• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
OMG OMG MG

I GOT MY SHIRTLESS DEENTO SCENE. AND KOtESTU HURTiNG HIMSELF WITh HIS HEABAND.

fjkfhglfhghafg <3

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
OMG OMG MG

I GOT MY SHIRTLESS DEENTO SCENE. AND KOtESTU HURTiNG HIMSELF WITh HIS HEABAND.

fjkfhglfhghafg <3

haha for some reason when i saw that scene i knew you would go crazy :p

i really enjoyed this episode. but a 2v2 in a league battle :( this league seems really rushed i wouldve loved for atleast a 3v3 with bel and kotetsu

Hanto

Water Addiction
Damned rat one shotted beloved serperior -_-

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
only two more questions from me.

Does Trip say anything when Serperior goes down or does he just remain silent with that "shocked" expression.

What attack did ferrothorn use on Elektross, whatever it was it looked like it went into the slugs mouth OO;

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
What attack did ferrothorn use on Elektross, whatever it was it looked like it went into the slugs mouth OO;

Pin Missile
-

Also i forgot to state, Samurott's win vs Escavalier was really dumb. Escavalier maximized it's Defense stat and after one Razor Shell it lowered it's defense by one stat, he shouldn't had been able to KO it so easily. One can argue that Emboar's win vs Samurott was also dumb but at least it was consistent to the Attract pokemon being immoble in the anime. Unless Freddy stated "ooh a critical hit!" or something, then fine.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Also i forgot to state, Samurott's win vs Escavalier was really dumb. Escavalier maximized it's Defense stat and after one Razor Shell it lowered it's defense by one stat, he shouldn't had been able to KO it so easily. One can argue that Emboar's win vs Samurott was also dumb but at least it was consistent to the Attract pokemon being immoble in the anime. Unless Freddy stated "ooh a critical hit!" or something, then fine.
What I find more shocking is why did Iron Defense somehow save Escavalier from Samurott's Hydro Cannon?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
What I find more shocking is why did Iron Defense somehow save Escavalier from Samurott's Hydro Cannon?

because defensive techniques in the anime often cover both defenses of the pokemon, not just one or the other like in the games.

Heck look at when Torkoal used Iron Defense, very little could hurt it when it used it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

It didn't. Escavalier dodged it.

Samurott: Hydro Cannon
Escavalier: Dodged and Iron Defense
Samurott: Hydro Cannon
Escavalier: Dodged and Iron Defense
Samurott: Razor Shell
Escavalier: Dodge and Iron Defense (game wise Defense is max)
Escavalier: Fury Attack
Samurott: Razor Shell used to defend then a single hit. Escavalier's Defense dropped.
Samurott: Double Razor Shell, first one dodged, second one hit. Escavalier struggles enduring it and faints.

So you see why this match makes no sense to me.

Joltik-Kid

because defensive techniques in the anime often cover both defenses of the pokemon, not just one or the other like in the games.

Heck look at when Torkoal used Iron Defense, very little could hurt it when it used it.
I just fine it odd that Energy Ball drops Special Defense in the Roxie battle, but then we go right back to both defenses being the same with Trip using Leer against Burgundy's Darmanitan

It didn't. Escavalier dodged it.
I did not know that... I thought Serebii said it hit, must have misread that

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
How else do you explain him not using Solarbeam (would have totally worked with Wrap) or Frezeny Plant. Instead Serperior for some reason learned Wrap for this one battle and spammed Dragon Tail the entire time.

Come on Pepsi, your kind of a stickler about my posts lately... I'm just curious about these things.

He changed his pokemon moveset to fit it into a diferent strategy, its unrealistic to think someone would make their pokemon weaker on purpose.

Not my intention.

Joltik-Kid

He changed his pokemon moveset to fit it into a diferent strategy, its unrealistic to think someone would make their pokemon weaker on purpose.

Not my intention.
I never said he made the moveset weaker, just that the writers changed the moves to give Pikachu a better shot of beating Serperior

Sometimes it feels like it. I don't type these things to get on your nerves, just that I've changed a bit since joining.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I never said he made the moveset weaker, just that the writers changed the moves to give Pikachu a better shot of beating Serperior

Or trip decided to use what he felt was convient at the time either way thier are factors on both sides.

Sometimes it feels like it. I don't type these things to get on your nerves, just that I've changed a bit since joining.

At least you ain't gone on psyco rampages like some people have been doing.

As for the whole Offense/Defense thing, I guess the writers just change it to how they want it to work, cause heck Close Combat's defense dropping weakness wasn't brought up until we saw Sawk battle for the first time after we saw Staraptor abuse the move and not pay for it, as well as Flint's Infernape who used it several times against Pikachu and seemed to take no drawback pain at all.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Or trip decided to use what he felt was convient at the time either way thier are factors on both sides.
Fair enough, guess I should be a bit more specific from now on.

At least you ain't gone on psyco rampages like some people have been doing.
I might know who your talking about, but it's best that I don't assume anything right now XD

As for the whole Offense/Defense thing, I guess the writers just change it to how they want it to work, cause heck Close Combat's defense dropping weakness wasn't brought up until we saw Sawk battle for the first time after we saw Staraptor abuse the move and not pay for it, as well as Flint's Infernape who used it several times against Pikachu and seemed to take no drawback pain at all.
I made a few points in I think the Sawk thread about how wishy-washy this show is when it comes to moves and stuff. Sometimes imunities work and other times their completely neglected. Same can be said with move effects and stats too I guess

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Like I said it makes no sense, they wouldn't make it look weaker, its as strong or stronger then he was, the moveset is just diferent he changed to counter Pikachu or something else he had in mind.

Not getting on my nerves don't worry, my reaction if more like faceplaming XD.

Joltik-Kid

Like I said it makes no sense, they wouldn't make it look weaker, its as strong or stronger then he was, the moveset is just diferent he changed to counter Pikachu or something else he had in mind.

Not getting on my nerves don't worry, my reaction if more like faceplaming XD.
Even if that wasn't the intention... Wrap as a move has never been that threatening of a move, especially since the user is a far more of a risk then the receiver...

Gee, doesn't that make me feel so much better :/

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
hm....I have yet to watch it, but in the end, I feel like the match between trip and ash was okay.

First of all, I have to say that pikachu, being the speed small pokemon it is, would end up dodging frenzy plant if he did keep it, and since Serperior's tail would be stuck in the ground during the launching of the move, He'd be a sitting duck, perfect for ash to hit down like he did right in this battle.

As for solarbeam...I think that the reason why it fired so fast in the world tournament was because the sunlight was strong. You saw that everytime he used it, they aniamated the sun to show it gleaming. Therefore I think trip took advantage of that. They could just say that wasn't the case here.

Solarbeams questionable, but frenzy plant defiantly wouldn't have hit pikachu if they wanted it to win. Its perfectly plausible too, even by game standards. In game it has 90 acuraccy...lol

May I ask what the "wave motion" thing that riolu did to emboar? That was really cool. lol

I love Jalorda, but when he was squeezing Pikachu, I felt really bad. I wanted the battle to be over. D: I'm pretty sad that Bianca lost to Kotetsu, but it's good she's gotten stronger and more better at battling. I hope we see her again.