• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mistakes in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

He was just a little kid when he had Carnivine. He probably wasn't seriously training it.

Plus the writers will always make TR lose.

I know that ,but Piplup was(at the time) less expierenced,it should have took more then one hit.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I know that ,but Piplup was(at the time) less expierenced,it should have took more then one hit.

Team Rocket is supposed to lose their battles. Piplup was just the chosen Pokemon of the day to send TR packing.

Again, I stress, Games =/= Anime. Carnivine may have lost some battling skill and experience when it was cooped up in that chest for all that time.

Alfonso

Derpgull
You know, one Pokemon losing to another is not a 'mistake' even if there is a large difference in power and ability. The writers have always done it.

Mistakes are things like animation and coloring errors, narrative errors, continuity errors, etc. Dub mistakes also count as well.

'Pikachu losing to a Caterpie' is not a mistake and neither is certain attacks not being effective in the games but effective in the anime. This
is just my interpretation on what a 'mistake' in the anime is but I'm confident that it's closer to the thread's original intent than some of the
examples given in the thread.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
But do you agree that a Golem getting beat by a Thunderbolt is a mistake?

Not necessarily. We saw Pikachu receive extensive training in the fifth episode that made it possible for it to take down Ground types with enough effort - it allowed it to knock out Takeshi's Ishisubute in one hit. Since Pikachu had gotten even stronger between episode 5 and the first movie, odds are it could handle a Golonya.

But really, I think it was just for the sake of the script. Pokémon: The First Movie had to serve two purposes - it had to appeal to fans of the show, and it had to draw in people who'd never seen it before. Thus, things like Pikachu's ability as Satoshi's strongest Pokémon had to be established in that opening battle sequence for the sake of people who didn't know about it, which is why you see it knock out three fully-evolved Pokémon in one hit, including one that has the type advantage. Over the top, sure, but it convinced everyone in the audience that Pikachu is a damn good fighter.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
The anime doesn't always follow the rules of the game so things like Thunder defeating a ground Pokemon is legit.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
The anime doesn't always follow the rules of the game so things like Thunder defeating a ground Pokemon is legit.

The problem is that characters in the show say that ground-types aren't affected by electricity; then go ahead and do it anyways.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Yeah I mean like when Crasher sent out Quagsire, Ash called back Pikachu because of that very problem

Exactly. And every time before that, when Ash tried to use Pikachu against a ground-type, he was shocked it didn't work, until Brock (or Max while he was there) would remind him that Pikachu failed against ground-types.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Half of the time the writers don't even take dual types into consideration. Pikachu probably was able to shock Onix and Golem because they are Rock types which are fair game when attacked with an Electric move.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Maybe we should just accept the fact that the anime isn't perfect. What are we hoping to gain from this thread, anyway? Superiority over the writers for knowing more about type advantages than they do?

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Ash is always popping TR's balloons, but sometimes the balloon flies away, and other times it conveniently crashes nearby so they can rescue whoever TR stole.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
I don't know if this has been posted, and I don't know if it was just the danish dub, but...

At the end of the first season, Ash beats some guy's Marowak. With Thunder Wave. Double fail, that is.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
In the first movie when blastoies comes from the floor its chin is blue and not white adn nido king is blue when gyrados flyinto the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.