• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mistakes on Serebii.net V2

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I've just gone through almost half of the old thread, correcting the errors people have posted, and stopped as it was starting to get to be the ones

From now on, I'm going to keep on top of the errors so you will be rest assured our stuff is completely accurate.

However, please don't overwhelm me with errors if you find them. I am just one busy person, even though I'm a quick worker.

Can you please try to refrain from posting spelling or grammatical errors. Most of those are on old sections which will be remade when Nintendo gives me a lull in news.

Also, to make it easier for me, please format your posts like this

Error: Error Text
Link: Link

Thanks

Maxim

Beyond repair
I still see those poorly romanized Trainer Names in Battle Revolution Colosseum Walkthrough Sections.

Isn't it time to replace them with their English names?

Links: This and all other Colosseums and this.

Last edited:

Skirgedot

I had a huge list of mistakes in my head, but due to school I forget them all, but its nice to see they are getting fixed now. Here are three more:

Error: Although you (finally) fixed the boring Ice/Grass Snover's/Abomasnow's mistake in most of the sections, two of them remain untouched.
Links: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/wilditems.shtml

Error: The gender differences of Pachirisu are missing.
Link: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/gender.shtml

Error: The Elite Four section has some ugly mistakes. First, Bertha has a Golem level 56 instead of 59. Vice versa for Hippowdon. The same happens with Cynthia's Pokémon. She has a Garchomp, not a Kaburiaso :)P), and the levels are also wrong. Milotic is level 63, Roserade is level 60 and Lucario is also level 63.
Link: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/elite4.shtml

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Will get on them shortly

At least its good to see that the errors are 3 years old and older and not recent ones (since I gained pride in my work :p)

I still see those poorly romanized Trainer Names in Battle Revolution Colosseum Walkthrough Sections.

Isn't it time to replace them with their English names?

Links: This and all other Colosseums and this.
That will take some doing as I have to get the names first. It'll be a while but it'll happen

Skirgedot

Some other general errors I found. It seems like the old ones are fixed, but I still have to move to the other sections. :p

Error: Don't really know who Minomadammu, but I suppose it is the japanese name of Wormadam? That seems quite common in the site.
Link: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/minomucchi.shtml

Error: Sitrus Berry doesn't heal 30HP. It actually restores 25% of it when health goes below half.
Link: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/berries.shtml

There are also other small things. For example, you should add Amulet Coin here because that's arguably the most valuable thing there. Just as a note, some abilities need to be noted as a primary concept when it comes to damage taken. For instance, Levitate Pokémon are unaffected by Ground-Attacks, however no Pokémon with that trait has x0 in the ground gap. As far as I can remember, only Levitate and Wonder Guard nullifies the damage taken. Others like Thick Fat just halve that damage.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there is also Water and Volt Absorb. Don't sure about any others, so if anyone remembers any...

LittleGuy

Advanced Trainer
Just as a note, some abilities need to be noted as a primary concept when it comes to damage taken. For instance, Levitate Pokémon are unaffected by Ground-Attacks, however no Pokémon with that trait has x0 in the ground gap. As far as I can remember, only Levitate and Wonder Guard nullifies the damage taken. Others like Thick Fat just halve that damage.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there is also Water and Volt Absorb. Don't sure about any others, so if anyone remembers any...

Surely it's worth keeping the damage taken bars in should be wiser? Like, just in case someone uses Skill Swap or a Pokémon with Mold Breaker?

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Error: The Pokéarth page for Turnback cave has incorrect levels for platinum, and neglects to have show Dusclops being found in between the Entrance and first Pillar. The levels between those two locations are correct, but those between the first and second pillars are 10 levels higher than they truly are, being in their twenties level wise. Same with those between the second and third pillars, being in their thirties level wise.
Link: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sinnoh/turnbackcave.shtml#pt

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Error: The Pokéarth page for Turnback cave has incorrect levels for platinum, and neglects to have show Dusclops being found in between the Entrance and first Pillar. The levels between those two locations are correct, but those between the first and second pillars are 10 levels higher than they truly are, being in their twenties level wise. Same with those between the second and third pillars, being in their thirties level wise.
Link: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sinnoh/turnbackcave.shtml#pt
I'll have to look into that as the Location Data I have came from the game.

Missing Brawl and Pokémon data

I just went to serebii.net to see if the Mystery Gift section--of the Pokémon Diamond & Pearl catagory--talked about the Jirachi event going on in Japan. However, I found that it still said that there were no events at this time. Has Serebii.net decided to stop updating their Pokémon Diamond & Pearl catagory just like they did on some of the older catagories? ...Eh? What do I mean by that, you ask? Well, in the Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen catagory of Serebii.net, there are little bits of information that still haven't been updated. The main section involves the data involving Altering Cave. It said there would be more information added as it came in, but nothing has happened in that section since. The same thing has happened in the Altering Cave section of Pokémon Emerald.
There is also a non-Pokémon catagory that has yet to be updated: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (real catagory name: "Smash Bros. Brawl"). This has quite a few things to be updated. First, where are the Co-Op Events? Second, in the "Hammer of the King" Event, it says that there are 3 opponent King Dededes, but the only opponent King Dedede is the Giant Metal one and the other two are your allies. Third, Wolf O'Donnel's Profile Picture is still his picture from Star Fox: Assault. He has a different one in Brawl. Lastly, the info on how to unlock Wolf O'Donnel is incorrect. I know that Serebii.net is mainly a Pokémon site, but...

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Well for one, the Jirachi event has finished.

The Altering Cave stuff didnt get updated because nothing got announced about it. If any details were given, it would be there (although it was said that it changed when going to Wonder Spots in Japan).

I'll get on the Brawl stuff soon

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Under the DP Pokemon of the Week, it says Heatran was the pokemon of the week of the 12th of July 2008 when it is obviously this week, in 2009