• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not bad of an episode, but I missed about 6 minutes of the beginning. Just caught Ash about to beat Trip, which looked pretty surprising. As usual, he leaves, but he and Ash shake hands to see another day of their rivalry.

Inbetween, Sauna scenes. Poor Oshawott getting electrocuted by Pikachu's thunderbolt in the water.

Bianca VS Cameron. Was cheering for Bianca, but Cameron had to come and step on her dreams. The Attract from Emboar caught me by surprise. Nice to see Escavalier again.

But that's it? Well, its nice to have Round 2 battles show trainers with 2 Pokemon. Kind of funny now, since it corresponds to the numerical round. Betting Round 3 is 3 Pokemon.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The moves for Samurott switch up, including Razor Shell, but Escavalier spams Iron Defense. It then leads with Twineedle but Samurott deflects with Razor Shells

I just wanted to point out, in the English dub today, Bianca called out for a Fury Attack instead of Twineedle.

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
Agree with the people that are saying it should have been a full battle.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This...wasn't such a good episode for battles. It was full of unbelievable moments that reminded me that apparently Leer + Frenzy Plant is a deadly combo.

First, that fight with Ash and Trip... Seriously? One attack and stone wall Serperior is down? That should've been a full battle to lessen how stupid the end was... Also, Ash, for the record, you tied with Trip that time. That ruins the whole "I lost to Trip every time" flashback. Take down the tail, Pikachu! Oh wait, you took Serperior down too. You're so lucky! Bleah...

Unsettling male-to-male-to-male sauna scene. That will teach the kids.

And now, here we go with Bianca and Camoron. I really, really feel bad that Bianca was left crying on the floor while everyone else celebrated Cameron's win. I'm more amazed that Escavalier's crazy scary defense was just...brushed off as nothing else. They could've made Samurott use Hydro Cannon instead, but no, Razor Shell spam it is, and nobody pointed out if it reduced his defense or not. I'm going to go with this, but that makes Cameron pretty cheap.

And let's not talk about Riolu, who literally used the weakened Emboar as a living punching bag. That looked a bit cruel.

Poor Bianca. I hope your father didn't watch your anti-climatic defeat. Hopefully, the next episode will be a good one...

An episode where our adorable Axew takes screentime for no reason.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Writers should of just given Ash a riolu egg. The fans want it but yet we get Cammy. Ugh... It is like the writers don't do anything the fans want. Best part had to be the Oshawott part. Poor guy just wanted to chill

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I said this when the episode first aired, but it's apparent Trip didn't raise his Serperior's defenses right, what he did was focus on Serperior's speed to make it evasive and by doing so, when it gets hit by a strong enough move, it will drop.

The tip off was when Trip ordered Serperior to plant it's tail into the ground, yes there have been cases where other pokemon have done the same to negate Pikachu's attacks, however Trip commanded it rather quickly when Ash called for Thunderbolt and if Serperior was truely the defensive force it was supposed to be, it wouldn't have needed to do that. Add in to the fact that back during the last tournament nobody except Alder was able to actually touch the thing, and the point gets nailed further.

Now I will agree that the tide of the battle shifted way too fast(and that is bs), but Serperior going down to a combo strike is acceptable since it wasn't raised defensively, if you raise a pokemon to be completely evasive, then if you can hit it hard enough it will drop.

As for Ash and Trip not having a six on six, I really don't see a point in them doing so, considering three of Trip's pokemon have gotten countless exposure under the command of other people (Unfezant:Ash, Jellicent:poacher and Marlon, Ice Cream Cone:georgia) those three didn't really need to seen, I will admit that it should've at least been a two on two for Conkeldurr to get some redemption, possibly a three on three since we've only seen what Chandelure can do under the command of the train dudes) but this was a new concept route to take and i can deal with it, even if people cry foul about how the battle went down.

As far as Bianca and Cameron's fight goes, the dubbers definitely screwed up the dialogue transition for the fight between Samurott and Escalivier, making it seem weirder on how Cameron won, but Emboar going down was perfectly reasonable, it got slammed by two water moves, one of which is the most powerful one known and something only Paul's Magmortar to this day was able to withstand and keep going, so Riolu beating it up makes sense besides it took several hits to knock it out as well.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Serperior vs Pikachu pissed me off so much. Ash simply just tells Pikachu to open its eyes when it was on the verge of fainting and it magically recovers. What a load of BS.

I think he was more dizzy and out of it and not "fainting." I think him opening his eyes had more to do with him getting focus.

As for Cammy vs Bianca I really thought I missed a battle and had no idea why it was only 2 on 2. Seemed odd. I thing the Hoenn League was the last good league for me at least. Unless this has a shocking ending idk...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm glad Ash didn't lose at the beginning of the league. I was sad that Bianca lost to Cameron but I loved the sauna scene with Oshawott, Riolu, and Pikachu.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'm a bit disappointed in the battle between Ash and Trip... For Pikachu to take so many hits and then just comeback with a single combo... I don't know it's just meh... In other news I didn't know Bianca's Emboar was female until now (or maybe Cameron's Samurott was female) anyway lets move on to the next episode!

matt0044

I swear Serperior putting the squeeze on Pikachu would NOT fly by with 4kids. Hell, I'm surprise any censor would let it pass (US wise mostly).

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I swear Serperior putting the squeeze on Pikachu would NOT fly by with 4kids. Hell, I'm surprise any censor would let it pass (US wise mostly).

Wit that same logic Young Justice should not air at a kid friendly time like it does. Since it has blood and actually says kill and die and those stuff. Maybe that is why it is being canned since it went the extra mile. TBH since 6yr olds play CoD and GTA I really don't see why the USA feels like they need to censor much in this day and age. Kids will see violence in some form growing up

matt0044

Wit that same logic Young Justice should not air at a kid friendly time like it does. Since it has blood and actually says kill and die and those stuff. Maybe that is why it is being canned since it went the extra mile. TBH since 6yr olds play CoD and GTA I really don't see why the USA feels like they need to censor much in this day and age. Kids will see violence in some form growing up

Okay, JUST with 4kids.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I think he was more dizzy and out of it and not "fainting." I think him opening his eyes had more to do with him getting focus.

As for Cammy vs Bianca I really thought I missed a battle and had no idea why it was only 2 on 2. Seemed odd. I thing the Hoenn League was the last good league for me at least. Unless this has a shocking ending idk...
Then prepare for disappointment, this episode alone proves the worth of this league

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm sorry but we should literally be watching Pikachu's funeral next episode. He was legit choked to death.