• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

gohan5

Irisboy
So I'm the only person who had a problem with how hacked that Samurott was?? Seriously Escavalier's defense was raised hella high and more then enough to take a Razor Shell.

Yeah I guess so, I didn't really have a problem with it. Though I was slightly miffed Bianca went down, I thought it was a unique way to get around Bianca's ultimate defense strategy. Besides it's the anime, obviously things aren't going to go the same as game logic. That being said, it wasn't like it was a completely unbelievable strategy, similar to when we saw his Ferrothorn Pin Missile that Eelektross inside it's mouth. It was the equivalent of finding the chink in the unbreakable armor.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yeah I guess so, I didn't really have a problem with it. Though I was slightly miffed Bianca went down, I thought it was a unique way to get around Bianca's ultimate defense strategy. Besides it's the anime, obviously things aren't going to go the same as game logic. That being said, it wasn't like it was a completely unbelievable strategy, similar to when we saw his Ferrothorn Pin Missile that Eelektross inside it's mouth. It was the equivalent of finding the chink in the unbreakable armor.

Oh please the whole point of that stupid battle was to OP Kotetsu. It was crap and completely rushed.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well I disagree, but honestly that was the thing you didn't like about the battle? Not Attract by freaking Emboar lol? At least the Samurott thing was an actual strategy.

Um, on Bel's part yes it was a strategy. Bel actually used her brain in that battle which I loved to see. Seriously Kotetsu wouldn't win one battle without that stupid bandanna.

gohan5

Irisboy
Um, on Bel's part yes it was a strategy. Bel actually used her brain in that battle which I loved to see. Seriously Kotetsu wouldn't win one battle without that stupid bandanna.

So double standard much? Kotetsu showed just as much strategy as Bianca, whether you like him or not is irrelevant. I myself prefer Bianca, but actually give Kotetsu credit for his win here, which was one of his better battles.

J Ken

RAVE
Serperior going from solarbeam and frenzy plant to energy ball and wrap was unforgivable. It's pretty much the writers knowing they made it too good for ash to possibly beat and so phoned in a handy dose of plot induced failure on the two.

This comment is a win. Serperior in the Junior Cup is still superior to the Unova league one. This episode title is good but I would have gone with a punish title like "The Tail end of the Rival Battle".

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Just going to point out that Cameron got the idea to get past Escavalier's defences without the help of his sweatband. If you recall; what Cameron ended up with was a sore head after snapping it on his forehead, failing to get a brainwave, but he managed to come up with an idea despite this.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So double standard much? Kotetsu showed just as much strategy as Bianca, whether you like him or not is irrelevant. I myself prefer Bianca, but actually give Kotetsu credit for his win here, which was one of his better battles.

Really?? Where is Bel's strategy causer??

What strategy did Cameron use other then "I got it, lets spam Razor Shell till it does something"?

As much as I hate Cameron...

His strategy wasn't spamming Razor Shell. It was "It may be able to perfectly prevent hits on the outside, but it can't prevent repercussions from the inside'.

It suffered from internal vibrations of its shell, causing it to lose. Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the episodes...(jk:p)

gohan5

Irisboy
Really?? Where is Bel's strategy causer??

Like Raptor already said, he came up with something despite his headband brainwave-thing backfiring on him.

What strategy did Cameron use other then "I got it, lets spam Razor Shell till it does something"?

As opposed to the other brilliant strategies, use attack x until the opponent faints. Nobody said it was great, but he found a way to damage Bianca's Pokemon despite the high defense and that deserves credit.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

His strategy wasn't spamming Razor Shell. It was "It may be able to perfectly prevent hits on the outside, but it can't prevent repercussions from the inside'.

It suffered from internal vibrations of its shell, causing it to lose
. Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the episodes...(jk:p)

Ok what the actual **** -_-....

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

It suffered from internal vibrations of its shell, causing it to lose. Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the episodes...(jk:p)
Are you kidding me... I'd find it more believable if Razor Shell just lowered it's defense like in game, but to use vibrations, what is this, the first season of Yu-gi-oh?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That made as much sense as a lot of other fights, hell even more so. But not everyone can be perfect right? :p It was a solid win for Kotetsu. And I felt even despite my wanting her to win, Bianca didn't deserve it there.

HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE LEAGUE AT ALL!!!!

In fact, without Ash, he wouldn't ****ing be.

gohan5

Irisboy
Are you kidding me... I'd find it more believable if Razor Shell just lowered it's defense like in game, but to use vibrations, what is this, the first season of Yu-gi-oh?

Iron Defense doesn't nullify all damage anyway, so I don't get the big deal. It's a move that raises defense, no defense is perfect. He found a way around it and won. What's wrong with that? Oh yeah, it's him let's bash him :pP

That has no bearing on his battling ability, which wasn't bad.

I mean rage all you want about how you hate him, but it's baseless.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Iron Defense doesn't nullify all damage anyway, so I don't get the big deal. It's a move that raises defense, no defense is perfect. He found a way around it and won. What's wrong with that? Oh yeah, it's him let's bash him :pP

That has no bearing on his battling ability, which wasn't bad.

I mean rage all you want about how you hate him, but it's baseless.

You said Bel didn't deserve the win here while Kotetsu didn't even deserve to be here.

If the strategy is so damn stupid that Ash wouldn't even think of it, you know you did something wrong -_-....

gohan5

Irisboy
You said Bel didn't deserve the win here while Kotetsu didn't even deserve to be here.

If the strategy is so damn stupid that Ash wouldn't even think of it, you know you did something wrong -_-....

He deserved to be there, he got his badges. He could have missed it, but he earned his right to be there.

You know that wasn't said, so I don't see how it's a counterargument lol. Besides, we don't wanna get into the multitude of dumb mistakes the characters have made in battles lol.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

I could not disagree anymore, as much as you guys might not like Cameron he earned his badges and provded his strength and earned his spot in the league.

Bianca has been relying on her Emboar too much and she can't be a super strong trainer just relying on one Pokemon, none of her other Pokemon have gotten wins on-screen which is pretty silly. Escavalier and Minccino are more interesting to me.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
He deserved to be there, he got his badges. He could have missed it, but he earned his right to be there.

You know that wasn't said, so I don't see how it's a counterargument lol. Besides, we don't wanna get into the multitude of dumb mistakes the characters have made in battles lol.

Again -_-.....thanks to Ash.