• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

srry not sure if this has been posted but there is a glitch that does let you catch mew ive done in R/B (at least in red havent tried in blue ) when you fisrt get to cerulean city and cross nugget bridge battle the traines on the way to bills up till the youngster(do not battle him) that faces north go back to the grass west of nugget bridge adn catch a abra (do not battle the trainer) after you capture abra move so that when you take one step down you will battle the trainer in the grass take the step and as soon as you do hit start and have abra teleport you back to cerulean (your pause will be disabled) head back across nugget bridge and battle the youngster (he has a slowpoke) beat him and teleport back to cerulean again (your pause will work now) now make your way back to nugget bridge while crossing you will run into a wild lvl 5 mew catch it and profit

srry not sure if this has been posted but there is a glitch that does let you catch mew ive done in R/B (at least in red havent tried in blue ) when you fisrt get to cerulean city and cross nugget bridge battle the traines on the way to bills up till the youngster(do not battle him) that faces north go back to the grass west of nugget bridge adn catch a abra (do not battle the trainer) after you capture abra move so that when you take one step down you will battle the trainer in the grass take the step and as soon as you do hit start and have abra teleport you back to cerulean (your pause will be disabled) head back across nugget bridge and battle the youngster (he has a slowpoke) beat him and teleport back to cerulean again (your pause will work now) now make your way back to nugget bridge while crossing you will run into a wild lvl 5 mew catch it and profit

Just about everyone knows about this glitch, not to be insulting or anything, also I'm pretty sure it's a level 7 Mew.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
one time i caught a missing no. and saved odd enough nothing happened.then i traded it to pokemon fire red save nothing happened then i traded it to diamond and pearl and it messed up my game.all pokemon even trainers had missing no. i swear.
First of all, it's not "odd enough" that nothing happened. You ever think that maybe Missingno. doesn't have any negative effects on the game?! Secondly, it's impossible to trade between Red/Blue and FireRed. And thirdly, 3rd generation games don't let you transfer glitch Pokemon to D/P. I know, I've tried transferring my ? from Emerald to Pearl, and it said "That POKéMON is not allowed to migrate.".

Krug: Actually, when performing the Mew Glitch, using Growl on the last Pokemon you battle will lower the level of the resulting Pokemon. So yes, it is possible to get a lv. 5 (or lower!) Mew out of this trick.

one time i caught a missing no. and saved odd enough nothing happened.then i traded it to pokemon fire red save nothing happened then i traded it to diamond and pearl and it messed up my game.all pokemon even trainers had missing no. i swear.

Another thing is that Missingno. doesn't exist in D/P, Blank does and the "8000" hybrids do, but no Missingno.

Wow, didn't know that Missingno. Master. Sound cool, I guess I'll try it one day.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
^Now that is suspicious...

First of all, it's not "odd enough" that nothing happened. You ever think that maybe Missingno. doesn't have any negative effects on the game?! Secondly, it's impossible to trade between Red/Blue and FireRed. And thirdly, 3rd generation games don't let you transfer glitch Pokemon to D/P. I know, I've tried transferring my ? from Emerald to Pearl, and it said "That POKéMON is not allowed to migrate.".

Krug: Actually, when performing the Mew Glitch, using Growl on the last Pokemon you battle will lower the level of the resulting Pokemon. So yes, it is possible to get a lv. 5 (or lower!) Mew out of this trick.
Also, if you somehow increase the Attack, you'll increase the Level. Maximum is 13. I'm fairly sure that Swagger doesn't exist in R/B though.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
The opponent would have to use Swords Dance then.

Trade back Scyther's a decent candidate for this.

One thing I'm able to do in Yellow is doing the Mew Glitch starting with the Rocket by the Ether, and when the trick is complete, you can skip all the trainers on the bottom of Mount Moon (barring Team Rocket's battle). You can still get one of the fossils however.

Although I have heard that there are some sprites labeled "ketsuban."

^Now that is suspicious...

Problem is, they're just Overworld sprites, I'm a member at GCL so I would know, just read GARY 'M 9's Post"

GARY 'M 9 said:
Ketsuban is found in many places on the ROM, but they are all OW sprite file names. Now, if someone had a sprite mod AR code I could...

So unless they put a tetris block in as a sprite I doubt it would be anything relating to the original.

Oh, and for those who go there I'm Boxman, the guy in the Decamark Research Thread. I really hate the "Gameshark Taboo" here, so maybe that's why I don't go to the Glitch threads that much, but I really should just post sometimes.

Last edited:

IIMarckus

So unless they put a tetris block in as a sprite I doubt it would be anything relating to the original.
Really though, the block sprite shouldn't be associated with Missingno. at all. The only parts of RBY's Missingno. that have any substance are the name and the cry (short Nidoran cry is the game's equivalent of a blank).

gamertamer3659

Pokemon Mythbuster
i got a neat trick. its kinda like the mew glitch but all u have to do is change the trainers that tele or fly away from and change the peson that u fight and presto! a pokemon that isnt mew pokemon that u encouter depends on who u fight and how u do it.

also how do you get missingno in Yellow?

Last edited by a moderator:

IIMarckus

I kinda doubt the MISSINGNO is a glitch. I'm sure its just an easter egg they put in there on purpose.

Not here for trolling, so yeah.
Missingno. is not a glitch, but it has glitchy effects and is obtained through a glitch. The creature is more of a placeholder than anything else.

kirapwns

PS3?OverNLNEthousand
Missingno. is not a glitch, but it has glitchy effects and is obtained through a glitch. The creature is more of a placeholder than anything else.

I agree.
I caught one on my Blue Version when I first learned about the Item duplication glitch and it screwed up my memory. >.<

And I encountered a lvl 134 Snorlax.... It was... weird.

Retro Returns

King of Stuff
Seeing as there's all this talk about lowering attack moves lowering Missingno's level, is it possible to get a level 0 or minus level Missingno?

Ammako

In R/B, there's a glitch that allows you to enter Glitch Cave. I once entered it, but I don't know how I did it.

All the grass on the route I was changed to cave walls and the non-grass place was changed with cave floor! 0_o

It happened after I won a battle with a person, in Red.

iup788

pro cloyster
Cool, high level pokemon!

I did the missingno. glitch on Red, and I got really high leveled pokemon, level 147 muk level 152 snorlax. They don't corrupt your game. If you battle with them they go back to level 100. Missingno. Makes you game really glitchy if you catch him.