• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Grr, I'm a bit disappointed in the battle between Ash and Trip. For Pikachu to take so many hits and then just comeback with a single combo was bs. And I didn't know Bianca's Emboar was female until now. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
I found it funny with Cilan said he was amazed by Ash's creativity. Ash vs. Trip was complete bull. Pikachu was on the verge of getting KO'd the entire match, and Pikachu still somehow not only survives, but takes out Serperior in one hit.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
For Satoshi's final battle against Shooti, I must say that I was expecting a much more climactic ending than watching Jalorda versus Pikachu. At the very least, I would've liked a full six-on-six match.

I thought that Serperior vs Pikachu was meant to be symbolic since it was the long awaited rematch between them. After the way Snivy beat Pikachu, Pikachu needed payback ha ha. A full battle would've been cool tho if the pace was better.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought that Serperior vs Pikachu was meant to be symbolic since it was the long awaited rematch between them. After the way Snivy beat Pikachu, Pikachu needed payback ha ha. A full battle would've been cool tho if the pace was better.

I can comprehend how Jalorda versus Pikachu was symbolic, but this was Satoshi's last match against Shooti, so a full six on six match would've settled things better.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Didn't like the episode. Serperior squeezing Pikachu was brutal, and the combo move taking the former in one hit felt cheap. They could at least have Static activate to power up Electro Ball. I wish Ash vs Trip was a full battle, though, since we never got to see if his Pokemon (excluding Serperior and Conkeldurr) fully evolved. Bianca vs Cameron wasn't that good, either. I was hoping to see Emboar use Wild Charge/Grass Knot against Samurott, but it never happened. I felt sorry for Oshawott when Pikachu zapped him.
4/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was hoping to see Emboar use Wild Charge/Grass Knot against Samurott, but it never happened.

Did Bel's Enbuoh even know those attacks? Because even if it did, I doubt that the type advantage would've changed the battle's outcome seeing as Kotetsu had plot armor on his side.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Did Bel's Enbuoh even know those attacks? Because even if it did, I doubt that the type advantage would've changed the battle's outcome seeing as Kotetsu had plot armor on his side.
They could have easily showcase Emboar with these moves to demonstrate Bianca isn't that weak of a Trainer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
They could have easily showcase Emboar with these moves to demonstrate Bianca isn't that weak of a Trainer.

I suppose so, but then again she was always portrayed as a weakling in BW, so her match here ended up being what we all expected.

Ash vs Trip's battle was dumb.
OSHAWOTT NO
Cameron vs Bianca was a great battle. Cameron is actually a good battler and isn't dumb like he is outside of it.

RafaSceptile

The reason why this episode was so bad is because they wasted the next episode with a filler instead of pacing better both of the battles in this episode.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Trip has a League Ranking which is even below than ****ing Nando's :p. This episode was basically the writers putting this boring-as-**** rivalry out of its misery first. I think this is the writers admitting Trip was a dud.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Trip has a League Ranking which is even below than ****ing Nando's :p. This episode was basically the writers putting this boring-as-**** rivalry out of its misery first. I think this is the writers admitting Trip was a dud.
Tbh this league overall just felt like the writers just threw the towel on BW. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if all of it was deliberate

Sham

The Guardian of War
Oh boy.

In spite of me liking this series, yeah this league was such a downer compared to the Sinnoh League. And a part of me thinks that it's because we just met Virgil and Cameron so 2/4 of the rivals even being shown we don't even care about. Conway, Paul, Nando and Barry were all characters we got time to be acquainted with. It doesn't help that Bianca ends up losing to the lesser known rival but more on that later on

I did appreciate how this episode episode showed Trip's dedication towards defeating Alder. He know longer cares about just defeating Alder and proving his strength by becoming the Unova Champion but instead sees Alder as somebody to aspire too and defeat based on finding him admirable. Similar to Ash and Leon. He's no longer focused on just getting strong but developing as a trainer as well. The sad part is we don't get this fully explored until the end of the series (Junior Cup and Unova League) so you're left to fill in the holes there. I do still find myself appreciating him more as a character. I'd like to think he will end up beating Alder.

Quite frankly the battle was lame but so was Trip so it's whatever. A lot of people were mad at the time that this was a 1 v 1 but I'm glad it was. I feel like they added in all of those tense scenes of Ash losing to Trip and making this reflect their first battle as some sort of compensation for the people crying about their original battle lol.

The battle had some good moments like showing how far Trip came by using Superiror's tail as a way of directing the Thunderbolt to the grown and Pikachu pulling off two moves at the same time is not given enough credit.

Bianca vs Cameron? Yea trash. Attract has got to be the most spammed move ever. Although I'm happy this wasn't the end and we got to see Bianca, Trip and Stephan one more time

Last edited: