1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Grr, I'm a bit disappointed in the battle between Ash and Trip. For Pikachu to take so many hits and then just comeback with a single combo was bs. And I didn't know Bianca's Emboar was female until now. :p

2. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

I found it funny with Cilan said he was amazed by Ash's creativity. Ash vs. Trip was complete bull. Pikachu was on the verge of getting KO'd the entire match, and Pikachu still somehow not only survives, but takes out Serperior in one hit.

3. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I thought that Serperior vs Pikachu was meant to be symbolic since it was the long awaited rematch between them. After the way Snivy beat Pikachu, Pikachu needed payback ha ha. A full battle would've been cool tho if the pace was better.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I can comprehend how Jalorda versus Pikachu was symbolic, but this was Satoshi's last match against Shooti, so a full six on six match would've settled things better.

MockingJ likes this.
  5. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Didn't like the episode. Serperior squeezing Pikachu was brutal, and the combo move taking the former in one hit felt cheap. They could at least have Static activate to power up Electro Ball. I wish Ash vs Trip was a full battle, though, since we never got to see if his Pokemon (excluding Serperior and Conkeldurr) fully evolved. Bianca vs Cameron wasn't that good, either. I was hoping to see Emboar use Wild Charge/Grass Knot against Samurott, but it never happened. I felt sorry for Oshawott when Pikachu zapped him.
    4/10

6. Leonhart

Did Bel's Enbuoh even know those attacks? Because even if it did, I doubt that the type advantage would've changed the battle's outcome seeing as Kotetsu had plot armor on his side.

MockingJ likes this.
  7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

They could have easily showcase Emboar with these moves to demonstrate Bianca isn't that weak of a Trainer.

8. Leonhart

I suppose so, but then again she was always portrayed as a weakling in BW, so her match here ended up being what we all expected.

MockingJ likes this.