• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

pkmnhippy

Banned
In R/B, there's a glitch that allows you to enter Glitch Cave. I once entered it, but I don't know how I did it.

All the grass on the route I was changed to cave walls and the non-grass place was changed with cave floor! 0_o

It happened after I won a battle with a person, in Red.

Interesting, the game swaped the first tileset with the second.

I got a lv.100 ;003; before Brock with the Mew Glitch :).

Sparkle Blitz

Just Call Me Sparkle
Me and a friend post our Glitches on our Youtube channel. They aren't very good, but whatever xD Yeah, I like looking for missingnos, and going on the internet to see what kind of chain of events you can set off, i.e the Mew glitch.

i caught missingo it stuffed up my game , the mew glitch was pretty cool

Mr.Palkia_7389

when my brother did the misingno cheat he found the kobutops skeleton at level 150. pretty random huh.

I apologize if this has been asked/mentioned already, but I don't really want to read through ninety pages. D:

I've been trying to do the duplicating items glitch, and it's not working. Here's what I was told to do...Put the item to be duplicated in 6th slot. Talk to old man. Say No, not in a hurry. Watch him catch a weedle. Fly to Fuschia. Go South and use surf at waters edge. Go to Seafoam Islands. Swim up and down shore at Seafoam Islands until you run into Missingno. Kill him or run away.

Is that wrong? Because all I keep running into is Tentacool.

G-Nash

Hi everyone
I've been playing through Blue for the last few weeks (nostalgia ftw!) and have been trying to complete my Pokedex without the need to trade anything, using the Mew glitch, using the list of what Special stat gives what Pokemon. I've been working my way down the list numerically and am currently trying to get a Mankey with the use of an Aerodactyl with a Special of 52 (the Rare Candy cheat used on Calcium came in handy..), but I've tried it a few times and whenever the 'wild' Pokemon appears it turns up as a Missingno instead of a Mankey. It's worked for every other Pokemon I've tried so far - can anyone suggest why I'm having problems here?

The only other oddity I've experienced so far was using a Special of 26 I was trying to get a Scyther, but I caught the wild Ditto used in the glitch rather than running from it, and the glitch created a Growlithe instead of a Scyther when I got back to Route 8.

Ammako

Hum...

It's not called the Rare Candy cheat, it's called the Item Cloning glitch.

Anyways, are you sure that your list has the EXACT good numbers?

Ammako

Hum...

It's not called the Rare Candy cheat, it's called the Item Cloning glitch.

Anyways, are you sure that your list has the EXACT good numbers?

ArabGamer

I apologize if this has been asked/mentioned already, but I don't really want to read through ninety pages. D:

I've been trying to do the duplicating items glitch, and it's not working. Here's what I was told to do...Put the item to be duplicated in 6th slot. Talk to old man. Say No, not in a hurry. Watch him catch a weedle. Fly to Fuschia. Go South and use surf at waters edge. Go to Seafoam Islands. Swim up and down shore at Seafoam Islands until you run into Missingno. Kill him or run away.

Is that wrong? Because all I keep running into is Tentacool.

Put the item to be duplicated in the 6th slot, then talk to old man, say no, watch him catch a weedle.Fly STRAIGHT AWAY to CINNABAR ISLAND, go to the RIGHT side of the island (not the left lol).Keep surfing up and down until you see Missingno.Kill it or run away. ;)

In Green: After getting the potion from the man on Route 1, he walked sideways.

isn't that creepy? in my red, i talk to the old man or some scientist and they walk sideways. it's really odd and freaky. and...i don't know...i think if you level a pokemon over lv. 100 and it reaches 0..if you battle with it and it gets hit..it gets the infinite hp glitch thing. i think that's it right?

I've gotten plenty of Glitches. Just do diffrent Specials while doing the Mew Glitch. You find all kinds of Glitchs. Of course, you should probably know which Specials to do so you don't end up going through all of them just to see a couple of Glitches.

DarkraiRulez

Missingno is actually quite a good pokemon.

If you catch it above lvl 100 after its first successful battle it will go down to lvl 100 but it will have infinate health!!!

Defend

Zap! Um.. no?
I Just done the missingno trick and i went into summery of my pokemon..
Came back out and it had turned into a mew sprite.

Exenzel

I remember trying to get missingo, and I somehow ran into my rival...

I fought 5 glitch Pokemon (looked the same as missingo but different shapes) and a Nidorino, all level 32 with similiar sprites for letters in their names.

And the music was completely randomised, kinda scary actually.