evolved it into a Kangaskhan
it didn't ruin my game (Of course it doesn't! >_>)
one time i accidently duplicated HM03, so i was depositing over 100 of them in my pc.. which was very boring

I can't imagine the glitch doing anything good for your game though, so maybe its just a matter of time before the red version that i borrowed from my cousin corrupts
Lies. ALL LIES! Nearly all glitches don't hurt your game badly, except the ZZAZZ glitch ad .4's Super Glitch attack.

froslass123

Ain't I cute?
Is there a missingno. cheat for blue? I tried
some but then i realized it was for green......

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Yes, there's a Missingno. cheat glitch for Blue.

Talk to the old guy who teaches you how to catch Pokemon. Then Fly to Cinnabar and swim up and down on theeast shore. You're bound to find high-leveled Pokemon.

furret93

When I caught a Missingno in my Red version, it never evolved, but it glitched and saved the game before leaving the battle screen. .____.