• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And again, he deserved to be there. Whether you want him to be or not has no relevance, but you already knew that.

Without Ash he would have 7 badges and be in Johto -_-......

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
But she still got to be a trainer didn't she? :p She owes just as much to Ash, so again not a counterargument.

Ya but at least she knows the damn basics -_-...you can call her a klutz all you want but she wasn't stupid.

gohan5

Irisboy
Ya but at least she knows the damn basics -_-...you can call her a klutz all you want but she wasn't stupid.

They both have their faults, and aren't all that different anyway. It didn't affect the episode for me, sorry it did for you. Neither of them is stupid, I would never say that, because I like them both.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They both have their faults, and aren't all that different anyway. It didn't affect the episode for me, sorry it did for you. Neither of them is stupid, I would never say that, because I like them both.

I don't care how competent his battling skills are, Kotetsu is stupid with a capital S.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Your opinion, I disagree. Eitherway, I had no qualms with his battle, it was as good as any of the others.

Please name one way he wasn't stupid OUTSIDE of battle??

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What do you mean? We didn't see much of him outside the battle in this episode lol. It's Ash's adventures, not his.

In all of his episodes -_-.....

gohan5

Irisboy
In all of his episodes -_-.....

This is only about this specific episode so that's what I'm talking about. Besides, we're done, you just want to bash him some more. I think my point has been made already, it was a decent episode. Nothing stellar, but a solid win for Kotetsu. It could have easily gone Bianca's way, but that's how the dice rolls sometimes.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This is only about this specific episode so that's what I'm talking about. Besides, we're done, you just want to bash him some more. I think my point has been made already, it was a decent episode. Nothing stellar, but a solid win for Kotetsu. It could have easily gone Bianca's way, but that's how the dice rolls sometimes.

Lol right......

Next your gonna say the final battle was a solid win for Kotetsu -_-....

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Guys, this is supposed to be about Trip and Ash. Save the Cameron bashing until you get to his and Ash's battle.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Guys, this is supposed to be about Trip and Ash. Save the Cameron bashing until you get to his and Ash's battle.
Or how about don't do it all because there was enough of that overreacting when the episode aired in Japan.

Too much of it. Hoping there'll be more people talking about and giving their opinions on the actual episode.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Gohan, Rob. Wouldn't that be better to be discussed via VM?
-

Something that annoyed me was that the battles felt odd. The flashbacks and talking lasted way too long while Pikachu was being squeezed. The battles lacked flow.

Ok what the actual **** -_-....

Uh, the words I wrote were directly from the translated version of the japanese version. I'm not making **** (just in case you think so...)

The writers over did the stupid-yet-smart thing. They showed him to be too stupid outside the battles. They clearly didn't know how to balance things so...what should have been a lovable character turned into a character we all hate.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Or how about don't do it all because there was enough of that overreacting when the episode aired in Japan.

Too much of it. Hoping there'll be more people talking about and giving their opinions on the actual episode.

If they were overreacting in Japan, that must mean that the writers had really screwed up. That's not my problem though. They shouldn't have done something dumb like that.

The writers over did the stupid-yet-smart thing. They showed him to be too stupid outside the battles. They clearly didn't know how to balance things so...what should have been a lovable character turned into a character we all hate.

There was nothing smart about what they did with Trip and Bianca. Why take a likeable character like Kotetsu and make him unlikeable like that? Makes me want to have Trip back.